corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work "Colleagues"

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Work "Colleagues"
Liam B

User status: Offline
29th Jul 09 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, i dont put as much effort in at work as i should. But i get on extremely well with everyone so they make sure i've always got something to do. Theres one lad that absolutely hates my guts though, doesn't like it that i have a laugh with everyone i think
Bonney

29th Jul 09 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a few where I work. Theres one lad who really stinks of BO, And I mean stinks. You can smell him coming from the other end of the factory.

Theres another lad who thinks he is better than everyone and everything belongs to him. He takes things that don't belong to him them sticks them in his tool box and starts to complain that hes leg is hurting (He broke it 2 years ago) then goes on the sick for a few days with things locked in his box. Also he is the most arrogant person you can meet.

Then theres the big fat bloke who is the dirtyest person in the place, Crap all over his bench, wears ripped uniform that is hardly washed and is in desperate need of a haircut, You can actually see the grease in his hair!He also is the most accident prone and can't do anything right. Garunteed that he will cut himself everyday.

Then theres the managers who havent got a clue whats going on, And seem to keep secrets from everyone.
Colin

29th Jul 09 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work with 2 old shool teesiders doing 14 12hr shifts without a rest - they are a bit hard work so ive got to make a huge effort to get along with them.

One of them is into cars so can chat about that however anything built this side of 1980 is shit according to him & the best car ever made is his lotus elan or whatever it is. Repeatedly tells me M3's are shit on a daily basis. I just smile

Lucky im moving away from 1st line maintenance onto op's in a year or so or so.....that keeps me chilled
nathy_87

29th Jul 09 at 18:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes the gobby receptionist :mad
Mad Moe

29th Jul 09 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa - gus

The last three contractors I have inherited from him have all had payments made on account to the value of what they are claiming, however as usual with things like this, after site measures they have been grossly over claiming which means we are technically well out of pocket and they could turn round and fuck off quite happily with a healthy profit after only a couple of months

Do you not have your subcontractors tied up with a JCT or NEC form of Contract?
CorsAsh

29th Jul 09 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
The first is a short, fat, angry ginger scot who is useless at everything and good at nothing. Talks to himself constantly, I have a running commentary of his entire life from when he's going to lunch to when he needs the toilet.
He bought his "special" chair to work as our's weren't good enough for his bad back! A bad back which saw hime have 3 month off at his last job. yet he plays golf twice a week and thai boxes twice a week.

Don't you have a probation period? We have 6 months, if someone's incapable or otherwise unsuitable they get 2 weeks notice.
sxibeast

29th Jul 09 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work with some absolutely fantastic people, all bar 1!

Theres 7 of us in the workshop (inc the manager), but theres one guy who does absolutely nothing! He started at the same time as me as an apprentice, but i went on to HNC and further educational courses courtesy of work. He did nothing, and took 7 years to complete a 4 year apprenticeship. So far for the past 3 years, he comes in, goes on the internet for an hour, disappears for an hour, might re-appear just before tea break before disappearing for another 30-45 mins!

Found out today he has now been promoted to the same grade i am at through maning and saying its not fair that i should be 'above' him. It turns out he also somehow convinced management that he should get it as he finished his apprenticeship so quickly....3 years after i finished!

Management wont do anything as the paperwork to start to sort him out and get him in line and doing work will take about 6 months with all the monitoring etc, and they cant be arsed with it! He is also one of these people who walks around telling people hes in charge and acts all important! The trouble is, my place is Government, and they cant just seem to sack someone cos they are crap!

rant over for today!
Carl

29th Jul 09 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MY boss, she is the project manager, i'm the project worker, the otherday I got a warning about being arguementative, now I can't say fuck all back to her without the fear of being "arguementative"
Jake

29th Jul 09 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
I work with some absolutely fantastic people, all bar 1!

Theres 7 of us in the workshop (inc the manager), but theres one guy who does absolutely nothing! He started at the same time as me as an apprentice, but i went on to HNC and further educational courses courtesy of work. He did nothing, and took 7 years to complete a 4 year apprenticeship. So far for the past 3 years, he comes in, goes on the internet for an hour, disappears for an hour, might re-appear just before tea break before disappearing for another 30-45 mins!

Found out today he has now been promoted to the same grade i am at through maning and saying its not fair that i should be 'above' him. It turns out he also somehow convinced management that he should get it as he finished his apprenticeship so quickly....3 years after i finished!

Management wont do anything as the paperwork to start to sort him out and get him in line and doing work will take about 6 months with all the monitoring etc, and they cant be arsed with it! He is also one of these people who walks around telling people hes in charge and acts all important! The trouble is, my place is Government, and they cant just seem to sack someone cos they are crap!

rant over for today!

i thought you were telling us you work at all bar one, then couldnt really understand the rest of the paragraph

[Edited on 29-07-2009 by jake]
corsa-sxi

30th Jul 09 at 00:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work in an office sales one side/ marketing another, office politic people with massive egos and talk as if they are gods are the norms

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Work "Colleagues" 22 database queries in 0.0728030 seconds