corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » £5,000 to set up a little business

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author £5,000 to set up a little business
will_doyle
Banned

User status: Offline
8th Sep 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

epic banter lads
Cosmo

8th Sep 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im not trying to put you off at all, Im just telling you that you're being unrealistic IMO. My opinion isnt guess work, I have done a number of times now what you're looking into doing (and learnt from someone who has set up and bought probably close to 100 businesses) so I know the ins and outs of it all.

Either way, good luck to trying to keep it to that amount, and good on you if you do.
Cosmo

8th Sep 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
FYI a friend of mine set up a landscaping business on £1100 3 years ago. Now his net profits are reaching the 50k mark already...

Missed this part....whats his turnover figure out of interest?
will_doyle
Banned

8th Sep 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats your actually job Cosmo? Dont you own like several business's?

Much work involved, because you seem to spend the majority of your time on CorsaSport... nothing wrong with that.. a good site.
ste_p23

8th Sep 09 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh god the doyle is questioning my lord

FEEL THE WRATH DOYLE
Cosmo

8th Sep 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_doyle

Much work involved, because you seem to spend the majority of your time on CorsaSport... nothing wrong with that.. a good site.

I own part and director of the company that has 5 bridal shops (1 set up from scratch, 3 bought, 1 basically set up from scratch). And also partner in a womenswear shop which was in such a state when we bought it that we basically started again with it all.

For those companies I handle most of the business side of things...all accounts and VAT, payroll for about 47 employees now I think it is, all supplier invoicing, and then although its not my main role I also have a big part in the marketing including website and online marketing (that is all up to me actually). And then as well as that business side I handle all general problems with the shops themselves, general sales enquiries and the employees.

I know it may seem like Im on here all the time, and I am, but I have stuff up that Im working on in the background so constantly working. Plus Ive always been someone who works best in the early hours so often, if I can, get a load of work done between 12-3am!
ste_p23

8th Sep 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in a nutshell he is the business lord
will_doyle
Banned

8th Sep 09 at 17:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:

I own part and director of the company that has 5 bridal shops (1 set up from scratch, 3 bought, 1 basically set up from scratch). And also partner in a womenswear shop which was in such a state when we bought it that we basically started again with it all.

For those companies I handle most of the business side of things...all accounts and VAT, payroll for about 47 employees now I think it is, all supplier invoicing, and then although its not my main role I also have a big part in the marketing including website and online marketing (that is all up to me actually). And then as well as that business side I handle all general problems with the shops themselves, general sales enquiries and the employees.

I know it may seem like Im on here all the time, and I am, but I have stuff up that Im working on in the background so constantly working. Plus Ive always been someone who works best in the early hours so often, if I can, get a load of work done between 12-3am!

You told me you knew fuck all about web design.. why you lie? lol
Cosmo

8th Sep 09 at 17:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You told me you knew fuck all about web design.. why you lie? lol

No, I told you I dont do it for a living, and I dont. And I didnt design our (new) website.
ste_p23

8th Sep 09 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doyle shut the fuck up
will_doyle
Banned

8th Sep 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ste_p23
doyle shut the fuck up

Excuse me?

Slightly out of order?
nathy_87

8th Sep 09 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cosmo are all your shops based in/around L'pool?

Cosmo

8th Sep 09 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo
Cosmo are all your shops based in/around L'pool?

Tarleton (first one and also where the womenswear shop is), Southport, Preston, Chester and Liverpool. So not really, all within about 40mins of there though I guess.
J da Silva

8th Sep 09 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do need an accountant, when you own a business, you don't just 'do the books' it doesn't work like that and anyone who says otherwise is a liar or a rogue trader.

A sole trader or a sub-contracting self employed worker can do his own tax return no problems.

M2rty here's a market idea for you, one from experience aswell...

When I was a bit younger I used to buy football shirts nonstop, but I always wanted my name printed on it in the exact font of the team as alot of the European clubs don't have a certain league style font.

Also what about sports goods shipped in from South America and sold in the UK, whenever UKSoccershop.co.uk get any Brazilian league shirts in, they just vanish instantly and go out of stock within the first week.

I usually just get mine when I go there.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » £5,000 to set up a little business 22 database queries in 0.1386640 seconds