corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » NHS pay cut at work

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author NHS pay cut at work
marklawton

User status: Offline
6th Nov 09 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andrew
OMG, i'm totally in the wrong job. Porters on 15k a year and cleaners on 21k.

cleaners are no way on 21k a year. thats a load of bullshit unles there doing like 80 hours a week
J da Silva

6th Nov 09 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find a cleaner being on 21k a year very hard to believe, as basic nurses are on 22k starting out.
l15ter

6th Nov 09 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by marklawton
you use to earn £1350 being a cleaner, i would love to know how many hours you worked to earn that. as iam a porter at my local hospital and i only take home 1k in my pocket and the cleaners at my hospital will be lucky to pick up £750.

well i did do two 4 hour week day evening shifts, saturday evening shift for 5 hours, and sunday was a 14 hour shirt, out of the whole week only fours hour were paid at flat rate, rest were either time and half or time and two thirds.
Faye_2003

6th Nov 09 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recently I found out my shifts are gunna be changed as of mid November, I currently either do 5 shifts of either early's (70am-3pm), mid-morning (10am-4:30pm with a couple of bank shifts here and there) or late's (1pm-9pm)

or I could do 3 x 12 hour shifts on days or nights, but the NHS want to just have a set team of nurses on 12 hourly shifts and the others on mixed 5 shifts a week, so I can't pick my own shift patterns anymore.
Cole

7th Nov 09 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus is a cleaner at our local hospital she works 16.5hrs a week and earns £235 a week
Tom G

7th Nov 09 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
My missus is a cleaner at our local hospital she works 16.5hrs a week and earns £235 a week

Surely your joking??

In a hospital the pay for jobs is worked out by pay bands for e.g. cleaners Band 2 - around 13000 raising to 15000 with yearly increments.

Same with a porter it's only a band 2 job.

I'm currently a band 3 in appointments nd i take home just over 1k each month (37.5 hours a week) - Band 3 is around 15k raising to 18k with yearly increments, each hospital band may be different as different areas etc. but not by much

Shell
Premium Member

7th Nov 09 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J da Silva
I find a cleaner being on 21k a year very hard to believe, as basic nurses are on 22k starting out.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Newly qualified nurses start on 21-22k.
Cole

7th Nov 09 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I am not joking she does work just sat and sun
Carl

7th Nov 09 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
quote:

Surely your joking??

In a hospital the pay for jobs is worked out by pay bands for e.g. cleaners Band 2 - around 13000 raising to 15000 with yearly increments.

I'm currently a band 3 in appointments nd i take home just over 1k each month (37.5 hours a week) - Band 3 is around 15k raising to 18k with yearly increments, each hospital band may be different as different areas etc. but not by much

Same at our place, but knowing how backwards and generally unorganised NHS's are it wouldn't surprise me if there were some cleaners who were coining it in.
marklawton

7th Nov 09 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom G
quote:

Surely your joking??

very true, iam on band 2 and the cleaners at are hospital are on band 1

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » NHS pay cut at work 22 database queries in 0.4881589 seconds