corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Taking out a loan

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Taking out a loan
will_doyle
Banned

User status: Offline
25th Jul 09 at 10:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
I don't think they'd lend you anything knowing that you spend the majority of your pocket money on fake jeans, Doyles.

Brilliant.
DC90

25th Jul 09 at 10:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok now for a serious reply . Do you really want to be stuck with a loan for 5 years? No doubt you will have a better job and so on in 5 years time, but what about over the next couple of years? Knowing you have to constantly put money to one side every month. Means less cash for going out/clothes and so on. Have a serious think about it before you do it, you may regret it a year down the line knowing you could have saved and been a grand better off. If you honestly think you can comfortably pay off the loan and you don't mind paying 5k for 4k then go for it.
will_doyle
Banned

25th Jul 09 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can happily save the 100 a month for paying off the loan.

Its just I hope petrol etc wont cost me a bomb

ill prob be making a thread soon about Insurance . lol
kz

25th Jul 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would personally never get another loan to pay for anything car related, but I've been there and done that, a few times!

People told me not too, didn't listen... just as you wont you need to find out for yourself that loans are evil lol.

Good luck anyway!
Tom G

25th Jul 09 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I couldn't get a loan when i tryed in January, even though i had been in full time work for nearly 12 months and on 14K
will_doyle
Banned

25th Jul 09 at 11:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
I couldn't get a loan when i tryed in January, even though i had been in full time work for nearly 12 months and on 14K

Why not?
lol

How much you ask to borrow?

£10,000,000?
DizzyRebel

25th Jul 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£400 a month means you cant afford to run a car. You especially cant afford to pay the loan back and run a car too.

Realistically your going to use £50 a week in fuel which leaves you with £50 a month to yourself... hardly a lot of money.

Save up, buy a shitter to get you mobile like a 1.2 merit for £300 then pay monthly on the insurance. a 4k loan will just fuck you over and you will end up in debt for a very long time.
noshua

25th Jul 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to buy a car, afford to pay insurance, tax ,mot, services, petrol and still go out on £84 a week, no reason you can't do the same.

My insurance was £1,500 and I was brimming the tank (corsa) every week, manage to survive on £15-£20 now though.

Wait longer and save £500-£700, buy a car and set the deposit down for your insurance.

[Edited on 25-07-2009 by noshua]
John

25th Jul 09 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
Realistically your going to use £50 a week in fuel which leaves you with £50 a month to yourself... hardly a lot of money.

where do you pull these figures from

I use £50 a fortnight on fuel and I do 50 miles a day for work.
will_doyle
Banned

25th Jul 09 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want a 1.4 corsa sport

petrol on that?
Tom G

25th Jul 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
quote:

Why not?
lol

£10,000,000?

Yes, I tryed to borrow 10 million

No it was 6K, God knows why?? I just got my car on finance instead
will_doyle
Banned

25th Jul 09 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle
quote:

Why not?
lol

£10,000,000?

Yes, I tryed to borrow 10 million

No it was 6K, God knows why?? I just got my car on finance instead

oh
lwigmore

25th Jul 09 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You sir are an idiot
Tomnova16
Premium Member

25th Jul 09 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously wait for a few months, each month put the amount you reckon you would spend on the loan, insurance petrol etc in a savings account when you get paid each month and see if you can survive on the money left over, you'll have a nice amount after a few months, i dont think anyone would consider a loan for under 5k unless it was absolutly nessacery, you could get a credit card and keep doing balance transfers onto new cards until you pay it off, id rather just work my ass off and save instead of beieng stuck in a loan

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
DizzyRebel

25th Jul 09 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

There you go, he wants a 1.4 sport... ive had a 1.4 tigra, drove 40 miles a day to work and back plus used the car at night to see mates, g/f, gym etc and easily used £10-£15 a day. My figures are sound.
will_doyle
Banned

25th Jul 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:

There you go, he wants a 1.4 sport... ive had a 1.4 tigra, drove 40 miles a day to work and back plus used the car at night to see mates, g/f, gym etc and easily used £10-£15 a day. My figures are sound.

DizzyRebel

25th Jul 09 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your going to use £50 a week in fuel, esp if you havnt had a car for a while you drive everywhere and just do laps of town for the fun of it. Seriously on £400 a month you wont be able to afford it all.

