corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nottingham

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nottingham
Tommy L

User status: Offline
9th Jul 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nottingham aka Shottingham.

Really good night out. Loads of bars and clubs.

As for the ratio of 4 girls to 1 boy, i think its a myth tbh but i would say it was 50/50 there maybe more girls.

But definately go to Gatecrasher. That was the best club we went into. I think it is pretty big as well, can't really remember
N16K

9th Jul 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never been, no help to you here. Sorry.
richc

9th Jul 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not sure, but gatecrasher was still shut a few weeks back (there was a fire at the restraut next door)

If you like 'bopping' with your 'home boys' then go in halo

The lloyds at the top of hockley is awesome. £2.29 for double sailor jerrys and coke

I would start down waterfront (cheep weatherspoons but still quiet classy), then nead up towards hockley/lacemarket for some very expensive/exclusive bars, and then onto a club
Craig P

9th Jul 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im currently here now,And have been coming here every so often for the last 3 Years (College) And i think it is the biggest Shithole ever to Live/Stay,Visit Etc Etc.
The Night Life isnt all that Good and it's full of wanker's.Also all this about the Men to Women Ratio is a load of Shit as it has never happened to me (Although this could be down to me) But nor have i ever seen it.

This is just of course my personal Opinion.This is my Last Week down here and im so pleased to never return.

[Edited on 09-07-2009 by Craig P]
mattfiesta

9th Jul 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ratio of girls to lads doesn't mean shit, you still have to make a move, they aint going to jump on you like you're the last man on earth.
alan t

9th Jul 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

used to go down there for college to a place called long eaton i think it was. went into nottingham a few times for a drink but it was nothing special. i certainly wouldnt hurry back to it
richc

9th Jul 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nottz is badz
Mase
Premium Member

9th Jul 09 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been to Nottingham a fair few times and its ok in the city centre, its not a bad night out really.... the police have cracked down on any trouble that i've seen when down there and haven't really felt particularly threatened... Also i disagree with that poll about Sheffield being number 1!! I've lived there for the last 4 years and have never had any probs, sure there are rougher areas, but surely these alone can't make it number 1.... anyway that my 2p's worth!

Mase
mwg

10th Jul 09 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asked my mate that lived in Nottingham for a couple of years and he said a place called Oceana is the place to go towards the end of the night

http://www.oceanaclubs.com/nottingham/club/
Seegeemusic

10th Jul 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye not a bad club like. Stealth is another decent club to go to.
noshua

10th Jul 09 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Craig P
Im currently here now,And have been coming here every so often for the last 3 Years (College) And i think it is the biggest Shithole ever to Live/Stay,Visit Etc Etc.
The Night Life isnt all that Good and it's full of wanker's.Also all this about the Men to Women Ratio is a load of Shit as it has never happened to me (Although this could be down to me) But nor have i ever seen it.

This is just of course my personal Opinion.This is my Last Week down here and im so pleased to never return.

what's with all the random capital letters?
Nath

10th Jul 09 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We went to Oceana. Was good.
Craig P

10th Jul 09 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
quote:
Originally posted by Craig P

what's with all the random capital letters?

I dont know really,Think its looks neater

To follow on from my above statement,I went out Last night (Uptown) And it was actually not a bad night.No trouble,Cheap Drink,Good Laugh.No Women though

We went to Dogma,Ociarna (sp) Horn in the Hand,And they wernt bad.This was on a Student Night though so i wouldnt of went to Dogma & Horn in the Hand if it was a Weekend.

There is deffo better City's out there though.
mwg

12th Jul 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just got back.

Had a brilliant day and night...

We put bets on as a group and won £230 all in so that paid for our tea at a restaurant and a few rounds of drinks!

Ended up in Oceana, it was really good. Was downstairs on the 70s disco style bit to start with. A fella dressed up in Michael Jackson Thriller outfit turned up so the DJ put on Thriller followed by Billie Jean and it went mental!

Then spent the rest of the night in the dance room. They played all the good dance tunes from about 1998 to 2003, was like they knew exactly what my favourite music was. What a night!
noshua

12th Jul 09 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds good! Seems all the MJ impersonations are coming out now that he's dead, had loads of people telling me that they've seen/heard about them.
CorsaSport14

12th Jul 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I gotta go up there tonight for a week long course for work i hate it its a fucking shit hole. Full of wanabe gangsters and idiots ugh i wana stay homeeeee
mwg

12th Jul 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did feel slightly worried when I was walking back to the hotel at 3am, lots of people skulking roundin alleys.

The MJ guy could actually dance pretty well, knew all the moves to Thriller. I wasn't a massive MJ fan but last night with him there, the music and that atmosphere it was just awesome.
taylorboosh

12th Jul 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i picked the gfs wheel up there, its a shit hole with confusing roads
mwg

13th Jul 09 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't really have much of a hangover yesterday but its kicked in now I'm back at work. Oh joy
mk4_astra

13th Jul 09 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive been going out in nottingham the past 3 years due to mates at uni there and the knife/gun crime is soooo overhyped

its like any other city, you get your good and bad areas and fights outside pubs etc. there are plenty of bars and a few decent clubs, plenty of crumpet about aswell

over the years i have stayed at various parts of the city including the meadows and never had any problems, that includes wandering about on my own at 3am(granted not very wise in the meadows).

just go up there and enjoy it mate, ok its not the prettiest city in places but your not moving there so who cares
antnee

13th Jul 09 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The whole shootings thing is just a joke, I usually say it when people ask!

Good job you didn't go in Halo, its the chavviest place in nottingham, if theres any trouble in town its always by Halo! Gatecrasher is still closed (been closed since feb/march time) something to do with insurance fraud!

Ive found that its a bit of a sausage fest most nights, the whole 4-1 ratio thing is bollocks! Where abouts did you stay?
mwg

13th Jul 09 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes it was total bollocks about the male to female ratio. There was no more lasses about than anywhere else I've been. They weren't shy though

Stayed at the Strathdon Hotel. Basic but was actually better than a Travelodge!
antnee

13th Jul 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So what places did you go?

Our usual nights are Llyods water front, the BZR (by the castle), then oceana (if its a thursday)
Dione J

13th Jul 09 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you had a good time Matty, I was down in Notts a couple of weeks ago for Nottingham Carnival
mwg

13th Jul 09 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fat Cat, Wetherspoons and for some really strange reason whilst looking for Lloyds we ended up in Pit & Pendulum (think thats what its called?) OMFG weird doesn't cover it

Then went somewhere else I cant remember and finished up in Oceana.

Yeah did have a great time thanks Dione!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nottingham 23 database queries in 0.0350070 seconds