corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Relationship day - Kids & Marriage

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Relationship day - Kids & Marriage
Fad

User status: Offline
7th Oct 09 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Been with my Missis nearly 10 years.

Planned to have kids before we were 30, but thats been put off till before we're 35.

The thought of you having kids its just scary
stubs

7th Oct 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair

Do you not think 35 is quite old though??

you will be 50 by the time they are 15

tbh I don't think 50 is that old, and theorectically i'll be older, better wage, house paid off, so can give my child/ren a better life than I had.

It is quite old, but fairly common down south due to so many career minded people working in the city and around local areas. I've know quite a few older parents as I was growing up.

Its a good point, you can also say having children young also enables you to enjoy your life when your older, but for us, we wanted to enjoy our life whilst young, going away, have nice holidays, get a house, have a good foundation.

Theres still time for us as well when we're retired. But it totally depends how you want to run your own life really

I suppose living down south makes things different.. My brother & his family still enjoy nice holidays away, lovely big house Stockton Heath, still dine out and go out to party etc.. they even spent £50k+ on their winter wedding this time last year (not looking forward to trying to match that one! ) I suppose living down south would make things different for them
Daimo B

7th Oct 09 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My parents were married at 21. Divorced after 20 years, and the worst part is watching how it can destroy 1 of your parents totally, as the other one WAS their life. It ruined my late teens, and I can't imagine what it can do to a young child, so although not a certain it;ll never happen (you can't predict the future), we'll do our best for it and get the basis for it not to happen.

Hence why after nearly 10 years I only recently proposed.

By my life, I mean being able to buy nice toys, tv's, material items, my bike ....

At the moment, i can enjoy my ride, take maybe risks I shouldn't. Whilst it would destroy my partner should I have a serious accident, she could recover in life and start again....

If I had children, I wouldn't enjoy myself so much, what if would be in my head. I couldn't afford those nice toys, the lavish expensive holidays, nice hotels, random trips away and stuff. Not for the first few years anyway.

I really want children, but i want my life first without the (sounds bad) hangups of having children in tow. Im not ready for those times yet, the middle of the night wakeups, the tantrums, the endless needs financially of a child. Im getting there, just not yet
a_j_mair

7th Oct 09 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am 25 well am on friday and my dad is 53
I am the youngest of 3

i often go and play golf, have a drink at the pub etc with my dad which i think is nice

I also work with him which sometimes is not so great but hopefully it will allow me to slowly take some presure off him when he starts to be able to let go

Allows him to go on 2 or 3 holidays a year
play golf on a friday etc as i am now in the office to look after things
Daimo B

7th Oct 09 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad

No, its the b0llox, your wait till you see my boy leading the WSB championship, or doing a Lewis Hamilton (if they want to go down that route of course, of which i'll give the upmost support and perswasion )

and tbh, you don't really know me these days. Im still opinionated, but very very much a different person that you once knew.
Colin

7th Oct 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fire blanks
Daimo B

7th Oct 09 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubs

I suppose living down south makes things different.. My brother & his family still enjoy nice holidays away, lovely big house Stockton Heath, still dine out and go out to party etc.. they even spent £50k+ on their winter wedding this time last year (not looking forward to trying to match that one! ) I suppose living down south would make things different for them

I really don't earn that much anymore after taking a different job a few years back. Hopefully that is going to change again though.

Im stating no more than £20k on ours, not including honeymoon, but thats already looking like a deminishing thought with what shes got planned
Colin

7th Oct 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for a wedding Im paying for a week in vegas & 2 chinese elvis's as witnesses.
a_j_mair

7th Oct 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

By my life, I mean being able to buy nice toys, tv's, material items, my bike ....

Is funny you should say that a child and family will reap far more rewards from being time rich and money poor

A child will happily play with the cardboard box that the tv came in and will enjoy it far more the more time you can spend with them
micra_pete
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 13:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i was seeing the missus for 3 or 4 months before she fell pregnant, had known each other for 18 months or so before that

wasnt planned but was best thing to ever happen

we bought a house when she was 3 months gone, daughter was 1 last friday

best thing in the world

Alot of people want to wait untill they are ready etc etc

Having a stable income and family home etc yes you can get ready for that but i dont know if it is something i would personally ever have been ready for emotionaly with the complete change in life style etc

I would like another sooner rather than later so i am young enough to be able to enjoy time with them

A very alike story.

