corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who enjoys their job, and what do you do?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who enjoys their job, and what do you do?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Aug 09 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£45 aint bad really !!
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Estate Agent - Love it

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Sam
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm self employed, and work from home.
Aaron

26th Aug 09 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT Manager

Love it (most of the time)
Conway563

26th Aug 09 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a change manager. It's not great but it pays the bills and I'm good at it.
Starting to move into service management now though as will be on at least double what I am now within 2 years
Colin

26th Aug 09 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work upstream in maintenance for one of the major oil companies.

Incentives :

Brilliant development plan, monies no object if you wast to further your skills.
No two days are the same, always different shit going on & plenty to see and do.
Mostly good like minded people I work with.
31 weeks holiday a year. (Sometimes works out more, between july, aug and sept i'll only have worked 2 weeks!!).
Good rates of pay.
Final salary pension.
Shares.

Only bad things are working away from home 2 weeks at a time & sometimes the weathers not the best.

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by Colin]
corsasriboy

26th Aug 09 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

started my own business doing the job i got made redundant from, starting to realise its not realy what i want to do, so im going back to college to train to be a gym instructor and onto be personal trainer. cant wait!
Ben J

26th Aug 09 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work as an Event Operations Manager for Marriott Hotel Company

Currently working at the Renaissance Manchester Hotel

Some days love my job, some days hate it.

Salary is shit but benefits/package is great.

Done 2 years hard graft making a name for myself within the company in North West so now ready for next role/promotion at a nice Marriott Country Club in the area. Just waiting for the position to become available!

Should add £8-9k onto my salary if not more.
Cosmo

26th Aug 09 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Company director, but my main roles are payroll, accounts, marketing, general looking after the shops and handling 90% of the day questions they all have that arent product specific (so any order/supplier problems, price matching, offers, etc. come to me).

In general I like it, its not extremely hard work 90% of the time, but I'll get a lot busier towards the end of the month when payroll and invoice payments are all due. Add in quarterly VAT and thats my busiest time and it is a massive job for one person. Get to work from home too so no pissing about driving anywhere in the mornings, but tend to go round the shops once or twice a week so out a fair bit too. My own boss so no stupid fuckwhit trying to tell me what to do.

Bad points - can get boring sometimes, more the fact that I work on my own most of the time rather than the work itself.

The job is a means to an end for me. I'll always be involved in it why we own it, but Im learning about running my own business and getting good experience in that - I'll eventually hand over most my roles to other people and free up my own time to set up my own ideas.

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by Cosmo]
willay
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo has no friends.
Cosmo

26th Aug 09 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
Cosmo has no friends.

You said you were my friend
willay
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 09:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No mate, since you have been sucking off jsilva in most threads and shown you're true feelings I'm not too sure we can be friends anymore.
Gareth F

26th Aug 09 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saaaad
Cosmo

26th Aug 09 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
No mate, since you have been sucking off jsilva in most threads and shown you're true feelings I'm not too sure we can be friends anymore.

but but but...
Kano

26th Aug 09 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a Roadside breakdown mechanic/driver. Also do accident recoveries. Main contract is for Green Flag so works pretty steady..

Enjoy it 95% of the time as I just work from home, boss sends me a text when a job comes in and thats all I hear from them.

Some days can be really bad if its busy but hardly ever out all day.
Ojc

26th Aug 09 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sales Development Consultant for Royal London/Pearl/Resolution/Banco Santander/Abbey/Scot Prov.

I'm the Mi analyst for the department and nobody else can do my job so I'm quite lucky in that respect. I've worked here for 10 years this week, do I enjoy it? Put it this way, it could be a LOT worse so yes I'm grateful of what I have.
Daimo B

26th Aug 09 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IT and no I don't.

I would like to own my own exotic bike business.

Or something like a scientist, going out doing studies on nature, spending months in strange countries living in a tent.

Or an architect, designing buildings, working on large construction sites etc. I think that would be fun, but quite hard work.

Or a TV Camera man, just for the locations they go to and the danger they get into. Looks great fun

[Edited on 26-08-2009 by VXR]
Daimo B

26th Aug 09 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Sales Development Consultant for Royal London/Pearl/Resolution/Banco Santander/Abbey/Scot Prov.

I got shares in Santander, they keep offering me more, should I buy them seeing as the markets low at the moment?
RichR
Premium Member

26th Aug 09 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently I'm Naval Architect / Design office Manager for the DELTA Power Group - a title given rather than earned. Everyone else left and I was the only one left so I manage the department.

I enjoy the job 30% of the time; seeing a boat go out the door and the sea trials and testing are really good; the bullshit paperwork and dealing with customers/suppliers/surveyors can be a real nightmare. I get on with most people here although I have one cock working for me in Purchasing at the minute and another CAD Engineer who drives em round the bend. The money is good, I don't get a lot of perks - although free use of the company vehicles is seful when I need a flatbed or pick up for something at home. I also get 45p per mile for any business mileage in my own car which is a nice little earner - worth an extra £200-£300 in my pocket every month.

However, if all comes off I'll be a Restauranteur within the next 2/3 months
Ojc

26th Aug 09 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are the shares worth at the moment Daimo? I had 200 shares a few years ago and sold them for £2k so £10 a share.
a_j_mair

26th Aug 09 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Architectural technician/designer

work for family buisnes

enjoy the work, can be a bit boring sometimes when only got odds and ends that need chased up, silly wee bits finished off

enjoy designing new houses and actually quite enjoy doing building control drawings and details

im a bit like cosmo, its the lack of company that can get teedious.

i work in an office approx 10 x 20m with my mum and dad all day

i miss the days i laboured on site and got banter all day

quite a few architectural technicians on here

noshua

26th Aug 09 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Student. Love it apart from lack of money.
K2NY-G

26th Aug 09 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye there is.. think we need a wee sub section on this site
jrsteeve

26th Aug 09 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Own and run my own lettings/sales agency in Manchester and can't complain! Work from home at the mo as its not quite big enough to warrant a shop front but do have plans to roll it out into Cheshire in the next couple of years.

Good points - money's good, no one to answer to and can work from pretty much anywhere answering the phone/emails etc. Have a genuine interest in property and am also at uni part time to be a building surveyor.

Bad points - usually just me so can be a little boring but i'm out and about a fair bit meeting new clients so it quickly passes. Doing tax returns and other paperwork is a ball ache too.
BluKoo

26th Aug 09 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a removal man, and i wouldn't say i love my job, but i do enjoy it. The people i work with normally have some good banter.

It can be hard work. Especially when you're doing a top floor flat with no lift etc, or when you're doing an office removal and all their filing cabinates are still full, but every single day is a little bit different, and every day I meet new people. Sometimes they're stinking middle aged women with pish stained mattresses, but sometimes they're single yummy mummys

It also keeps me kinda fit and strong.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Who enjoys their job, and what do you do? 23 database queries in 0.4749329 seconds