corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ

Poll: Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ
  All everyone to sell
  Restrict selling to Premium Members

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ
mart08uk

User status: Offline
29th Apr 09 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not have a database where if you want to sell you need to fill a form in which the values get added to this database, then that person is able to trade..up to date contact number, etc... then any problems the buyer can veiw this form on demand, visa versa .. just an idea
John

29th Apr 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You would need a credit card or some form of ID to confirm the details.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 09 at 22:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I'm talking about for the future but that takes time to develop and it's still not perfect it it's not validated.
tomo9992

29th Apr 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

put a post count target b4 you can post in sale section.

like you must have minimum of 50 or 100 posts b4 you can sell/post in sale section, this will atleast stop people signing up just to sell some thing they have without giving any imput to the forum, and obviously stop fraudsters signing up and posting straight into "selling" stuff. to try con people.

coz i will certainly loose out if it get restricted and i buy/sell my fair share.

just my 2pence worth.
Adam_B

29th Apr 09 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Suppose its good for the site if you have it just premium as well as im sure more people will sign up.

Sales will inevitebly drop but its not like the site will loose anything from this, you dont take a cut from each sale ala ebay.

[Edited on 29-04-2009 by Adam_B]
DannyB
Premium Member

29th Apr 09 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make a traders fee rather than signing up to become premium?
mart08uk

29th Apr 09 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Suppose its good for the site if you have it just premium as well as im sure more people will sign up.

or the opposite way?
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Apr 09 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More systems - the solution needs to be simple.
FruitBooTeR

29th Apr 09 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Premium only would help but imo a lot is down to some of the buyers incompetence and pure stupidity to see a scammer so would be unfair to restrict all the non premiums?
Kurt

29th Apr 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh I don't think the problem is with the classifieds, I've bought numerous things off here no problem.. If I can why can't everyone else?
Craig P

29th Apr 09 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its restricted to Prem Members only though,Thats means you may get less people on the Site,And surely that cant be a Good thing?

If somebody does Scam though,Can they just sign back up in a diffrent Name?Because if so then you will never stop it.

Personally,I think its a bad idea as your may loose out of a Sale/Item and the Person could of Genuinely been Intrested Etc,Because as you've said its only a small amount so i think its just your own personal risk.
If you dont feel confident Buying/Selling then dont Trade at all

However i do Agree to a Feed Back & Rating system,Although i can see the Disadvantages in this aswell,And also it means a bit more hassel for you.
Adam_B

29th Apr 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mart08uk
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B

or the opposite way?

Whats the opposite? People stop using the site because there isnt as many things for sale?

I dont know for sure but id say the for sale section is like an added on bonus kinda thing for most people. Like the people that come on here for the classifieds and do a lot of trading, if they as well post a lot in GC or whatever will still use the site because thats what makes this site good. Loads of stuff happening in GC and OD and the help zone is exactly that, helpful

All just my opinion of course, i dont have any numbers to back that up.
John

29th Apr 09 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
Tbh I don't think the problem is with the classifieds, I've bought numerous things off here no problem.. If I can why can't everyone else?

Because they are stupid (99% of the time)
RS6

29th Apr 09 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only prem ppl should sell this works on ccuk
Jambo

29th Apr 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fraudsters IMO are usually scummers who wouldnt spend a penny if they didnt have to. So the likelyhood of them spoending £12.50 to rip off someone is unlikely but possible so i would have thought it will cut down the numbers, also i would reccomend putting in some sort of genral knowledge question to put them off even more.

As mentioned, some way of confirming details/address when registering for prem would be a good way to deter fraud, but i doubt you will ever stop it tbh.

Ive never had a problem but ive always got appropriate details etc, doesnt make you immune but will stop most of the unnescecary "fraud" on here SP
saj_123

29th Apr 09 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
Premium only would help but imo a lot is down to some of the buyers incompetence and pure stupidity to see a scammer so would be unfair to restrict all the non premiums?

I agree with you there mate, i personally think it would be a bad idea because as stated before there will be fewer items sold and fewer members.

Although i do agree with the point about less scamers. One of the main attractions is the fact that selling is free, this is good and bad. I think a feedback system would be good although it is likely to take time to implement.
Kurt

29th Apr 09 at 22:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Instead of altering the classifieds how about the registration process? Ask for address details as part of it?
saj_123

29th Apr 09 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kurt
Instead of altering the classifieds how about the registration process? Ask for address details as part of it?

Can give false details.
fir3vip3r

29th Apr 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can see how this would be a good and bad thing.

ive sold many items through this site, but have never been a premium member.

ive sold everything from a car to a ps3.

i think a lot of the parts for sale usually come from ex/ or soon to be ex corsa owners, and if you dont have a corsa your unlikely to want to pay money to be part of a corsa website? if you see what im saying.

so you could end up leaving a few people behind and a large amount of good bits that could interest corsa enthusiasts going to other places.

but there is a lot of scams going on it seems, and even though youve made a huge effort to make sure people are sensible about buying online there still a large selection of muppets.

a very much catch 22.

i dont think ive helped very much in this argument, but i voted for everyone to be able to sell anyway

[Edited on 29-04-2009 by fir3vip3r]
c20kenny

29th Apr 09 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why not do something like mig they have a thing in place were you have to have been a member for more than 60days and have over 50 posts. surely if someone was in for a quick scam they would'nt wait 60 days and rack up there posts just to make a couple of quid.
tomo9992

29th Apr 09 at 22:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Craig P

If somebody does Scam though,Can they just sign back up in a diffrent Name?Because if so then you will never stop it.

not if the admins block there ip address aswell
Craig P

29th Apr 09 at 22:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We should ask the Real Hustle (SP) And see what they think.They know how the Scammers minds Work
dale_sri_2009

29th Apr 09 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not that its happend to me but to be honnest your never going to stop it people will find means and ways to do it its just one of those things.
tomo9992

29th Apr 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ agreed, u2u's wont stop people
stu_c

29th Apr 09 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about doing whats on migweb? the feed back scheme?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Trading on Corsa Sport - PLEASE READ 22 database queries in 0.0457799 seconds