corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What do you eat for lunch (For people who work)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What do you eat for lunch (For people who work)
AndyKent

User status: Offline
10th Jun 09 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck me Paul, £12 per day in fuel

I make sandwiches at home, take a packet of crisps. Still usually go out for a walk at lunch and buy a chocolate bar or something.

Oh, and just drink water all day. Used to bring a can of fizzy stuff from home but that cost a fortune when you add it up so stopped that.
FAZ
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

home grown strawberries (as many as i can get in the tub!) apples, 2 wraps with fresh salad in and chicken and water to drink
Neo

10th Jun 09 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
Where is the fail though?

Thought you were at college doing travel and tourism

Paul said its a fail, because your just stating a random fact that has nothing to do with the original question ! How do you manage to eat 6 meals for lunch ? Quite clearly he wanted people in the same scenario not for someone to state a fact that is useless.

Not jumping the bandwagon, but i can see why you annoy so many people
Paul_J

10th Jun 09 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
Fuck me Paul, £12 per day in fuel

May be more than that

I need to fill my car every 3.5 days. (so 3 unless I plan on not returning from work).

Each time I fill I put about £40-£50 in ~ £11.50-£14 a day in fuel I need a diesel

P.S. Doyle the fail you are looking for, is your life.
Neo

10th Jun 09 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul thats a lot of money on fuel !! I fill up £35 a week but travel 400 plus miles. How many miles do you do ?

Your a skinny bugger anyway so you could do with some bulking

Best way unfortunately is to make sandwiches or rolls night before. Not great but its food. Old 2ltr bottle filled with squash mix is cheap too, and then try and change your driving style to be more economic. Also, if your sat for a long time at the times you go into work, can you opt to go in early and finish early, will mean you can take it at amore average economic speed than start stop
A2H GO

10th Jun 09 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Desk Job, was going to Subway, Local Pub etc for dinner everyday, spending £5-7 a day just on dinner and paying parking in town, petrol etc, not to mention it being unhealthy and gaining weight.

For the past few months ive been having a Jacket Potato with Tuna for dinner, with a banana and been filling up a 1.5 litre bottle of water in a morning that i bring in with me. Feel much better for it, look better and makes a massive difference to the wallet.
Danny P

10th Jun 09 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
That's the thing...

-Spending £3-£5 a day adds up
-The easy option is the unhealthy option
-The tasty option is the unhealthy option

I could probably allow it if it didn't cost me so much in petrol.

I think I worked out the other day that, EACH DAY costs me £12 in fuel going to and from work.

so add on £4 - £5 lunch = £17.

£17 x 5 days = 85,
* 52 = £4420 a year

Plus I noticed I've been gaining weight while working here (at a desk doing nothing all day), so I want to try to eat cheaper / healthier.

The problem with bringing in food from home is A ) keeping it fresh B ) I generally hate eating 'old food' from home. C ) practicability of (can I be bothered to make it before going to work... if done in batch, see A ).

Sounds like me when I first started working in the office. Only worked in JD Sports before so was always active running up and down ladders all day etc, then started here and stuck behind a desk for 80% of the day.

When I first started i'd go to McDonalds, KFC, Burger King nearly every day until I worked out how much it was costing me Used to be £30+ a week. Like you say it all adds up. Was also putting weight on an all.

Now I just put a snap box up every night before I go to bed. Takes 5 mins max. Couple of tea-cakes, bag of crisps, apple, yoghurt, and a can of pop. Stick it in't fridge and its still fresh in the morning.

I put all the money I saved in a jar an all and when you see it in front of you, you realise just how much you save. Once it gets to a decent amount I treat me sen to summat
Paul_J

10th Jun 09 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo

Paul thats a lot of money on fuel !! I fill up £35 a week but travel 400 plus miles. How many miles do you do ?

410 ish miles a week on the commute. ~ 41 miles each way. However, a lot of it is sitting in traffic on the m25.

S2000 does 250 to a tank normal, or 300 if I drive carefully
MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It varies. Some days I buy my lunch (£5-10) and other days I make sandwiches to bring in.

