corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sky HD

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky HD
John

User status: Offline
9th Oct 09 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
As you may or may not know, the 'Sky' engineers aren't actually from Sky at all, they are just sub contracted - they won't give a shit as they get paid regardless!

Apart from the ones who work for sky.
Rob_Quads

9th Oct 09 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup similar to Virgin. Some engineers are full time staff some are contracted. If you get a contracted all they care about is getting in and out and quick as possible as the more you do the more money.

When I had virgin in I had a guy who was ex-contractor. Said it was so much better being full time as you could do a better job i.e. he stayed around long than he normally would to make sure everything I had worked and at a good speed rather than sodding off the second he saw a 40+mbps result
ed

9th Oct 09 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quote - "Someone's been over to have a play with the signal amplifiers today". But as the box is knackerd, I don't know if they've played with it properly yet.
strick206

12th Oct 09 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All of this hassle ed and when you finally get it working you'll realise sky hd is shit anyway and not worth the extra 10quid a month for a slightly better picture, delayed sound, and every time you turn the fucking box on you have to turn it off and on again for the sound to work

Waste of money imo, wish i'd just stuck with sky plus
ed

13th Oct 09 at 00:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once the box is working I'm going to cancel the HD subscription. I only watch Hollyoaks on HD I fail.

But the woman with the sexy voice in cancellations was implying that I should phone up customer services and kick up a fuss and the lest I should get is a weeks free viewing

I love it when the Scottish people pick up the phone, much better than the Indians or the Irish men.
Rob_Quads

13th Oct 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
All of this hassle ed and when you finally get it working you'll realise sky hd is shit anyway and not worth the extra 10quid a month for a slightly better picture, delayed sound, and every time you turn the fucking box on you have to turn it off and on again for the sound to work

Waste of money imo, wish i'd just stuck with sky plus

Sounds like you have a dodgy box or poor setup. My sound is spot on - have you tweaked it in the settings? Also for me £10 for the HD footy matches is great value. Gives a much better experience on a 2m screen .
Ojc

13th Oct 09 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My grandads upgraded his to HD, our standard Sky+ downstairs is a better picture. Strange.
ed

13th Oct 09 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I might start enjoying it again when it all works again. I'm thinking of getting a better TV too. I've just got a 1080i Samsung at the moment that must be about 5 or 6 years old now...
Cavey

13th Oct 09 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love my Sky HD, much much better watching documentaries, films and sports in HD as opposed to SD.
ed

13th Oct 09 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New box has arrived. It works at the moment

Getting some sparkys round soon to fix the wiring or whatever's wrong with the rest of it.
whitter45

13th Oct 09 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HD is the future

JM Curdy

13th Oct 09 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

never had a single problem with our HD box since we first got it, pictures amazing on all definitions.

still no EPG update yet though
John

13th Oct 09 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
My grandads upgraded his to HD, our standard Sky+ downstairs is a better picture. Strange.

Something is hooked up wrong, it's a million times better because it's using hdmi instead of scart, before you even get to HD.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

14th Oct 09 at 02:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
All the numbers on that website have been blocked. I just asked for a refund on the service call out, however they can't do that, I also asked for them to terminate the service because it's a waste of money as it doesn't work and he said he'd transfer me, but he cut me off

Not sure how much you'll be ringing them anymore (hopefully none!) but if you need to, I used 0800 468857 on Friday and it worked a treat - put me straight through to deepest Asia, but it was free!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll