corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » championship next season

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author championship next season
Nath

User status: Offline
26th May 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then add up all the compo they've paid to the managers that have been and gone.

Makes us look like a sound business model.
Conway563

26th May 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
If those wage figures are correct, Newcastle have been GROSSLY mis-managed.

TBH some of them look a little low compared to a lot of things I've heard.

Like any fan I was sad to see us go down but I also think it's the best thing that could have happened to us. According to all the reports coming out today Shearer is set to offered a four year contract to stay on as manager but will only acceopt it if he is given the power to clear out whoever he wants. IMO this is exactly what the club has needed since the shambles that was the sacking of Sir Bobby.
The one thing the club needs is stability and it looks like Mike Ashley is finally realising that

On a selfish note at least I can get to a game locally next year
Hammer

26th May 09 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WBA have a wage cap of 25k a man apparently, if those figures are correct Viduka and Owen are earning more a week than West Brom's entire starting 11 and probably subs bench as well
Tommy L

26th May 09 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure how accurate those figures are but even if it's close, its ridiculous.

Hoping Shearer is confirmed as permanent manager.
Conway563

26th May 09 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some of the best news we could have got this week - http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1667147,00.html
Easily the best player we've had over the last 2 years
JonnyJ

26th May 09 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at them figures, not hard to see where it all went wrong. That is shocking mis-management, like Conway Joe says maybe this is for the best, a wake up call, looks like the bloody needed one!
Tommy L

26th May 09 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good news about Beye.
Nic Barnes

26th May 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_tomtom
Good news about Beye.

yeah. i think that bassong had some good games i thought. unsure what they pay him. all the games i seen him in apart from his red cards he seemed a good defender.

gutierez, had some brief moments, not worth the wages
owen - gtf doesnt care and never has for the club
martins - gtf never seen any player miss so many sitters in my life
viduka - just past it sadly.
barton - who is he?
colocini - load of shite but newcastle have never really had any good central defenders apart from woodgate in the last 10 years
xisco - who? what?
geremi - again dont understand the wages
duff - i like duff. he hasnt been the player he was at blackburn however which is a shame. i hope he stays.

infact players id like to stay......

harper - obviously cares, been there too long as a number 2 and is a decent keeper tbh
beye - i think he is a good player. glad to see he said he is staying
taylor - has potential to be better than he is. will learn a lot in championship and technically a geordie (yes born in london etc i know)
butt - experience says it all. be useful in championship.
duff - i tihnk he needs a chance.
ameobi - could be a belter of a player in the championship
guthrie - unsure about him really. not seen enough.

there are more i just cant think.
Tommy L

26th May 09 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Add Carroll to that list of staying. I think he definately has potential.
charcoalgrill

26th May 09 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a Bristol City fan, and the MRS is a Cardiff Fan, so get to support both, apart from when they play and its bristol city, bristol city fc!!

Championship isnt that bad, sometimes the games are better than premiership ones, and you dont get the woodwork fans that come out when they are only winning...

If your sick, think of us the past two seasons- bristol city dominated the final last season and one hull half chance was taken... this season Cardiff missed out on play offs by 1 goal, because they were dicked on by preston 6-0...

maybe im bias, but i dont see why everyone is saying Jason Scotland is amazing... McCormack scored the same amount of league goals whilst playing internationals in between, but Scotland scored quite a few penalties.. and McCormack isnt getting the praise he deserved.

Anywho, i personally think Middlesborough will dominate the prem next season like wolves did this season.
Rick Draper

26th May 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnesmartins - gtf never seen any player miss so many sitters in my life

I take exception at that comment, did you never see that twat Robbie Keane in a liverpool shirt!
fiestakidda

26th May 09 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jason Scotland and Jermaine Beckford would be my prefered partnership for Boro next year.

Charcoalgrill - I agree that McCormack was awesome this year and he did score a lot goals. But with this his value is flying up as well. Bit like Chopra 2 seasons ago, i'd like to see him in top flight football to see how he goes.

But yes i also would like Boro to sign him but the funds aren't there and i don't think Cardiff would be willing to sell.
Richie B

26th May 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The wage claims aren't right. The Mail has Bassong down as being on 30k a week, and he's on significantly less. Pretty certain Xisco isn't on 50k as reported too.

There's a lot of criticism of Xisco but I don't think he's ever really been given a fair crack of the whip. Has scored something like 6 in 6 for the reserves too and (I go to quite a few of them) you can tell he's above that level.
Carl

26th May 09 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I follow Barnsley, I wouldn't say support as I spend my weekends playing football and there are 100's of other things i'd rather spend my money on, but as I'm born and live in Barnsley and because Barnsley is such a shit town, i like the team to do well.
Matt H

26th May 09 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
I follow Barnsley, I wouldn't say support as I spend my weekends playing football and there are 100's of other things i'd rather spend my money on, but as I'm born and live in Barnsley and because Barnsley is such a shit town, i like the team to do well.

Same here with Donny, they've really come from nothing to being a decent team!
Carl

26th May 09 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barnsley have some decent players, I just don't think the manager can get the best out of them. He is inept, there are too many foreigners etc.

Anderson Da Silva is top draw, a top Championship player, possibly could cut it in Prem, if they can get Hammil down for a season he also has a lot of quality. The big German keeper is good although had a big rough patch this season. Foster the CB is a good championship player too. If Hume can make a successful return too and he doesn't play Campbell-Ryce in the middle they have the makings of a good footballing side. Also forgot The Argy Hugo Colace that is a solid player.

Always seem to be a team that can win the better sides and lose miserably against the not so good ones.
LukeD

26th May 09 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the Championship is an awesome league! Never really know what to expect as any team can beat whoever on any given day. plus probably 80% of the teams in the league think they have a chance of gaining promotion. Plus a lack of glory hunters and real fans which is good!

Boro wont have a chance to be fair, and can see them slipping down the table.

Newcastle, West Brom and Ipswich will be the ones to watch. with the outsiders being Sheff utd, Reading, Cardiff and Preston i feel.
Richie B

26th May 09 at 23:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Barnsley have some decent players, I just don't think the manager can get the best out of them. He is inept, there are too many foreigners etc.

And it's been announced today that he's staying!
Carl

27th May 09 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richie B
quote:

And it's been announced today that he's staying!

I know. Probably more to do with the fact that who do they get/who can they attract if they get shut! A bad start to the season and he'll be out I reckon.
saj_123

27th May 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fiestakidda
Leaving Boro will be:

Downing
Alves
Tuncay
Johnson
Bates
McMahon
Huth
Aliadiere
O'Neil
Arca
Shawky
Turnbull
and probably more than this as well.

Would like to see them buy:

Jason Scotland
Ferrie Bodde
Hahnemann
Gibson (man u on loan)
and then i don't know but there will be a few brought in

What are ur views on newcastle?

The thing with Middlesborough is that they have a VERY good youth system which produces some very good players, although they may not be good enough in the prem.

They could be quite good in the championship, although more importantly is the valuable expirence that they will gain from fighting and playing 2 or 3 games a week. Unlike the prem where 2 games a week is MAX.
fazza

30th May 09 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi im shaun and im a plymouth argyle fan

weve been tipped for relegation already

bastards!!!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » championship next season 23 database queries in 0.0187318 seconds