corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jaquie James

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Jaquie James
Dom

User status: Offline
10th Nov 09 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
fuck off matt, he's wrote that while driving or cooking a meal or when watching eastenders while drinking a can of lager.

prat moans about th state of the contry and then shows he has no writing skills whatsoever.

one eyes scottish idiot.

Voting BNP by any chance?
Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
fuck off matt, he's wrote that while driving or cooking a meal or when watching eastenders while drinking a can of lager.

prat moans about th state of the contry and then shows he has no writing skills whatsoever.

one eyes scottish idiot.

Whereas your writing skills are fab, you essex knob.
DannyB
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 21:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Extremely OTT, and what the fuck is going on with recording his phonecall?
Rob_Lee
Banned

10th Nov 09 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking attention.money seaking council estate whore bag.

Fuck off my telly!

its fucking awful people are dying but do you see all the other soldiers parents on the telly!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! shes on the fucking news now!
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Nov 09 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm a little late to this party but I can see her point. I told staff at Bathstore that they were disrespectful and lazy when they spelt my name wrong on the invoice. I can only imagine seeing that on a scruffy letter written in felt tip to actually just worsen the pain of losing your child unnecessarily.
MoesTavern

10th Nov 09 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

While I think it's obvious this has been blown out of proportion and the tiresomely predictable MEDIA OUTRAGE gets my goat, it's unbelievable that something like this was allowed to happen, especially with support for the PM as it is at the moment. Why was this letter not proof-read by someone?

He's just shot himself in the foot once again, The Sun are having a fucking field-day with this one. It goes without saying that any little mistake by Gordon Brown is going to be magnified x a milliion by those who want him out, it's inconcievable to me that such a PR disaster was allowed to happen.
Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, I understand that it would piss you off, but to then have a personal phonecall from the PM, which I belive was scripted by The Sun and record it. She really crossed the line there.
Ste
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think you lot are seeing the big picture here, her grievances are down to the fact her son died due to the fact he bled to death as there wasn't enough helicopters serviceable enough to get him medivac'd out and into a hospital. Most people get shunned away when they try and air their views about it, but she has cleverly used a different tact to get him on the phone and tell him how his governments cutbacks in the defence budget have directly impacted on the death of her child.

He knew full well when he signed up that he would go to war, people aren't that naive ffs! But you expect when you do end up in Allahs back yard you will have a decent back up to ensure you are as safe as possible.

I think a whole bunch of you on here need to grow the fuck up and show some respect for people who are willing to risk their lives to ensure your freedom. Even if you personally don't believe the war in afghanistan has any effect on you, they are still the people who will be fighting to keep you tucked up safe in bed at night.

I truly believe she has earned more right to be on the news than Simon Cowell and that bunch of useless wankers on X factor.

[Edited on 10-11-2009 by Ste W]

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh so he went to war in Iraq to ensure my freedom ?

I dont think a single person in this thread doesnt respect fallen soilders at all, but I cant help but feel the woman has made a slight mockery of it all, and turned it into a media affair.
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Nov 09 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dead right its a media affair. Its a clear demonstration of the fact that you actually can't console a grieving mother when her son died because of a lack of resources.
Ste
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, he is in the Army to ensure your freedom. where he goes to war isn't his choice. The media are the ones who make it a mockery. If i remember rightly, they told us a third of the worlds population would be wiped out by now by swine flu.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We all clearly have differnt views on it, none of which I think are incorrect.
Ste
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't forget, the Sun (and any other paper) are not there to print the news. They are a business and there to make money. The more stink they can kick up to sell more papers the better.

Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I dont think the papers should have recorded the converstaion or got involved with the converstation.
Ste
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you not see that a soldier is there to protect your freedom? If we had no army we would be invaded and taken over! It is down to soldiers that you still speak English today and not German!

Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont belive that half the young men in Iraq just now should be there. I dont feel that those poor lads out there are doing anything to benefit our country. I have massive resect for them dont get me wrong. I just dont think they should be there.
Ste
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lawrah
And I dont think the papers should have recorded the converstaion or got involved with the converstation.

Difficult one that, I'm in two minds about it myself. Having a media backing means it gets out into the public domain whereas if she just spoke to him and he fobbed her off, without any recording of it, she would have gained nothing.

Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ste W
quote:

Difficult one that, I'm in two minds about it myself. Having a media backing means it gets out into the public domain whereas if she just spoke to him and he fobbed her off, without any recording of it, she would have gained nothing.

You listen to the recording, its as if she is reading straight from a script. its not her own words at all. I think she deserved an appology and got it.
Ste
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont belive that half the young men in Iraq just now should be there. I dont feel that those poor lads out there are doing anything to benefit our country. I have massive resect for them dont get me wrong. I just dont think they should be there.

We actually withdrew from Iraq in April.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8026136.stm

Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry,my mistake, Afghanistan
Ian
Site Administrator

10th Nov 09 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
You listen to the recording, its as if she is reading straight from a script.
Of course she is, the same as she's got the facility in her house to record a phone call of that quality and duration at that notice.
MoesTavern

10th Nov 09 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think anyone's arguing against having armed forces, that's ridiculous. However the conflicts we are currently involved in are certainly worth discussing, what are we doing in Afghanistan again?
Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
You listen to the recording, its as if she is reading straight from a script.
Of course she is, the same as she's got the facility in her house to record a phone call of that quality and duration at that notice.

Phone me, I have the facility
Jake

10th Nov 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont belive that half the young men in Iraq just now should be there. I dont feel that those poor lads out there are doing anything to benefit our country

its not just a fight in afghan though, they're fighting over there to stop terrorists in this country aswell
Lawrah
Premium Member

10th Nov 09 at 22:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
quote:
I dont belive that half the young men in Iraq just now should be there. I dont feel that those poor lads out there are doing anything to benefit our country

its not just a fight in afghan though, they're fighting over there to stop terrorists in this country aswell

I dont belive they are, and that is my opinion.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Jaquie James 23 database queries in 0.0167670 seconds