corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A bit less privacy in the u2u system, thoughts please

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author A bit less privacy in the u2u system, thoughts please
J da Silva

User status: Offline
9th Aug 09 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Had a few requests to improve the amount of information that is available via the u2u system. Some of the requests include -

Being able to see how many unread u2us someone has.

Being notified when someone reads a u2u.

Being notified when someone deletes a u2u.

This has mainly come about because of people ignoring messages during problem trade sales. It's not difficult to program it so I was going to have a go. Just thought I would run it public first to see if there are any objections or further ideas before I make any changes.

All of the above are completely pointless...

If your experiencing problems with a trader, for example let's say they owe you money, wether you know they've read it or not, or deleted it, you still haven't got your money. Also I delete my u2u's sometimes because when my inbox gets full or nearly full I find it hard access the old u2u's I really want to see and not just a bunch of u2u's that cosmo sends telling me he's fingered my sisters.

I don't want shitloads of messages, telling me about messages.
gavin18787
Premium Member

9th Aug 09 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant see any downside of it so I would say go with it.

On another forum I use you have an outbox where stuff stays until its read. which works well imo

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Aug 09 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll make it so you can avoid the notifications if you don't want them.
Limecat
Banned

9th Aug 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only really see the point in the notification for when someone reads it TBH and even then I wouldn't be fussed unless it was a trading issue?
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Aug 09 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the main reason for doing it.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Aug 09 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it not be easier to make it just so you can view if they have been read should someone ask you to?
Limecat
Banned

9th Aug 09 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
That's the main reason for doing it.

Yeah I realise that but I don't see how the number of PM's and if they delete something is relevant? Maybe it's just me?

It is good that you are looking at ways to advance the forum. Too many admin on other sites sit on their arse and just use the site as an ego trip.

Callum

9th Aug 09 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes please! I keep getting ignored after buying a set of mirrors
Ian
Site Administrator

9th Aug 09 at 19:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would just be an indicator as to whether someone is deliberately ignoring you. If you u2u them and they delete it without replying, you know you need to resort to other methods, inform me, whatever.

I would rather give people access to this information than look it up myself.
Daveskater
Premium Member

9th Aug 09 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds spot on to me. Seeing how many unread messages someone has will let you know if they've cleared off completely or whatever.

I say go for it

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
DamoC

9th Aug 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very good idear

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » A bit less privacy in the u2u system, thoughts please 23 database queries in 0.0129621 seconds