corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How much to footballers earn?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author How much to footballers earn?
Cosmo

User status: Offline
16th Apr 09 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
But they don't DO anything other than naturally being pretty......

Its a shambles and if anything an embarrasement on the human race to take looks and natural prettyness over someone who is happy to risk their life every day to save others......

It IS how the economy works, but is it HOW the economy should work? No.

But the basis of it is that they have something that NOT EVERYONE can do, and are in an industry that is worth billions upon billions and can therefore afford to pay them huge amounts of money - same with Musicians and Actors.

Their is no other way to work it - how else do you want to make the economy to work? It would be nice if we could pay nurses, firemen, whatever millions a year, but where would the money come from?
Joe

16th Apr 09 at 11:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carling should sponser the NHS.

Obviously.
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well I guess sponsorship of certain wards/hospitals/high flying doctors could be an option...would maybe attract drugs companies and other companies after the good PR.
mattk

16th Apr 09 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know WHY footballers can comand the wages they do but anyone who thinks its justified that they get that sort of money is a fucking moron

IMO
Daimo B

16th Apr 09 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Higher taxes on the huge corperations.
Higher taxes on specific jobs that have natural ability over those that learn things....
Much tighter control over what local councils spend money on
Much tighter control on taxes.
Increased taxes on immigration workers.

Just random ideas, but really, its not my job to work it out. Its the MP's who get paid average wages, but backhand millions each year (hence all the scandels about spending all the time).

Whilst your right, where does the money come from, we're back to the ethical front again. Dog eat dog world.
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 11:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
I know WHY footballers can comand the wages they do but anyone who thinks its justified that they get that sort of money is a fucking moron

IMO

Well it is justified to some degree - the sponsors throw money into the sport, the TV channels throw money into the sport and the football fans throw money into the sport.

Its then an option of either the clubs owners making huge amounts of money or the players taking a good cut of that - which they do. After all they are the number one reason that all those people throw money into the sport.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Apr 09 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what came first though, throwing loads of money at the players or throwing loads of money at the sport from various sources that you have just mentioned.

If the players came first then that would indicate TV/etc only pay the stupid sums because the players are commanding it. discuss
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Higher taxes on the huge corperations.
Higher taxes on specific jobs that have natural ability over those that learn things....
Much tighter control over what local councils spend money on
Much tighter control on taxes.
Increased taxes on immigration workers.

Compaies would fly the UK for other less taxing countries = loss of jobs and increase in amount of benefits paid out.

Discrimination - would again see an exodus of those people to other countries and a loss of revenue from those industries.

Agreed, councils waste millions.

Agreed kind of.

Agreed, mainly because it would see less come into the country - although some of them bring things we actually need.
James

16th Apr 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Discuss.
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
what came first though, throwing loads of money at the players or throwing loads of money at the sport from various sources that you have just mentioned.

If the players came first then that would indicate TV/etc only pay the stupid sums because the players are commanding it. discuss

Well players have always earned above the average person (since they turned pro), even if it isnt to the same excess as it is now.

Money has also always been thrown into the sport, although again not to the excess it is now.

Its a chicken and egg thing, but again doesnt take from the fact its just a free market economy at work.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Apr 09 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats shit man, I was expecting a proper answer from you Cosmo with facts, figures and perhaps a spreadsheet. I genuinely really want to know now
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure if their is a real answer - obviously football used to be a sport where the players werent professional and the clubs had little to no sponsorship, and the games werent on TV and werent played infront of 40,50,60k+ fans every week.

No did the clubs get sponsorship in to make money noticing an opportunity, and therefore could afford to make players play professionally? Or did players start playing profressionally and the clubs got sponsorship etc. in to pay for this? I dont know - Id guess at the first but cant be sure.
Tommy L

16th Apr 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where's the picture of a liverpools wage slip? (i think it was a liverpool player )
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John Arne Riise.
Daimo B

16th Apr 09 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo

Compaies would fly the UK for other less taxing countries = loss of jobs and increase in amount of benefits paid out.

Discrimination - would again see an exodus of those people to other countries and a loss of revenue from those industries.

All the top nations need to agree the same thing though. Thats the issue, ME WANT ME WANT ME WANT. People in the position that earn these kinda wages are usually very selfish.

What would be so bad about those huge companies moving to countries where life is very hard, bringing money and life into those poorer countries....?

