corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Benitez sacked if Man Utd win on weekend?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Benitez sacked if Man Utd win on weekend?
Tom

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 09 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The most frustrating thing about the two clowns who own us is that they constantly disagree on things to the complete detriment of the club, it seems the only thing they can agree on is pulling funds our manager already had spent Hicks will probably do all he can to block gillet selling to the saudi's as for some reason he wants to remain an owner and the saudi's would probably push him out. A nice heart attack or plane crash wouldn't go a-miss for those two fuckers right now.
Cosmo

22nd Oct 09 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We wont be out of the top 4, and we'll get through the to last 16 in the CL.

Its only a blip, no team is really playing amazing at the moment in the league IMO.
mwg

22nd Oct 09 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The difference is Man United usually still win when they don't play amazing
Tom

AND the amount of games silva could have had an impact in already makes me feel sick. How they think it's ok to pull funding when we were so close last year and rafa only wanted one more player is unbelievable, the effect on the players who have had there head turned or are at a certain age is shit, they want to see us bringing big names in this would have helped the club in more ways than just the extra quality of the player

Marc

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
It's very possible they finish outside the top 4 this season, only thing is, if they drop into the europa league they'd probably fecking win it.

I was thinking that, although they were looking like being in the Europa League last year and sorted themselves out!
strick206

22nd Oct 09 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
We wont be out of the top 4, and we'll get through the to last 16 in the CL.

Its only a blip, no team is really playing amazing at the moment in the league IMO.

Quoted

Yeah possibly, but losing nearly 50percent of the games is no good thing and with some hard games to come, could be even worse.

I expect city to tail off though, but would love them to pip you to fourth
strick206

22nd Oct 09 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
AND the amount of games silva could have had an impact in already makes me feel sick. How they think it's ok to pull funding when we were so close last year and rafa only wanted one more player is unbelievable, the effect on the players who have had there head turned or are at a certain age is shit, they want to see us bringing big names in this would have helped the club in more ways than just the extra quality of the player

I think rafa needs more than just aquafresh and silva to win the league, i think liverpool over-performed last year and the squad is still far too weak to win the premiership

(and no, i'm not fishing, rare discussion in sports day )
Cosmo

22nd Oct 09 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The squad isnt amazingly strong, but Rafa obviously had a plan this summer where he wanted to spend big on 2 players (plus a replacement for Alonso when he left).

I personally think that without the silly amount of injuries to top players which would hit any side no matter who they are (I mean on Tuesday we had...Johnson, Reira, Gerrard, Aquilani and Torres all out) and with the addition of Silva as he wanted that we would be flying high right now.

Even with a few injuries - as last season where we over achieved even without Torres and Gerrard for large parts of the season - we could of managed, just not that many!
Tom

22nd Oct 09 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:
Originally posted by Tom

I think rafa needs more than just aquafresh and silva to win the league, i think liverpool over-performed last year and the squad is still far too weak to win the premiership

(and no, i'm not fishing, rare discussion in sports day )

Please enlighten me as to how we can do better than 'we should' over the course of a season, especially considering we were also in the champions league until april? I don't see how you can really comment on aquilani's impact seeing as he hasn't even played for us yet we are currently having a (really) bad run, we have lost confidence but our players who aren't playing well aren't suddenly shit, they are lacking confidence. Aquilani will provide more balance and options which we are desperate for, if we had another very good quality option such as silva then it'd be a completely different ball game (mind the pun) than we've seen so far.

If we get any kind of result on sunday we will be 4 points behind you after our worst run in 22 years, we won't need much extra motivation than our bad form so expect to see more fight from us than we've put up against anyone else so far this season.

Cosmo

22nd Oct 09 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly Tom.

Its funny how Liverpool are never a good side.

We won the CL in 2005 and its because we were lucky.

We got the the final again 2yrs later and it was because we were both lucky and over everyone else was crap.

We finished a close 2nd last year in the PL and it was because we over achieved.

Not ever have we had a good team.
Marc

22nd Oct 09 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Exactly Tom.

Its funny how Liverpool are never a good side.

We won the CL in 2005 and its because we were lucky.

We got the the final again 2yrs later and it was because we were both lucky and over everyone else was crap.

We finished a close 2nd last year in the PL and it was because we over achieved.

Not ever have we had a good team.

Well to be fair, you were 3-0 down and were getting hammered! In your defence you pulled it back. Just like we did in 99

Having said that, you have failed to win the league since 1990 and your last trophy came in 2006. In that time the likes of Portsmouth have won the FA Cup.

You're clearly somewhere short of being the finished product.

[Edited on 22-10-2009 by Marc]
Cosmo

22nd Oct 09 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Well to be fair, you were 3-0 down and were getting hammered! In your defence you pulled it back. Just like we did in 99

Having said that, you have failed to win the league since 1990 and your last trophy came in 2006. In that time the likes of Portsmouth have won the FA Cup.

You're clearly somewhere short of being the finished product.

Im not suggesting we are the finsihed product, we arent.

But at the same time, whenever we do something such as win the CL, get to the CL final (something you lot hadnt done that much in all of Fergies time as manager) or push you for the title its not because we are a good side its because of some other factor such as luck or the other teams being shit.

And yes, we pulled it back from 3-0 down, but were Milan lucky to score 3 in the first half? As we're being classed as lucky for scoring 3 in the second? And what about getting to the final, I suppose we were lucky in every one of the games to get there?
Robbo

22nd Oct 09 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My personal opinion is you are in serious trouble.

We got written off after losing 5 of our first 15 or something before Xmas, you lot are well on your way to that but it seems the second top 4 will get results this seaosn so its hard to know how many the big teams will lose but you have plenty of time to turn it around, my concern would be what eveyone was saying in the summer, scratcjh the firts 11 and you have some definate lack of quality. Plus you still have to visit 2 of the top 4 + villa + city. Luckily though as youve said, youre not too far away trhanks to others results but utd game is vital IMO, psychologically if nothing else

CL would most concern me though, looekd poor against debrechen, beat by fiorentina cionvincingly, beat by lyon ( a decent lookign lyon side too) and got to visit lyno and host fiorentina, 2 decent teams IMO and also the dodgy hungarian team (although cosmo you said they got thumped at home so fair enough). testing times.

A draw at the weekend would eb nice please
Cosmo

22nd Oct 09 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt matter what the result this weekend, your lot wont be competing for the title this season.

And I still stand by the fact we will be above you come xmas.
Robbo

22nd Oct 09 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

22nd Oct 09 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH I think Arsenal will actually finish above Liverpool this season. Only because Liverpool have been shooting themselves in the foot recently.
Cosmo

22nd Oct 09 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Print screen.
Cosmo

22nd Oct 09 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9 games in FFS
Nath

22nd Oct 09 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
9 games in FFS

And too many losses at this stage with no sign you'll turn things around IMO.
Cosmo

22nd Oct 09 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

9 games
MJFF88

22nd Oct 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Alex Ferguson went on abit of a bad run of form no real fan would call for his head. Load of old media rubbish. End of.
Nath

22nd Oct 09 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes yes I know
mwg

22nd Oct 09 at 12:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
dont blame it on the sunshine
dont blame it on the moonlight
dont blame it on the beach ball
blame it on benitez

[Edited on 22-10-2009 by mwg]
Robbo

22nd Oct 09 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
9 games
of which you lost 4
Cosmo

22nd Oct 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And?

United lost 4 last season, 5 the year before, 5 the year before that, Chavski 5 before that.

And whoever wins it this season will lose more than 5 this season.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Benitez sacked if Man Utd win on weekend? 23 database queries in 0.0200748 seconds