corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Biker signals?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Biker signals?
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
5th Aug 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
Aye its probably coz i move in when i see them coming in both directions

That will be why then
radicalry00

5th Aug 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Yeah, the nod is to my right, not forwards

I've always wondered why this is? When I first passed my test I just nodded forwards but now I do the sideways nod.

I must say though, once you pass your test and get a proper bike it is a brilliant feeling to be acknowledged by other fellow bikers. It's great to be part of the "family" and every single biker I have spoken to so far has been sound and extra friendly. Much better than cage driving in every single way. (Apart from in the rain )

[Edited on 05-08-2009 by radicalry00]
Daimo B

5th Aug 09 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With age comes wisdom Welcome to the force, the true force.
Daimo B

5th Aug 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
I dont nod at peds come to think of it, I dont like to encourage these people to carry on riding round in shorts, t shirts and sandals. Saw a guy in the rain like it the other day, leaning like anything into the corners, he deserved to fall off and take his skin with him tbh for riding like a dick

I usually pull up next to them, whilst they are revving their hairdryers acting all pimp.

I literally, "LOL" for real at them, shake my head. If they ask why or give some attitude, I don't give it back.

I just ask them if they know that skin burns an inch per second on concrete, then ask what happens if they fall and what they stick out first. then watch their face go a little white, and I ride off

Don't mind scooter riders when you can see they have their head switched on, but chavs in vests and flippers deserved to be kicked of the plastic vibrators they are riding.
sand-eel

5th Aug 09 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe the guy was looking at his speedo?
CAGER
dannymccann

5th Aug 09 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by am4nf
Annoying thing about bikes sometimes is they overtake you in traffic or small towns on b roads and then go feckin slow as

I always feel like a tit when i overtake a bike as i know they could easily not let me past

Chances are if they are going slow enough for you to pass in a car then they wont be looking to make you feel a tit, they are just out for a relaxing ride ORRRRR, they could be on something that looks and sounds fast (to a car driver with no interest in bikes, a CBR125 with a big exhaust looks / sounds like any proper bike) but wont be able to achieve much past 60
am4nf

6th Aug 09 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can tell the difference in bikes, but it still bugs me when they do that
Daimo B

6th Aug 09 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bikes are designed to filter.

Why sit in traffic, that just screams stupiditty.

God if I didn't filter into London, i reckon its a 2-3 hour trip... If not more.
richc

6th Aug 09 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny boy whats up with your bike?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Biker signals? 22 database queries in 0.0116079 seconds