Im actually for immirgration workers. Work harder than many UK people would. Myself included
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
Where's the picture of a liverpools wage slip? (i think it was a liverpool player )

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Riise%20payslip/dougstar007/john-arne-riise-payslip.jpg

Thats a monthly wageslip - so works out like approx 30-35k a week.
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
All the top nations need to agree the same thing though. Thats the issue, ME WANT ME WANT ME WANT. People in the position that earn these kinda wages are usually very selfish.

What would be so bad about those huge companies moving to countries where life is very hard, bringing money and life into those poorer countries....?

Well these companies probably contribute a huge amount of money to our economy through taxes, employment, etc. etc. if you're happy with them moving away then great - but this country would be fucked.
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 12:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
No, its a weekly payslip.

Week 24 (of 52).

Its a monthly wage slip for someone who is on a weekly amount. Riise is/was not on £120k a week.
Daimo B

16th Apr 09 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Well these companies probably contribute a huge amount of money to our economy through taxes, employment, etc. etc. if you're happy with them moving away then great - but this country would be fucked.

Why would it be screwed if everyone was in the same situation?????

But this is EXACTLY my point.... me me me..... What about MY country, MY economy?? Screw everyone else....

What about all those people who can hardly even eat... Im sure they would love the opportunity to work, buy a house, a car, clothes etc.....

If the WORLD sorted something, we'd advance much faster imo.

Back to ethics, and having some, or not, I guess.
Daimo B

16th Apr 09 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Its a monthly wage slip for someone who is on a weekly amount. Riise is/was not on £120k a week.

You can garentee that? It just im sure the press article about it was about a weekly wage, not a monthly? I could be wrong.
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Why would it be screwed if everyone was in the same situation?????

But this is EXACTLY my point.... me me me..... What about MY country, MY economy?? Screw everyone else....

What about all those people who can hardly even eat... Im sure they would love the opportunity to work, buy a house, a car, clothes etc.....

If the WORLD sorted something, we'd advance much faster imo.

Back to ethics, and having some, or not, I guess.

If only life was as simple as creating a single world tax structure, then spread the companies evenly to provide enough employment for the population whilst providing the right amount of tax to the Governments (who'd all have to be run at the same efficiency and be totally legit) and they'd all have to have the same spending pattern/benefits/nhs/education/etc/etc.

What you are suggesting is something you'd expect a nice tree hugger who is all for world peace but has these impossible dreams that just cannot ever happen.

More chance of Santa delivering food and water to the needy than the above happening.
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

You can garentee that? It just im sure the press article about it was about a weekly wage, not a monthly? I could be wrong.

Yeah I can, as I was a Liverpool shareholder at the time and got full details on the companies wage bill - if Riise was on that much then Liverpool were didling the accounts.
Daimo B

16th Apr 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

If only life was as simple as creating a single world tax structure, then spread the companies evenly to provide enough employment for the population whilst providing the right amount of tax to the Governments (who'd all have to be run at the same efficiency and be totally legit) and they'd all have to have the same spending pattern/benefits/nhs/education/etc/etc.

What you are suggesting is something you'd expect a nice tree hugger who is all for world peace but has these impossible dreams that just cannot ever happen.

More chance of Santa delivering food and water to the needy than the above happening.

It can, there are just far too many corrupt selfish people in power.

Ethically though, im right. I have many eithics and morals. Something many don't who are in political power.
Cosmo

16th Apr 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

It can, there are just far too many corrupt selfish people in power.

Ethically though, im right. I have many eithics and morals. Something many don't who are in political power.

It cant be - what you are suggesting can ONLY be done if we have a single world economy.

I.e. a single currency, a single place where money is collected and spilt between around the world depending on where its needed, you'd have to tell companies where they are to be based so you can provide employment in those areas (to avoid areas on unemployment), etc. etc.

Its impossible to do.
Daimo B

16th Apr 09 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I.e. a single currency, a single place where money is collected and spilt between around the world depending on where its needed, you'd have to tell companies where they are to be based so you can provide employment in those areas (to avoid areas on unemployment), etc. etc.

Its impossible to do.

Impossible is a word used when it requires too much work, even though the outcome would benefit the entire world and human race.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » How much to footballers earn? 22 database queries in 0.0116589 seconds