corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sikh coppers request bulletproof turbans

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sikh coppers request bulletproof turbans
mattk

User status: Offline
8th May 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
Also anyone who leaves this country, for holidays and such SHOULD behave like locals, not get pissed up in San Antonio with a bunch of mates. Brits have a lot of double standards, we've ruined parts of some countries.

Im sure the people of San Antonio are quite glad that the british people "ruined" their part of the world, and gave them all the money they spent whilst doing it

and being on holiday is different, living here is another story

if they beleive they cant take their turbans off thats their problem, they simply cant do the job, I may want to be a Sikh Priest, I cant though because I dont believe in their religion, should I write to someone to try to change their rules?
micra_pete
Premium Member

8th May 09 at 12:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they're only asking for new hats
Tom G

8th May 09 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
Why Tom, out of interest

Because there born height disadvantaged? and they can't do anything physical about that problem, But a Sikh can simply take off there religious head wear and problem solved.......
ssj_kakarot

8th May 09 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have no idea about there religion tbh, however, i presume they HAVE to wear the turban for religious purposes if thats the case i dont see the problem.

HOWEVER, if there religion says they can actually remove the headgear then yeah they should just shut up.

depends if there doing it because they have no other choice or if there just being awkward.
Sam
Premium Member

8th May 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know loads of Sikhs that don't wear any form of headwear... They only wear them at religious gatherings/their own weddings etc.
_Allan_

8th May 09 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sikh with firearms, now your talking

richc

8th May 09 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Dont get it. All they have in them is their hair! Its on top of their head, so why do we need to spend over £100,000 (west mids police) on trying to develop something to protect hair!
Ojc

8th May 09 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some twat has taken this story out of context. Really what is the point in a helmet to protect hair like Rich has pointed out?

Normally bobby doesn't have a helmet, why should an Indian?
John

8th May 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you expect them to get the helmet on, turban off, hair through a hole in a ponytail, turban back on on top?

It's not been taken out of context.
J da Silva

8th May 09 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
They shouldn't be allowed to make stupid requests, I adhere to the British way of life here and I expect any of you to do the same in Brazil.

Out of curiosity, what do you have to do different and what would we have to do different on a visist to Brazil?

There's no obligations but what I mean is, say I'm talking to another Portuguese speaking person in a public place, I would speak English, it's ignorant (IMO) to be in Britain, infront of British people and talk in another language to my own kind. I just wouldn't dream of it for two reasons, 1) It would wind you all up and 2) I think it's disrespectful.
I don't claim rasism everytime someone says Brazilian's are mental or rubbish. (Hammer you racist pig)

If you were to visit Brazil, start waving Argentina flags around then you'd probably get shot, so don't go doing that.

I just think the Asian community take themselves too seriously, it's as if they think the world is plotting against them and they should have what they want and when they want it, and if it's not to their liking then they claim racism and go to the nearest media paracite that will listen.

[Edited on 08-05-2009 by J da Silva]
Gareth F

8th May 09 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not put a turban around a normal helmet if they have a problem.
Up to them tbh, why waste money we dont have making soldiers gear 'religious'

We are not allowed christmas holidays, or nativity plays any more which i think is rediculous. Do we go to their countries and cry about christianity not being pushed more in their home towns? No because we would probably be shot dead
Uk has major issues at the moment, needs a back bone imo.
Ren

8th May 09 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Normally bobby doesn't have a helmet, why should an Indian?

It's for the firearms dept, so all bobbys are wearing helmets. Normal day to day sikh officers aren't asking for bulletproof turbans

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sikh coppers request bulletproof turbans 22 database queries in 0.0889671 seconds