corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » co2

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author co2
Nick-S

User status: Offline
8th Nov 09 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sory but earth is how meny billion years old?? Man has walked the earth for only a sort time in comparason and we are supposedly destroying it with CO2 in what the last 100 years or so...

like fuck, its all bullshit
CorsAsh

8th Nov 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope they're going to scrap all the volcanoes on Earth and replace them with green, battery powered LED ones.
Bonney

8th Nov 09 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think i'm going to get one of these prius things.

Then put a big gas guzzling v8 into it. Thatway everyone will like it!

CorsAsh

8th Nov 09 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It'll still look shite though.
AlexN
Banned

8th Nov 09 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly, walk you lazy sod?

secondly i like the way Jules corrected IVI's spelling of government... but never actually went as far as spelling it himself incase he got it wrong, so abbreviated it instead

Dom

8th Nov 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AlexN
firstly, walk you lazy sod?

secondly i like the way Jules corrected IVI's spelling of government... but never actually went as far as spelling it himself incase he got it wrong, so abbreviated it instead

Still missed 'guarenteed' though
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt spell government wrong?

i spelt guaranteed wrong
richc

8th Nov 09 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Same as scrappage. That does more harm than good.

And economically, the company who benefited the most is Hyundai.

Nice one Gordon.

Cock on ian. It all about money. (tax on buying a new car, then keeping people in jobs, who make them, paying more tax again )

I went in a prius on saturday. What a wierd thing My mates dad has one as a company car, purely for the tax he doesnt pay (its next to nothing in comparision to the 40k a year he does).
will_doyle
Banned

8th Nov 09 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham
still makes a difference

you'll be moaning when your house is flooded because of global warming

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot
chloe16v

8th Nov 09 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y
Daimo B

8th Nov 09 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
They're pretty much at the top of the pile when it comes to cars that damage the environment when you consider what goes into making one.

Gen 1, yup your correct.
New Gen 2, nope very incorrect.

I had to drive one the other day. Horrible car. Front heavy, gutless, made of recycled plastics.

But 100+mpg on the motor in the city was good, and is fun recharging the battery.

Felt like a complete goon driving it.

Chloe, 100 yards, lazy lazy lazy person. How many rolls you got so far? Re-affirming my opinion that you are an idiot.
Daimo B

8th Nov 09 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v
Sory but earth is how meny billion years old?? Man has walked the earth for only a sort time in comparason and we are supposedly destroying it with CO2 in what the last 100 years or so...

Not about that.

Earth creates C02 anyway, its just that Man has been producing more Co2 than the planet can remove in the last few hundred years.

tbh, in the grand scheme of things, most modern cars make minimal difference, esp when America and China are putting out millions of tonnes of C02 per year (could be billions, can't remember).

Cars are not the problem

I blame the cow sh1ts.. They produce huge amounts of C02. SHould we all kill the cows ?

I personnally believe the planet is on a natural cycle, it gets hot, it gets cold, we've had an ice age... THe problem is that we're contributing too much too quickly, hence the "speeded up" effect of global warming. Where the planet would ahve a natural cycle, the cycle has been vastly sped up.

It would happen anyway, its just happening too fast, hence the eco save the world stuff.
pow
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by richc

I went in a prius on saturday. What a wierd thing My mates dad has one as a company car, purely for the tax he doesnt pay (its next to nothing in comparision to the 40k a year he does).

Tis exactly the reason my Dad has one.

He doesn't give a flying fuck about the environment but pay £130 (everything inc.) a month to do 50k a year? I'd be over that like cheese on toast

That lastest advert makes me sick as well
richc

8th Nov 09 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh
They're pretty much at the top of the pile when it comes to cars that damage the environment when you consider what goes into making one.

Chloe, 100 yards, lazy lazy lazy person. How many rolls you got so far? Re-affirming my opinion that you are an idiot.

What summed it up for me was he fact she 'CANT' go to work because she has kids.
chloe16v

8th Nov 09 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

point being rich?

just because i said if i want to drive 100 yards to the shop i will does not mean that i do, infact the shop is alot more than 100 yards away fools
richc

8th Nov 09 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by richc

Tis exactly the reason my Dad has one.

He doesn't give a flying fuck about the environment but pay £130 (everything inc.) a month to do 50k a year? I'd be over that like cheese on toast

That lastest advert makes me sick as well

I got in it (having only ever seen it, not been in one) and thought WTF! The big hole where the centre console is....

But yer he has everything included with the comany paying for his personal use too. I wish i had a company car. Even i would drive a prius for £130 a month, everything included , and i think they look like spaz wagons.

What makes me laugh about it is the fact the motor only works at under 28 mph, for a little period then the engine kicks in. I dont think he electric motor ever kicks in, its all motorway milage.
richc

8th Nov 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chloe16v
point being rich?

just because i said if i want to drive 100 yards to the shop i will does not mean that i do, infact the shop is alot more than 100 yards away fools

That you are lazy

chloe16v

8th Nov 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh thats ok then, that makes me just like every other person that uses there car to get from a to b then

i mean at the end of the day thats what its for, right?
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 09 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would drive the car for five yards if I wanted to and I don't need a government campaign to tell me otherwise.

My car, my life, my decision.

I think you're missing the point somewhat if you're calling Chloe or indeed me lazy. The point is, prerogative dictates what you do with your life, not public service broadcasts.
Jules S
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by GSi_16v

Not about that.

Earth creates C02 anyway, its just that Man has been producing more Co2 than the planet can remove in the last few hundred years.

tbh, in the grand scheme of things, most modern cars make minimal difference, esp when America and China are putting out millions of tonnes of C02 per year (could be billions, can't remember).

Cars are not the problem

I blame the cow sh1ts.. They produce huge amounts of C02. SHould we all kill the cows ?

I personnally believe the planet is on a natural cycle, it gets hot, it gets cold, we've had an ice age... THe problem is that we're contributing too much too quickly, hence the "speeded up" effect of global warming. Where the planet would ahve a natural cycle, the cycle has been vastly sped up.

It would happen anyway, its just happening too fast, hence the eco save the world stuff.

The world is actually cooling atm

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/articles/april2008/040408_cools_off.htm

And therein lies the problem. Too many boffins making climate models which ignore historical data that is available in order to enhance/exaggerate the results of their findings.

Houses flood in this country because we manage water badly and build houses in the wrong areas, not because of MMGW.

Oh, and I work in local government......im fully aware of how to spell it
BarnshaW

8th Nov 09 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

regardless of global warming etc, driving 100 yards to a shop IS lazy....... if you are able bodied to walk that and you feel the need to drive then your lazy.
chloe16v

8th Nov 09 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 21:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well its gonna be 200 yards
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Nov 09 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
regardless of global warming etc, driving 100 yards to a shop IS lazy....... if you are able bodied to walk that and you feel the need to drive then your lazy.
I don't think this was her point.

The freedom to decide is what is important.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » co2 22 database queries in 0.4914680 seconds