corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Imagine being this guy..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Imagine being this guy..
DannyB
Premium Member

User status: Offline
13th Jun 09 at 16:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
how can anyone can say 2.2 million isn't retirement money?

Because you could spend 1-1.5mil before you even do anything, I don't know about you but I'd sort all my family out first which could be a lot, over 500k I'd imagine.
Ben G

13th Jun 09 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i'd give my family some money but you'd still have a million in the bank which you could invest and live off the interest.
Liam B

13th Jun 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd buy this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/modified-620-turbo-noz-engine-331-bhp_W0QQitemZ230348352569QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item35a1d4ec39&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3|66%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A25
JayCarr

13th Jun 09 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucky git! I'd love to win that much.

On a side note, i got id'd yesterday buying a lottery ticket im 23 and the legal age is 16 so he must have thought i looked 15 or something
A1EX

13th Jun 09 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got id'd once buying medicine :S
Ben G

13th Jun 09 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

must've been a brave lad id'ing a 7ft odd 23 year old
JayCarr

13th Jun 09 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
must've been a brave lad id'ing a 7ft odd 23 year old

I couldn't believe it. He goes '1985, erm yeah thats ok' too fucking right its ok
andyc1234

13th Jun 09 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flame-red
I'd buy this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/modified-620-turbo-noz-engine-331-bhp_W0QQitemZ230348352569QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomobiles_UK?hash=item35a1d4ec39&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A3|66%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A25

dats sick bla
Liam B

13th Jun 09 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

evo spoila yo
_Allan_

13th Jun 09 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be straight down to Carcraft and see how many Clios I could get
A1EX

13th Jun 09 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

244.4 re-occuring clios i think
Rob R

13th Jun 09 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't buy a house, just let the interest you'd be earning on 2.2million sat in the bank pay for the mortgage and god knows what else
Paul_J

13th Jun 09 at 21:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob R
I wouldn't buy a house, just let the interest you'd be earning on 2.2million sat in the bank pay for the mortgage and god knows what else

interest rate is shit at the moment tho. 0.1% on my savings ...

so 0.1% on 2.2 mil = £2200 a year interest gained

good luck living on that.

Pre credit crunch when it was around 4-5% it'd of worked nicely, £80,000-£100,000 in interest a year nice
Ian
Site Administrator

13th Jun 09 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check everyone trying to be his friend.
AndyKent

14th Jun 09 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:

Pre credit crunch when it was around 4-5% it'd of worked nicely, £80,000-£100,000 in interest a year nice

In a current account yes, but no one in their right mind would put 2.2 million in a current account
Even the crappy online e-saver accounts give 1% which has already increased interest to £22,000
All Torque

14th Jun 09 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You guys are overlooking some negative points though, the chap says he was hounded by The Sun newspaper and as a result hes had to go into hiding. They pestered his family, friends and even ex-wife of 8 years for details... thats not on.

Winning 2.2mil IS a good thing though, but what comes with it sounds like a right pain in the arse
DaveyLC

14th Jun 09 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where are the pages and pages of photos of the wonderful things that any normal human would buy with that sort of dosh?
Paul_J

14th Jun 09 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
quote:
quote:

In a current account yes, but no one in their right mind would put 2.2 million in a current account
Even the crappy online e-saver accounts give 1% which has already increased interest to £22,000

my online web saver only pays me 0.1%
Paul_J

14th Jun 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
You guys are overlooking some negative points though, the chap says he was hounded by The Sun newspaper and as a result hes had to go into hiding. They pestered his family, friends and even ex-wife of 8 years for details... thats not on.

Winning 2.2mil IS a good thing though, but what comes with it sounds like a right pain in the arse

that'll die down within weeks... He should've done what was suggested. Booked a flight to somewhere nice for 2 weeks and come back relaxed and ready to spend the money.

I think they key reason the press get involved is incase he's a murder / rapist / ex convict etc.

Nothing like a story of '2.2 million given to ex car thief' or 2.2 given to peado
Carl

14th Jun 09 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes you think though, if it was you that won and they came on here searching your posts etc, there would be some proper dodgy stuff, obviously said in jest but take out of context it could proper get you into trouble.
Nath

14th Jun 09 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
quote:
how can anyone can say 2.2 million isn't retirement money?

Because you could spend 1-1.5mil before you even do anything, I don't know about you but I'd sort all my family out first which could be a lot, over 500k I'd imagine.

You wouldn't spend over £1m if you were planning on retiring though. You could easily retire on it. Just don't go jet setting to Monaco every week!

I wouldn't retire on it personally. I like my job and it's low stress. So I'd sort out my family and friends, and buy a house for circa £800k. By 'sort out' I'd pay my parents mortgage, buy my Dad a car, and send them on a nice holiday. Then I'd buy my sister and her fella a modest house, or maybe half of it, set them on their way. Then my mates would get a cheque or a car.
Carl

14th Jun 09 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be easy to set yourself up for life.It's easier to make money when you have got it at relatively low risk.

I wouldn't go on holiday though asap as i'd be scared of the plane crashing before I got chance to spend any money!
Ojc

14th Jun 09 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
I wouldn't go on holiday though asap as i'd be scared of the plane crashing before I got chance to spend any money!

Good shout.

Even though the guy won 2.2 mill last week, yesterday he done a 3 gauge conversion on an Astra VXR

He is also going to reduce the price of his SMD & gauge conversion as he now has the capital to have the moulds made up in one big hit rather than him doing them individually.

What a top bloke.
ed

14th Jun 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't realise that the papers get so excited by people winning the lottery
ed

14th Jun 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
quote:
quote:

my online web saver only pays me 0.1%
But if you turned up to the bank saying you had 2.2million that needed keeping somewhere then you probably would use a different product to invest it. Like using some of it in low risk investments, and maybe putting some in something with some risk involved.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Imagine being this guy.. 22 database queries in 0.0156181 seconds