corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Loosing weight without mass loads of cardio???

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Loosing weight without mass loads of cardio???
Marc

User status: Offline
7th Sep 09 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its anything like my mates consultation he will tell you to eat 12 eggs a day!
DizzyRebel

7th Sep 09 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah so probably 10lb of fat and 7lb of muscle lol. Your goal is the same as mine... to be fit and look good naked! Honestly do some weights, 45 minutes of them before your hiit training days and watch the fat loss accelerate again.
Nath

7th Sep 09 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
If its anything like my mates consultation he will tell you to eat 12 eggs a day!

Fuck that
Marc

7th Sep 09 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid him £30 a session too and worked him till he was completetly fucked!
Nath

7th Sep 09 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We get a 6 free appointments, then you can pay for 1 to 1 sessions. Something like that anyway.
Marc

7th Sep 09 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who are you with?
Nath

7th Sep 09 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

energie Fitness

1. Goals.
2. Workout plan
3. Nutrition
4. Optimal workout
5. Evaluate
6. ??? Something else
Dan
Premium Member

7th Sep 09 at 12:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH dizzy, my goal is obviously not the same as yours, im not arsed about tryin to be an extremely defined in love with myself kinda guy. I just want to be slimmer so i feel better in myself.

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Marc

7th Sep 09 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You not in to the whole walking around the house naked thing then?
Nath

7th Sep 09 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
You not in to the whole walking around the house naked whilst shouting to your missus 'YOU'RE TOO FAT' thing then?

Dan
Premium Member

7th Sep 09 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

marc, maybe, but not looking in the mirror whilst doing so tbh

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
DizzyRebel

7th Sep 09 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
So many differing opinions on whats good and whats not. I've got an appointment at my gym tonight about nutrition. I'll post what he suggests, and see who on here agree's. Is it an exact science? Or does it differ from person to person? Interests me tbh.

The thing is, people who work at gyms earn money by getting repeat business from clients. The way they do that is to make everything seem very complicated and keep you guessing whilst your making small improvements - they wont give you the best way to obtain your goals fastest as they wont earn as much money that way.

Nutrition is a science, but basic nutrition can be grasped by just about anyone if they sat down for a couple of hours and read a few good articles on sports nutrition. Its how i got to know everything i know now just by doing research online and to be honest i know more than nearly every one of the PT's at my gym.

for exapmple your consultant will probably bombard you with things like the GI of foods, macronutrient ratios and put you on some complex diet plan that is full of stuff you dont need.

The only things you need to know as a beginner are:

Eat 5 or 6 meals a day.

Eat protein at every meal, 50g of protein per meal is a good target to aim for.

Only eat carbs when your body can used them. So 50g of carbs in the morning, 50g of carbs pre training and 100g of carbs post training.

Eat fruit or veg at every meal

Eat fats, healthy fats such as peanut butter, nuts, avocados, fish oil caps etc should be consumed in 15g servings at each meal that doesnt include carbs.

Drink 8 pints of water per day.

Thats really all you need to know as a beginner, anything else is just over complicating it.
BigSte

7th Sep 09 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone do ephedrine then?
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Sep 09 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John G
wont i just be tonin muscle behind fat tho? or will it change the fat?

high reps on a low weight will be better for losing fat
Carl

7th Sep 09 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
quote:
cos i could do with loosin weight before building up the muscle behind the fat. iv been doin sum weights the last 2 weeks but feel lathargic as im not doin much cardio

So if you want to loose weight, fuck the cardio off... notice the trend in gyms: the fat people who spend all there time on the treadmill stay fat and if you go back to them a year later there will be very little if any difference to them. However look in the weight room - full of people in shape and they continue to improve year after year. The people in the weight room know that anymore than 15 minutes on a treadmill is a waste and it sends you catabolic.

My advice - start weight training, up protein intake and drop carbs.

What a stupid idea, "fuck the cardio off"! Ever seen a fat marathon runner? also why is it a waste of time spending over 15 mins on a treadmill. Training your heart, the most important muscle in your body is hardly a waste of time, typical meat head approach.

Do both, it might not be the most pin point efficient way of training ever, but it won't kill you. Rugby league players are units, and they do plenty of running, most athletes are ripped.

My advice is to begineers pick bits up as you go along, do your own reading as dizzy as mentioned, he has done his, but then don't go thrusting it on others as though its gospel. Theories change, one days tip can become the laughing stock of the next generations. Even research papers and journals often disagree so it all depends on which school of thought you choose. Then there is one giant variable, People, what works for one doesn't always work for another.
DizzyRebel

7th Sep 09 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
quote:
cos i could do with loosin weight before building up the muscle behind the fat. iv been doin sum weights the last 2 weeks but feel lathargic as im not doin much cardio

So if you want to loose weight, fuck the cardio off... notice the trend in gyms: the fat people who spend all there time on the treadmill stay fat and if you go back to them a year later there will be very little if any difference to them. However look in the weight room - full of people in shape and they continue to improve year after year. The people in the weight room know that anymore than 15 minutes on a treadmill is a waste and it sends you catabolic.

