corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike Owners

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bike Owners
Daimo B

User status: Offline
22nd Sep 09 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is 120mph not enough for a new rider? It'll touch 135 flat out.

Cheap, plenty of mods, cheap insurance.

Bit like getting a car when u've passed your test, you don't want a VXR, or ST as a first car, you want something small engined to learn the ropes without getting into too much trouble.

CBR600F is a great bike, but needs winding up the revs, and will be much more costly to run for a new rider (insurance etc). Something to consider ina years time once the experience has been gained a little more.

Either are good bikes though, but i'd prefer a less powered booming twin over a higher powered screeming 4
scottyp1989

22nd Sep 09 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a cbr400 as my first bike and to be honest was a great little learner, cheap to run and insure etc for a first bike you cant really go wrong where as jumping straight on to a 600 you are going to want to see what it has and being a new rider are more likely to bin it
Graham88

22nd Sep 09 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

End of the day the bike will only go as fast as the rider wants it too. Anyone with common sense won't be whacking the throttle open straight away. My 600 still scares me and I've been riding 5 years now. I had a 400 and wish I'd jumped straight to a 600. Yes you can do 170mph but only if you want too.
Daimo B

22nd Sep 09 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah but you do, all the time don't you

Far easier to do it if the powers there. And new riders will generally do it as its such a thrill, but without experience.

Either way, both the SV and CBR are excellent bikes, but me, i'd have the SV to start, and work my way up.
Graham88

22nd Sep 09 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends who's asking

Still get plenty of hairy moments on mine, front wheel lifted at the peak on Dartford Bridge the other day at 140, don't think I've ever been so scared in my life. I can't imagine a litre bike.
Daimo B

22nd Sep 09 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On TOP of the bridge!!!

Screw that for a giggle.... Thats high!!!
BabyBlade

22nd Sep 09 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Personally having done the whole 50, 125, 400, 600 route for road bikes I'd say a tidy cbr400 or rvf400 would be ideal.

Most of my friends went through the 400 route and the only unreliable one was a zx400, I'm not really down with the 400's are unreliable comments but maybe we were just all really lucky ?

either a 400 or something like a hornet or SV, if you want sporty looking its got to be rvf imo..
Graham88

22nd Sep 09 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
On TOP of the bridge!!!

Screw that for a giggle.... Thats high!!!

Yeah you're telling me! The point where it stops going up and it comes down was quite severe at those speeds obviously!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bike Owners 22 database queries in 0.2188520 seconds