Of late I would say I bring food in more than I buy it.
pow
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 12:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£12 a day? Fuck me.

Lunch here is pretty good (flagship school for the area etc), I get anything I want for free and my belly is showing it unfortuatly!!!

New job will have to pay so I will start making some things at home
Paul_J

10th Jun 09 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Now I just put a snap box up every night before I go to bed. Takes 5 mins max. Couple of tea-cakes, bag of crisps, apple, yoghurt, and a can of pop. Stick it in't fridge and its still fresh in the morning.

This is the only thing also is that, I don't really like snacking. I find snacking rarely fills you up. If you feel hungry, eat something worth while (prerably with protein) to fill you up, so you're no longer hungry.

I've noticed alot of people in this thread talk about essentially taking a load of food to snack on all day.

I'd prefer, wake up - have breakfast, get to work - lunch time have a suitable lunch that fills me up and then eat dinner at 6:30-7 pm when i get home.

I'm gonna have a think about it, for a start I'm gonna buy bottles of drink in bulk from Lidl or something, keep them in the boot. Also maybe buy some crisps in bulk too and start preparing wraps to bring in or something.

The next issue is not getting bored of eating same thing every day.
pow
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My comute to work costs me £1 at the moment, it's due to go up to about £4 though
Ian W

10th Jun 09 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I take sandwichs, crisps and a couple of pieces of fruit. I work in the middle of no where so no choice really.

In my last job near the city center I was going out for lunch and spending £5 a day easy.
Paul_J

10th Jun 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
My comute to work costs me £1 at the moment, it's due to go up to about £4 though

technically I could work for 4k less and have same money in my bank if i worked closer to home hmm... dilema......
MarkM

10th Jun 09 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:

I'm gonna have a think about it, for a start I'm gonna buy bottles of drink in bulk from Lidl or something, keep them in the boot.

Surely that will add to your woeful fuel consumption?

My daily feed is:

Breakfast: Bowl of Muesli and 2 pieces of wholemeal toast.

Lunch:
(If I bring in) - Tuna sandwich, salad and an apple.

(If I buy it) - Tuna jacket potato, salad and an apple. Sometimes I will go to Tesco though and buy a seafood selection tray and eat that with a salad etc.

Tea: Varies. Can be healthy and be chicken breast cous cous and veg or can be unhealthy and be a chicken curry or something. All depends.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just spent nearly £5 on pasta for lunch
Daimo B

10th Jun 09 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I spent £8 yesterday.

10 slices of thick ham.
2 packets of plastic chicken, 1 BBQ, 1 flame grilled...
1 loaf of bread

Already got butter from previous weeks. Vitalite, 82p

That'll last me all week.

Get some fruit sometimes as well, and stock up on Baked Crisps when the do the deals.

Paul likewise... Went from a good wage to a pretty crappy wage.. But save so much on consumables. Tyres, not every 3 months, but every year, servicing, again, not 3 months, morelike 8 months, time saved going to and home from work etc...

[Edited on 10-06-2009 by VXR]
willay
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the time from home->work I envy the most, mine is 1hr door to door which isnt bad but it could be better.
Daimo B

10th Jun 09 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not bad really into the city. Bike used to take me 45 min-1.15 hours (depend on weather etc.

Get a bike. Won't save you anything, but u'll have a bike at the end of the year instead of a useless bit of card in your wallet...
willay
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah mate I take a train to work into Liverpool Street and walk the rest (15m). Not sure how I could fit a bike into the equation
pow
Premium Member

10th Jun 09 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work pay your travel expenses dont they Will?
Daimo B

10th Jun 09 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy, get up, get on it, ride all the way in.. Plenty of spaces round that area
Lynny

10th Jun 09 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I go to the gym on my lunch
C2RL R

10th Jun 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

naked?
Nismo

10th Jun 09 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tuna salad.

Tuna 70p
Bag of Tescos Salad £1.50 (lasts all week)

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » What do you eat for lunch (For people who work) 22 database queries in 0.1719971 seconds