My advice - start weight training, up protein intake and drop carbs.

What a stupid idea, "fuck the cardio off"! Ever seen a fat marathon runner? also why is it a waste of time spending over 15 mins on a treadmill. Training your heart, the most important muscle in your body is hardly a waste of time, typical meat head approach.

Do both, it might not be the most pin point efficient way of training ever, but it won't kill you. Rugby league players are units, and they do plenty of running, most athletes are ripped.

My advice is to begineers pick bits up as you go along, do your own reading as dizzy as mentioned, he has done his, but then don't go thrusting it on others as though its gospel. Theories change, one days tip can become the laughing stock of the next generations. Even research papers and journals often disagree so it all depends on which school of thought you choose. Then there is one giant variable, People, what works for one doesn't always work for another.

Marathon runners are different to the average joe. Have you ever seen a muscular one? No... but look at sprinters, built like brick shit houses. Its not about 'fucking the cardio off' its about choosing what sort of cardio is best for you. And 15 minutes hiit training will burn more calories and be a better health benefit than 40 minutes of knee bashing jogging. Rugby players do sprints, and that is a part of my training regimen.

Plus weight training trains your heart but in a different way to steady state cardio.
John G

7th Sep 09 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This thread seems to have esculated to the highest degree, i only wanted to know a basic, simply weight loose program.

dan i take it you read all the above of why i can only perform 15mins of cardio at present, high intensity training will just flair my knee up majorly, im using manual program at the moment and goin at my own pace,

Tonight i did 20mins on the cross and burnt 300 calories then just did some weights (low weights high reps like mark said)
Nath

7th Sep 09 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
So many differing opinions on whats good and whats not. I've got an appointment at my gym tonight about nutrition. I'll post what he suggests, and see who on here agree's. Is it an exact science? Or does it differ from person to person? Interests me tbh.

The thing is, people who work at gyms earn money by getting repeat business from clients. The way they do that is to make everything seem very complicated and keep you guessing whilst your making small improvements - they wont give you the best way to obtain your goals fastest as they wont earn as much money that way.

How does that work, I don't pay for this service and I'm not about to quit the gym anytime soon. Even if I get to where I want I'll still have to maintain it by going to the gym. I'd buy that line if I were paying per session.
DizzyRebel

7th Sep 09 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it the other way round, weights first then cardio. You use your circulating glucose levels for the energy needed to lift weights, then when thats spent you go fat burning on the cardio machines.

Dont bother with running, it fucks your knees. most marathon runners are fucked by the time there 40 with massive arthritis in their knees. stick to the cross trainer and cycle to keep the stress on your joints low.
DizzyRebel

7th Sep 09 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

How does that work, I don't pay for this service and I'm not about to quit the gym anytime soon. Even if I get to where I want I'll still have to maintain it by going to the gym. I'd buy that line if I were paying per session.

What are you on about? Read what i said:

The thing is, people who work at gyms (Personal trainers) earn money by getting repeat business from clients. The way they do that is to make everything seem very complicated and keep you guessing whilst your making small improvements - they wont give you the best way to obtain your goals fastest as they wont earn as much money that way.

Most pt's charge £25 an hour and are useless, but people keep going back to them because they make everything sound complicated and give them 'burn' exercises so the clients feel like they had a good workout but infact did very little in the way of attaining their goals.
Craig W

7th Sep 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Nutrition is a science, but basic nutrition can be grasped by just about anyone if they sat down for a couple of hours and read a few good articles on sports nutrition. Its how i got to know everything i know now just by doing research online and to be honest i know more than nearly every one of the PT's at my gym.

for exapmple your consultant will probably bombard you with things like the GI of foods, macronutrient ratios and put you on some complex diet plan that is full of stuff you dont need.

The only things you need to know as a beginner are:

Eat 5 or 6 meals a day.

Eat protein at every meal, 50g of protein per meal is a good target to aim for.

Only eat carbs when your body can used them. So 50g of carbs in the morning, 50g of carbs pre training and 100g of carbs post training.

Eat fruit or veg at every meal

Eat fats, healthy fats such as peanut butter, nuts, avocados, fish oil caps etc should be consumed in 15g servings at each meal that doesnt include carbs.

Drink 8 pints of water per day.

Thats really all you need to know as a beginner, anything else is just over complicating it.

Good advice
John G

7th Sep 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Do it the other way round, weights first then cardio. You use your circulating glucose levels for the energy needed to lift weights, then when thats spent you go fat burning on the cardio machines.

Dont bother with running, it fucks your knees. most marathon runners are fucked by the time there 40 with massive arthritis in their knees. stick to the cross trainer and cycle to keep the stress on your joints low.

thats what iv gotta do at the moment anyway as im not alloud any resistance on my knee or any impact

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Loosing weight without mass loads of cardio??? 24 database queries in 0.0127561 seconds