corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Away to look at 206-picked it up today

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Away to look at 206-picked it up today
K3 VMU

User status: Offline
6th Oct 09 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
oh and the common oil leak fom the top left of the engine (cam belt side) it will be obvious if it has got a leak.. means it needs a head gasket as they are common as muck (really easy to do tho and when you torque the head down do it 5nm more than wht it say's from the manufacturer it seems to stop them leaking somehow

the one i looked at today had an oil leak from around there, but it looks more like the rocker cover gasket?
redtop_tommy

6th Oct 09 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my sister has one and all it does in the wet is kick out at the back on corners.shes got new toyos on it and the axle and all that has been checked n that aswell.
Muzzy@VauxhallScotland

6th Oct 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The arch liners on my 206 were fine when i fitted the sports front bumper
Pop

6th Oct 09 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by redtop_tommy
my sister has one and all it does in the wet is kick out at the back on corners.shes got new toyos on it and the axle and all that has been checked n that aswell.

She just needs to stop lifting off the accelerator mid corner

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by Pop]
john_c20xe

6th Oct 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the sagem coil back go down on them quite alot, front wishbone bushes go, headgaskets piss out, rocker cover gaskets piss out oil. bullet proof TU engines,
Richardhhha

6th Oct 09 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
the one i looked at today had an oil leak from around there, but it looks more like the rocker cover gasket?

best bet there then is whip the rocker cover off, give the area a god cleaning with break cleaner and new rocker seal and if it comes back leeking again its the head gasket mate sorry but they all do it

they take only a few hours to replace the head gasket
Andrew

6th Oct 09 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by redtop_tommy

She clearly needs to learn how to drive
K3 VMU

6th Oct 09 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Richardhhha
quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU

best bet there then is whip the rocker cover off, give the area a god cleaning with break cleaner and new rocker seal and if it comes back leeking again its the head gasket mate sorry but they all do it

they take only a few hours to replace the head gasket

cheers mate, it will be getting a good going over once i get it anyway......

never worked on french stuff before-yuk
mattievRS

7th Oct 09 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
quote:
Originally posted by m17tty
quote:
Originally posted by sxibeast
quote:
Originally posted by m17tty

get sports bumpers for it mate as theyre the same as 180 ones.Rear is a little different but just basically an exhaust surround.You will need to get new sports wings and arch liners to make the front sports bumperfit properly on a non sports model though.

Not true, the sports front bumper goes on fine with non-sport wings, but yes you do need the arch liners. The sports wings are just slightly more flared at the top than the non-sport wings.

Also, the only porblem i have found with the gfs 206 is the main earth strap from the battery needed replacing, and if you change all the rear lights to LED ones, the high level brake light stays faintly on, so you need an inline resistor to switch it off. Otherwise a good car!

[Edited on 05-10-2009 by sxibeast]

well yeah it is true as sports arch liners aint going to fit non sports wings are they!Due to the flare on the sports wings you mentioned earlier.And also the sports bumper on non sports wings, a look shit and, b look even shitter fitting wise.

[Edited on 06-10-2009 by m17tty]

Yes,a Sports front bumper will need the arch liners (however the non-sport liners can be made to fit), but wont need the wings to match as the sport liners fit non sport wings fine. Perhaps you might like to have a look on 206info.co.uk and see what people have done there?

The sport bumper is not wider, it just has a bigger opening or 'mouth' at the front, and on some, a colour coded bumper top, and has different fitting front fog lights compared to a non-sport one.

mate, im all too aware of what fits what as ive been a member on info for 2 years.Im mearly saying they look shit without sports wings and yes they do fit BUT LOOK SHIT! end of...
Why do half a job to make the car look crap and blantantly put something on the car that looks like youve stuck it on and cant be arsed with doing the whole job? something you would be happy doing?
The OP asked for some advice and it was given, so lets not argue over something as shitty as this as its childish.

[Edited on 07-10-2009 by m17tty]
K3 VMU

9th Oct 09 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well away to pick up the pug tomoro.

how much do you recon i can get the garage down on their price?

its advertised for £1395, i am hoping for £1200

Jamie

9th Oct 09 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say £1200

Which garage is it mate?
K3 VMU

9th Oct 09 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its in Fraserburgh, the cars advertised on ebay in the classifieds , Polcars i think its called
K3 VMU

10th Oct 09 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well picked it up this morning, got it for £1240, he just put 6months tax on it today, so far so good, gave it a right good clean under the bonnet, door catches,and the body. came up cracking with a polish. only problem i have is the remote central locking is not working i am going to try changing the battery in the fob tomoro and see if that works.

be getting serviced this week

and lowered asap its like a faking boat!!!
sxibeast

10th Oct 09 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some pics up matey!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Away to look at 206-picked it up today 22 database queries in 0.0101910 seconds