corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » sick note and going out

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sick note and going out
Colin

User status: Offline
29th Jun 09 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aim1
A girl at my work was off work for six weeks with stress. She managed a ten day holiday to Magaluf in that time

Bet the only thing that was stressed that 10 days was her anal passage!!
aim1

29th Jun 09 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fairness to the girl..it probably didn't touch the sides.
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I got into trouble for this once.

I had been signed off work all week after getting the mumps (not pleasent!!) & went to the shops on the Saturday during the day. My boss seen me but didnt come over. When I phoned in on the Monday to tell him my line had been extended he went mad & said he'd seen me out & about.

I told him to stop being a nob & to phone my gp & ask her what sort of light activities she had advised me to do while on the mend.

Trip to the shops for a few hours was my 1st time out the house in over a week & had been her idea!!

He was a proper cock though ha, I asked him when I went back why the hell he didnt come over & say hi & i'd have explained about my shopping trip to him there & then instead of him sneeking around like an idiot!!

No answer!!
i understand what your saying but the mumps is like something that makes you quite ill. I just struggle for breath and cant stop coughin
J da Silva

29th Jun 09 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

By what your writing in your defences, tells me two things, A) Your only ill when it involves doing something, B) Your understanding of Asthma/Bronchilitus is poor.

Asthma can just come upon you whenever, when you feel a tad breathless take your salbutamol (I expect you have an inhaler?)
That will relax the muscles in the lung wall until you need another few puffs of the inhaler.

So your off work on the sick, because your inability to squirt an inhaler into your respiratory tract maybe 5-10 times a day?
Just go out on the piss, there's no hope.
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
By what your writing in your defences, tells me two things, A) Your only ill when it involves doing something, B) Your understanding of Asthma/Bronchilitus is poor.

Asthma can just come upon you whenever, when you feel a tad breathless take your salbutamol (I expect you have an inhaler?)
That will relax the muscles in the lung wall until you need another few puffs of the inhaler.

So your off work on the sick, because your inability to squirt an inhaler into your respiratory tract maybe 5-10 times a day?
Just go out on the piss, there's no hope.

No i'm off work sick because i'm waking up four or five times a night needing my inhaler. I'm coughing up yellowy colour flem constantly and it hurts when i do.

And for the last time, i wouldn't go out on the piss cause i'm not well enough for that, i just want to go and say hello to my mate who i havent seen for ages, and he has only got two hours up here.
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 22:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B

No i'm off work sick because i'm waking up four or five times a night needing my inhaler. I'm coughing up yellowy colour flem constantly and it hurts when i do.

no offence at all, but i wake up 3-4 times a night and struggle to sleep because of my asthma. i go to work. only time i havent is when i was hospitalised a couple years ago.

if you think your well enough to go to a pub with your mates, then your easily well enough to go to work. if someone sees you out an about, and your signed off as you claim as you have trouble speaking, and your ina pub with your mates, youve not got a leg to stand on.

being signed off sick from work as your asthma is stopping you speaking then going to a pub with your mates is just simply a piss take in the eyes of the employer.

good luck with the dole.
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, but if your line of work is not having to communicate with people 8 hours a day it's slightly less mentally demanding surely which sleep deprevation will significantly effect.

I fully understand what your saying, but i only want to pop up and say hello.
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just wanted to know the law on it really but google isn't helping at all
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ok, but if your line of work is not having to communicate with people 8 hours a day it's slightly less mentally demanding surely which sleep deprevation will significantly effect.

I fully understand what your saying, but i only want to pop up and say hello.

my job is a delivery driver. so sleep deprevation really more than likely has a hell of a lot more significant effect on my daily work stuff than yours if all you do is asnwer telephones. i got to sleep this morning maybe around 5am. i was up at 7 for work. i communicate with people 10 hours a day as i work 8-6. i drive about 300 miles in that time also.

asthma wont stop me talking to people, or stop me doing my job. neither will my borderline insomnia caused by panic that my asthma will put me in hospital again. im worried about it, but its never stopped me going to work apart from when i had to go in an ambulance to hospital.

there are millions of people who would be greatful for your job. let them have it instead of pretending to be sick.
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id like to mention in not trying to be a wanker, im just expressing my views personally on it.
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have to constantly stop people from cancelling all day, get shouted at and general shit all day. so not just answering the phone and having to communicate. having to stay calm constantly is very difficult when i'm 100%
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only other way to view it is your the employer. you have some kid off on the sick with asthma saying its stopping him doing his job as he cant talk to people all day and is waking up 3-4 times a night with it. so cant come to work

then you see this kid in a pub with his mates.