Loan: £100
Phone : £50
Fuel: £200

Leaves you with £50 a month for yourself, whichis what a new tshirt and a night at the pub with your mates? then what happens when the car needs taxing again, mot, new tires or it breaks down and needs repairs of some description? You wont have the funds to pay to repair it and will end up getting a credit card out to pay for the repairs which will only get you further in debt.

Trust me ive been there and done it, the best thing you can do is just save up and buy a £300 shitter to get you mobile and pay monthly on your insurance. At least that way you owe nothing out and have a bit of levy to either save to upgrade or save incase of any repairs etc that might be needed.
will_doyle
Banned

25th Jul 09 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not buying a shit car

for the next 2 months I will be earning £500 a month

and remember I hope to get £4000 from bank..

so £1500 on car.. Might get a cheaper.

and not sure what I am doing about insurance.
DizzyRebel

25th Jul 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£500 a month is still fuck all and not enough to live off with a £4000 loan round your neck.

Live beyond your means if you wish, but you will come unstuck, have to sell the car as you cant afford to keep it anymore as you are behind on the repayments etc and end up £4000 worse off with nothing to show for it. Whats the apr on your loan too? 20%? 30%?

You cant afford it and thats the bottom line, if you have to borrow the money then you cant afford to buy it in the first place. Wait till your in full time work otherwise you are just going to shoot yourself in the foot.

We have all been there and done it, i used to earn double your wages at 19 and even then it was still hard to run a corsa gsi, insure it, pay my phonebill and credit card etc. so fuck knows how you will do it on £400 a month.

Do yourself a favour and save up and buy a shitter instead of helping bring our country further into economic meltdown.
will_doyle
Banned

25th Jul 09 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
£500 a month is still fuck all and not enough to live off with a £4000 loan round your neck.

Live beyond your means if you wish, but you will come unstuck, have to sell the car as you cant afford to keep it anymore as you are behind on the repayments etc and end up £4000 worse off with nothing to show for it. Whats the apr on your loan too? 20%? 30%?

You cant afford it and thats the bottom line, if you have to borrow the money then you cant afford to buy it in the first place. Wait till your in full time work otherwise you are just going to shoot yourself in the foot.

We have all been there and done it, i used to earn double your wages at 19 and even then it was still hard to run a corsa gsi, insure it, pay my phonebill and credit card etc. so fuck knows how you will do it on £400 a month.

Do yourself a favour and save up and buy a shitter instead of helping bring our country further into economic meltdown.

16%

you found it hard to run your GSI on £900 a month?

Remember I dont pay rent or buy food.

or did you already know that.
Ian W

25th Jul 09 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting a 4k loan at your age to buy what will essentially be a basic car (probably) is a bad idea.

Just save up £500 and buy a car, plenty of nice cars out there if you look.

What car do you want?
will_doyle
Banned

25th Jul 09 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian W
Getting a 4k loan at your age to buy what will essentially be a basic car (probably) is a bad idea.

Just save up £500 and buy a car, plenty of nice cars out there if you look.

What car do you want?

There is only one car I want.

I have wanted it for ages

lol

Its only a 1.4 corsa sport (black)
Ian W

25th Jul 09 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seriously, don't get a loan for a Corsa, there an old car which are worth fuck all.

Just save up.

I can bet everyone telling you to not get a loan has done it and regretted it, myself included. Bad idea.
DizzyRebel

25th Jul 09 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt pay rent or buy food, i just lived a normal life.

Here was my breakdown:

Insurance: £100 a month
Credit card: £50 a month
Phone bill: £50 a month
Fuel: £200 a month

Then ontop of that id buy clothes, go out once or twice a month, days out with the mrs, keeping ontop of maintenance on the car as well as tax and mot it soon adds up and very rarely did i make it to the of the month with more than a few coins in my ashtray.

Once you get a car you never have any money for anything else and its true im afraid! No ones preaching to you, were all giving you sound advice... Its upto you if you take it or not!
Colin

25th Jul 09 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get a 1.4 sri for 500 quid surely

Id strongly advise against a loan if I were you.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Taking out a loan 23 database queries in 0.0156951 seconds