corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Damn, Took 3 months but my court date's finally arrived...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Damn, Took 3 months but my court date's finally arrived...
grez12

User status: Offline
30th Apr 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ur job wont help i was self employed doing removals no points ect n now banned for a year straight to the jobby lol

but ya might be ok fing is u will prob still go back and speed just with more caution lol
Kathryn W

30th Apr 09 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez c16b

"i wont be able to get to work, then i wont have any money ect"

And yet another fucker claiming benefits
grez12

30th Apr 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that aimed at me ???? as that post has no relavance to your comment kathryn ??
Kathryn W

30th Apr 09 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i mean in general sorry

They get banned, unable to work and then go on the dole..

The government is well and truely fucked up
Adam_B

30th Apr 09 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Been there done that. Got the T-Shirt at court along with my 6 points and a tiny fine

4 years later and I haven't even got the points any more - Go me

same here. Mine wasnt quite 114 though.
grez12

30th Apr 09 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W
No i mean in general sorry

They get banned, unable to work and then go on the dole..

The government is well and truely fucked up

it happenz thou was only on dole for a few weeks n a mate got me working again no thanks to plod !
Lynny

1st May 09 at 06:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SR-91
'Lose' your license, get a new one off DVLA when you get points send the new license off and you will have a clean license for when youre applying for new jobs
wow what a totally illegal idea, go you
MarkM

1st May 09 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andy1868
my 21st birthday

what are you getting done for?

My 27th
Neo

1st May 09 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely as your license is so important to you, you wouldnt have been doing the speeds to begin with ?

Also, do people not notice when they are being paced
Adam-D

1st May 09 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its all well and good this hindsight thing.

half the ppl having a go are unjust, like no one has ever broken the speed limit once,

good luck with it buddy, hope it goes as best as it can for you.
Boycey

1st May 09 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure evryones broken the speed limit but driving dangerously at 114mph when you need your license for your job is a bit daft but good luck and hope you learn from it
gtitim

1st May 09 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, but you took the chance. You were over 40MPH OVER the speed limit, and you got caught for it. You live and learn. Yes it may have been for a short period, but its not as though your car crept from 70 to 110+ without you knowing is it? Hope for the sake of your job you don't get banned, but it's a strong possibility. Make sure yuo are suited and booted for the court, get your employer's letter and above all, walk or taxi to court, may also be worth 'selling' your car to show the court you are remorseful and are expecting a ban. you could always sell it to your mum, dad, cat etc, but if you sell it you dont own a car - looks good in court
Daimo B

1st May 09 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your NOT scred..... As Paul said, I got 6 points and £400 fine for doing the same average speed with 131mph peak.

Fight it, bend over, lube up, grovel, go in a suit, look petrified, it all helps define you from the common idiot.

Don't fret just yet.
ed

1st May 09 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Boycey
I'm sure evryones broken the speed limit but driving dangerously at 114mph when you need your license for your job is a bit daft but good luck and hope you learn from it
One could argue that 114mph isn't really that dangerous on the motorway in a modern car, but that's a whole different argument for another day.
Boycey

1st May 09 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay dokie
mattk

1st May 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with ed

how did you manage to be followed at an average of 114mph, if it was a helicopter fair enough.

Il admit if im on an empty motorway Il cruise at 100mph if I can but if something is behind me at that speed Il pull in and let it past because theres a good chance its an unmarked car,

and if it was a plod car following you you deserve it

good luck though
oceansoul

1st May 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gtitim
Sorry, but you took the chance. You were over 40MPH OVER the speed limit, and you got caught for it. You live and learn. Yes it may have been for a short period, but its not as though your car crept from 70 to 110+ without you knowing is it? Hope for the sake of your job you don't get banned, but it's a strong possibility. Make sure yuo are suited and booted for the court, get your employer's letter and above all, walk or taxi to court, may also be worth 'selling' your car to show the court you are remorseful and are expecting a ban. you could always sell it to your mum, dad, cat etc, but if you sell it you dont own a car - looks good in court

what he said.
Daimo B

1st May 09 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk

Il admit if im on an empty motorway Il cruise at 100mph if I can but if something is behind me at that speed Il pull in and let it past because theres a good chance its an unmarked car,

and if it was a plod car following you you deserve it

Well mine was at night, by an undercover car, sitting so far back it was two small headlights, a good 200+ metres back.

So very easily done. Im more observent these days, but is easily done.I still cruise at 90-100 at all times on a motorway though.

70mph, whats that??
mattk

1st May 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true story this, happened a few months back

I was on the M6 at around 11pm and it was absolultly baron, I was in the outside lane doing between 100 - 110, all I could see were 2 sets of tail lights right off in the distance, at that speed though I caught them up quite quick and as I got within about 5 or 6 car lengths of them I seen a flash of light in the boot of the maroon Volvo estate that was behind a toyota Rav 4 in the inside lane, at this point Id slowed down to about 85-90 I looked again and saw it was a traffic cone and the red volvo was an unmarked copper, I was online with his rear doors at this point and seen 2 fellas in it dressed in black, so I anchored on and pulled in behind him, that left the Rav 4 the Volvo and me behind, all doing about 80ish, as soon as I pulled in all the blues came on and he pulled the Rav 4

I bet he was going to pull the Rav 4 doing 80 then seen these headlights in the outside lane aproaching rapidly and thought "get in im having him" and then I sussed him
nathy_87

1st May 09 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSport14
quote:
Originally posted by andyc1234
ha well done

Thankyou

For that comment alone you are a jebend.

Was there any particular reason why you were going such speeds?
ed

1st May 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably because he knows that if he crashes at 70 he's dead, so it makes no difference if he's going at 100+.
Boycey

1st May 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Probably because he knows that if he crashes at 70 he's dead, so it makes no difference if he's going at 100+.

Yeah that's what I think everytime I speed
lostboy
Banned

1st May 09 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaSport14
Well im a 3rd year apprentice working for toyota, so i suppose i have an edge over the usual plea of i need my licence for my job.

Ive just done my final training block, my final exams for my toyota vehicle licence is in june. If i loose my licence ill get sacked as i cant diagnose cars and road test them. Its not just my job ill loose its what ive been studying for the past 3 years and its my potential future career that can be lost if i loose my licence.

Basing my opinion on that, You should have thought about that before you decided to do over 100 as that is alot to loose especially in the current jobs situation.

Of course not many people think twice about speeding, i know i don't, But i have nothing to loose if i get banned, Except using my new engine at a track.

That is alot to loose mate and will hopefully teach you a lesson, Save it for the tracks
Muzzy@VauxhallScotland

1st May 09 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but you knew full well what could happen if you lost your license, i would have thought your job and career would be a bit more important than flying about at those speeds.

Im not saying i dont speed but i need my license and i wouldnt do anything to risk losing it
harrisp

1st May 09 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At everyone on their high horses.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Damn, Took 3 months but my court date's finally arrived... 22 database queries in 0.0171070 seconds