corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » oh the humilation!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author oh the humilation!!
John

User status: Offline
16th Oct 09 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Because daimo mentioned fighter jets and a reventon is modeled after a fighter jet mainly.
_Allan_

16th Oct 09 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The same reason you're telling us about you're dad beating a bike in his 911.
BluKoo

16th Oct 09 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Because daimo mentioned fighter jets and a reventon is modeled after a fighter jet mainly.

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_
The same reason you're telling us about you're dad beating a bike in his 911.

Evidently not Allan

Was just browsing youtube and i found this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qfy1VO4ePlA

and this one...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Man0X0bf8vk
flybikeslee

16th Oct 09 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bikes rock
lostboy
Banned

16th Oct 09 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bikes are for real men, drifting cars is cool, but men with balls drift bikes, there is a jpg of that but I cant find it
Daimo B

16th Oct 09 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
I find it interesting that bikers are always really quite defensive and bang on about how fast they can go for blah blah blah etc etc and most car people dont really care. Bike are cheaper than cars, so if i wanted a bike because there so much better and amazing wouldnt i just go and buy one?

Depends if you ahd the balls or the brains to ride one properly.

Anyone can get in a car and drive it moderatly fast with lots of gadgets doing the driving.

A bike is MUCH harder to ride, and exceptionally hard to ride fast.

End of the day, bikers and bikers, cars drivers are car drivers.

Some of us enjoy both so see pro the pros and cons. I'd rather be in a car in the winter, but on a bike in the summer.
flybikeslee

16th Oct 09 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can drive fast round corners no worries, its a whole different world on a bike
Daimo B

16th Oct 09 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
A reventon is clearly closer to a fighter jet than an open air bike.

Sure, we've all got £1million + in our pockets to spend on a car with fancy dials haven't we.....

much to the fact theres only 20 Renentions, and only 15 convertables (being made)......

Closest car to a bike, its an Atom, of which I would not say no to AT ALL!!!!

I put both pros and cons of each, being middle ground, and still theres always someone to whinge
Brett
Premium Member

16th Oct 09 at 15:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Humiliation Yeah ok
Daimo B

16th Oct 09 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lostboy
Bikes are for real men, drifting cars is cool, but men with balls drift bikes, there is a jpg of that but I cant find it

Cough...

lostboy
Banned

16th Oct 09 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Cough...

Nah that's not the one I was thinking of mate but I'll keep it anyway The one I'm thinking of is a jpeg not a gif.
ed

16th Oct 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Explain the humiliation?
_Allan_

16th Oct 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed

16th Oct 09 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mental
lostboy
Banned

16th Oct 09 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by _Allan_

Fucking LOVE you mate!
_Allan_

16th Oct 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

x
corsa120

16th Oct 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there is no humiliation bikes are mega compared, even my 1200 suzuki bandit which in the bike world is slow tears my bosses aston martin db9 a new arsehole and mine is a slow bike apparently lol

this is one thing people never understand about bikes, they take a huge amount of work to ride fast and you have to be really on the ball, one loss of concentration for a split second on a bend and you come out over shooting etc etc...... REALLY REALLY HARD WORK... cant even brake if you get it wrong cos if you panic you lock up the front wheel and guess what thate quals bang your off.....

i was just out in my astra gsi earlier coming home from work and its incredible how much grip cars have got.... PEOPLE slag the astra gsi off for not having much driver feedback well compared to my bandit o have bucket loads of the stuff and there is grip grip grip, and if i fuck it up dab of the brakes and im on my way again.........

i love both as some have said cars ive loved since i was 3 years old, got more into bikes as time has gone on....

and im sick of people saying how dangerous they are like you colin, when in town with lots of t junctions you keep your wits about you, just because your in a car dont mean your any safer as to me it depends on the situation..... like vxr said you can push a bike away i found many times dirt riding on crossers.......

i know lots of guys who have been riding for 15-30years and my mate died last year doin 40mph in pug 106 gti so ............................

[Edited on 16-10-2009 by corsa120]
jr

16th Oct 09 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Nah that's not the one I was thinking of mate but I'll keep it anyway The one I'm thinking of is a jpeg not a gif.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/254352/melandris_drift/
K3 VMU

17th Oct 09 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/254352/melandris_drift/

that is skill, one handed drfit......

*take hat off*
Daimo B

17th Oct 09 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
this is one thing people never understand about bikes, they take a huge amount of work to ride fast and you have to be really on the ball, one loss of concentration for a split second on a bend and you come out over shooting etc etc...... REALLY REALLY HARD WORK... cant even brake if you get it wrong cos if you panic you lock up the front wheel and guess what thate quals bang your off.....

Isn't that the truth!!!!

Riding a bike on the limit takes far more skill than driving a car, sorry but thats just pure fact. With the car you just need to ensure your braking point (which takes balls)... On a bike, you have to do that, whilst leaning (braking and leaning a bike over??? Gravity? Contact patch on ground?). And if you do reallllly balls up in a car on the roads, you know theres a good chance u'll be ok bar some dented metal. On a bike, theres a high chance u'll die if you mess up. But that is part of the buzz of it, being at that edge.

Anyone who says otherwise has obviously never actually ridden a bike properly other than popping round on a C90 across fields.
Joe

17th Oct 09 at 12:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think anyone has ever doubted that Daimo, obviously its alot easier to drive a car fast.

Still a shit thread, as John said I'd much rather rock up to a bar in a Lambo than on a bike in a gimp suit.
DizzyRebel

17th Oct 09 at 12:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the threads not about which you would drive to a bar to pick up shallow women. Its about a bike being faster than a supercar.

In all honesty, theres very little difference in speed between supercars and superbikes. As for riding vs driving, riding is much much harder. The proof is that most bike racers get in cars and could get a top 10 finish in a race without any real practise, however car drivers would take years of practise before they could get a top 10 in a motorcycle race.

A real adrenalin junkie would pick a bike over a car any day of the week.
John

17th Oct 09 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
the threads not about which you would drive to a bar to pick up shallow women.

It is when humiliation and price are mentioned.

The guy with a lambo can buy a 7k bike if he wants and anyone with half a brain expects to be beaten by the bike so wouldn't be humiliated.
Joe

17th Oct 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But its nothing new, we all know this. Bikes are faster yes, for £10k on a bike you'd have a fucking quick bike, £10k on a car, slow in comparison.

The original point was that the lambo guy won't be humiliated, because anyone with any sense knows the bike is going to be quicker. Its pretty simple stuff.
Brett
Premium Member

17th Oct 09 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DizzyRebel
The proof is that most bike racers get in cars and could get a top 10 finish in a race without any real practise, however car drivers would take years of practise before they could get a top 10 in a motorcycle race.

That's a bit daft isn't it, because I'd say everyone who has a bike license will also have a car license and that doesn't work vice versa.

TBH, I'm still in shock over this stupid thread. Tell us something we don't know.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » oh the humilation!! 22 database queries in 0.0185142 seconds