what would you assume about that person being off sick?

if your well enough to go to a pub with your mates, your easily well enough to work. (excluding being off with broken legs and other such stuff)
taylorboosh

29th Jun 09 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nics owned you tbh
ssj_kakarot

29th Jun 09 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he asked if he would get into trouble if someone seen him when hes put a sick note in, he didnt ask what every one thought about people taking time off work when perhaps they could go in and perform there job, thats two different subjects.

common sense time, if someone see's you and tells your boss your obviously going to get bolloked off him/her, however, i dont think they would take it further as you had a sick note in and there not a doctor, so its not up to them to tell you how to live your life when your on the sick. they could perhaps send you to an occupational doctor but if its only a week they wouldnt bother, worse case scenario they hate you for a while.

Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I understand what your saying, but it's not just asthma, i wrote the first thread on my phone so was brief. i went back to work as i've all ready been off for it last week and my manager said i look worse than when i was first off and actually sent me to the doctors.

Going and saying hello to someone, and speaking for 8 hours constantly to irate customers is slightly more demanding vocally
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I have to constantly stop people from cancelling all day, get shouted at and general shit all day. so not just answering the phone and having to communicate. having to stay calm constantly is very difficult when i'm 100%

say i fall asleep at the wheel, or had an asthma attack while driving........................
ssj_kakarot

29th Jun 09 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:

say i fall asleep at the wheel, or had an asthma attack while driving........................

thats just giving reason why you should stay off when you dont get sleep though isnt it? kind of backing his point up?
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes i see your point, but that's a different thing all together. You could be signed off because of that, but still get someone to drive you to the pub to say hello to a mate... ? yes?
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ssj_kakarot
common sense time, if someone see's you and tells your boss your obviously going to get bolloked off him/her, however, i dont think they would take it further as you had a sick note in and there not a doctor, so its not up to them to tell you how to live your life when your on the sick.

correct. but if your signed off as you have asthma troubles. the last place you want to be is a dusty pub. thats common sense.

theyre not a doctor. but common sense being the word, your well enough to go to a pub while claimng to be off with asthma, your well enough to work.
Rob B

29th Jun 09 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nic, your not reading what i put, it's not just asthma, it's a variety of things. I mean for one, if i wasn't that ill i wouldnt of paid over 50 quid in prescriptions over the past two weeks, or gone to the hospital saturday night cause i was that bad, after staying at work all day even though i felt terrible.
jacko198

29th Jun 09 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone the docs, ask him. then you have him to back you up if it all goes wrong!
ssj_kakarot

29th Jun 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
common sense time, if someone see's you and tells your boss your obviously going to get bolloked off him/her, however, i dont think they would take it further as you had a sick note in and there not a doctor, so its not up to them to tell you how to live your life when your on the sick.

correct. but if your signed off as you have asthma troubles. the last place you want to be is a dusty pub. thats common sense.

theyre not a doctor. but common sense being the word, your well enough to go to a pub while claimng to be off with asthma, your well enough to work.

but your just presuming hes not that sick, seriously popping into a pub for half an hour having a coke and going home isnt that much of hard task for a sick person to cope with.

working 8 hours on the phones is quite bad when your ill, i know this from previous experience as ive worked in a call centre before, although im of the train of thought if you can move you can go to work, but still going to a pub for a bit wont kill him.
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 23:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Nic, your not reading what i put, it's not just asthma, it's a variety of things. I mean for one, if i wasn't that ill i wouldnt of paid over 50 quid in prescriptions over the past two weeks, or gone to the hospital saturday night cause i was that bad, after staying at work all day even though i felt terrible.

i dont know. i just think being signed off sick means something else to me. means your unable to work. which involves talking and dealing with people. which your more than happy to go and do in a pub but wonder if you'd get in trouble.

if you have doubts about getting into bother, then you already know you'd be in for it off the gaffer already if someone catches you. and for that alone, id invite your mates round your bit for a few cans instead. nobody can get you in trouble for not leaving the house.
Nic Barnes

29th Jun 09 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

but your just presuming hes not that sick, seriously popping into a pub for half an hour having a coke and going home isnt that much of hard task for a sick person to cope with.

to an employer thats a piss take. no matter which way you look at it.
John

29th Jun 09 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread needs massive amounts of man the fuck up.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » sick note and going out 22 database queries in 0.0226359 seconds