Know a girl for a couple of years, started going out, 10 months she fell pregnant, I was 19 she was 20.

My sons just turned 7. Without him I wouldn't have had the great job that I have, the nice house in a great area or the lifestyle I do, it really made me knuckle down as I didn't want to be a 'typical teenage / young parent', Alisons the same.

I don't regret being a young parent for a second personally, I know 100% I wouldn't be in the situation I am now, probably still dossing it of or in jail.

The only thing I have missed is my mates (Made a choice to be with my lad rather than mates) and not having much for myself as everything I earned for a good while went on him.

Plus when my son is 20, I'll only be 40, which can only be a good thing, i'd hate to be that age with a young child.
JadeM
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I fire blanks

quote:
As for a wedding Im paying for a week in vegas & 2 chinese elvis's as witnesses.

Great, I've got a lot to look forward to then
Fad

7th Oct 09 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Fad

No, its the b0llox, your wait till you see my boy leading the WSB championship, or doing a Lewis Hamilton (if they want to go down that route of course, of which i'll give the upmost support and perswasion )

and tbh, you don't really know me these days. Im still opinionated, but very very much a different person that you once knew.

I doubt you've changed much apart from smoking less green
Fad

7th Oct 09 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Will the the Chapel be known as Garceland
Daimo B

7th Oct 09 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Is funny you should say that a child and family will reap far more rewards from being time rich and money poor

A child will happily play with the cardboard box that the tv came in and will enjoy it far more the more time you can spend with them

Yup totally agree, thing is at the moment in my life, any spare time i've got (thats not with the missis, as we're inseperable), i like to spend with friends, going out on my bike, biker holidays etc...

I want to be able to give my child/ren my up-most attention as much as possible, especially during the younger years where learning is so crucial to life later on.

What can I say, i like material items, always have.
Daimo B

7th Oct 09 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad

I doubt you've changed much apart from smoking less green

Well thats where you don't know me anymore. A brief once or twice encounter in 5+ years doesn't show the full story of a man. Things change, people change. I remember you being a shy quiet do everything you mum says kinda person. Very polite, softly spoken, a little insecure even? But these days your much more outspoken, laddish, louder and more aggressive and confident.

Are you still that person?

Things change, times change, people change. I feel my friends would say im a much better person for it, Donnas noticed the change over the years, you've not been around to know.

RE weed, that doesn't change me, that just means I can wake up easier, don't get wound up as easily, and have what seems like a lot more money in my pocket

[Edited on 07-10-2009 by VXR]
Fad

7th Oct 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was only jessing with you you mardy mare x
Daimo B

7th Oct 09 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, but im just stating a point about how life changes as you grow (or not in some peoples cases (not you) ).

OT, hows that new career going anyway (not a sarcastic question either)?

[Edited on 07-10-2009 by VXR]
Ojc

7th Oct 09 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm aiming for 35 as well as 30 is only 3 years away, fuck that I still ride around on a scooter FFS trying to bait kids on 50's into races.
jr

7th Oct 09 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I'm aiming for 35 as well as 30 is only 3 years away, fuck that I still ride around on a scooter FFS trying to bait kids on 50's into races.

jr

7th Oct 09 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
i'd also like to start 'trying'

who with xx
Daimo B

7th Oct 09 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not you as I hear your infertile
Baskey

7th Oct 09 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

although i have my own 3 bed semi, a decent job and a g/f of 4 years. The fact my hobbies include skidding arround in hot hatchs and smoking weed probely means im not ready for kids yet
Ojc

7th Oct 09 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Government would have you believe you are no longer able to conceive children as a result of smoking to much funky stuff.
Baskey

7th Oct 09 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
The Government would have you believe you are no longer able to conceive children as a result of smoking to much funky stuff.

Good point, no time for sex, im to busy watching family guy and eating monster munch
Lawrah
Premium Member

7th Oct 09 at 14:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by willay
i'd also like to start 'trying'

who with xx

Me... Duurrrr

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Relationship day - Kids & Marriage 22 database queries in 0.1996069 seconds