corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Highest paying non-skilled jobs?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Highest paying non-skilled jobs?
AlunJ

User status: Offline
24th Nov 09 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the right jobs, the railway pays well. It's not unheard of to walk in off the street with next to no qualifications and earn 40k ish as a driver... but it's hard to get in obviously. I only have 2 A Levels, I'm only on the platforms earning 16k basic but theres plenty of opportunity to earn a lot more when the jobs come up in my area. Worth a look
flybikeslee

24th Nov 09 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

postman pays well
Kano

24th Nov 09 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by flybikeslee
postman pays well

Urban myth.. Its actually pretty poor paid considering being out in all weathers etc..
Jake

24th Nov 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
They charge £1.50 around here, they must make a fair bit, imagine how many you could do in a day.

one pound fifty a house? you would have to do 150 houses a day to make it worth your while for a two way split then you would have overheads on top of that?

that is a shit wage
alan-g-w

24th Nov 09 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've considered sorting office jobs with Royal Mail, they take on christmas temps don't they?
flybikeslee

24th Nov 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
quote:
postman pays well

Urban myth.. Its actually pretty poor paid considering being out in all weathers etc..

i know a lad on £11, hes in the sorting office most days too, and hes a retard
AlunJ

24th Nov 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
I've considered sorting office jobs with Royal Mail, they take on christmas temps don't they?

yeah shed loads of overtime from what I've heard as well. A mate of mine once did it non stop for a few days... was minted at the end but f**k that for a laugh
DannyB
Premium Member

24th Nov 09 at 16:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I may have the price wrong then that does seem pretty cheap thinking about it.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

24th Nov 09 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i work in a factory start on about £8

ive been here 5 years working nights im on £11 plus night shift rate of £2
Dione J

24th Nov 09 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adge
thats fantastic money workin on doors, might look into that, once i pu ton a stone or two haha
Fantastic money, but horrible hours!

But great eye-candy and girls all over ya
sand-eel

24th Nov 09 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apply for graduate jobs in mechanical engineering, most of the time you need a year or more experience even though its a fucking graduate job.
All Torque

24th Nov 09 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supermarket night shift. They employ proper flids in my store, I did a night shift once and it wasn't too bad. No customers in your way if you do saturday nights. Include sunday premium into that and you'll be making about £14 an hour I think.
fir3vip3r

24th Nov 09 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
postman pays well

not an urban myth, i was a postie on over 20k... thats awesome pay for a very unskilled job
Matty SRi

24th Nov 09 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake
quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
They charge £1.50 around here, they must make a fair bit, imagine how many you could do in a day.

one pound fifty a house? you would have to do 150 houses a day to make it worth your while for a two way split then you would have overheads on top of that?

that is a shit wage

Im a window cleaner myself, working for someone at the moment, i take away half of wat i do in a week... have a set target of £210 a week, do that, get a £10 bonus.
Normally average around £400 a week, so £210 for me... Not the best but isnt bad considering i only work 9 - 11:30 have lunch break, then back to work at 1 - 3:45 also i can pick and choose when i want to work.

Hopefully be buying my own round shortly after xmas and getting up on the ladder
daymoon
Premium Member

24th Nov 09 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

factory/warehouse jobs....

Know some one who started at 5.50 p/h(two years ago) then few months later got offered a perm job at 8 odd quid an hour.. did 7 days of 12 hour shifts and got 600 odd quid after taxes....
--DAN--

24th Nov 09 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started as a Factory Operative 10 years ago as a 6 week summer job before I was due to go to University.

At the time I started on £4.10 an hour and overtime was unlimited, 10 years later i'm still here and now managing 400-500 people and earning what I would call a pretty high salary. There's no shame in starting in a factory and they are always looking to develop the existing workforce and promote from within. You may even find that a position arises for a fitter and you could apply internally.

I've got loads of factory ops earning 600 plus a week and supervisors on far more, it just depends if you want the work. You usually find you can have a good laugh in a factory envirnment as well.
Cavey

24th Nov 09 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
quote:
postman pays well

not an urban myth, i was a postie on over 20k... thats awesome pay for a very unskilled job

I was gonna suggest Postie. I'm on £8.76 an hour, pretty good for the hours I do really. Got paid for 49 hrs last week, £460 before tax
alan-g-w

24th Nov 09 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the replies everyone, given me plenty of food for thought. sand-eel, what do you mean by graduate jobs in mech eng?
Adge

24th Nov 09 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --DAN--
I started as a Factory Operative 10 years ago as a 6 week summer job before I was due to go to University.

At the time I started on £4.10 an hour and overtime was unlimited, 10 years later i'm still here and now managing 400-500 people and earning what I would call a pretty high salary. There's no shame in starting in a factory and they are always looking to develop the existing workforce and promote from within. You may even find that a position arises for a fitter and you could apply internally.

I've got loads of factory ops earning 600 plus a week and supervisors on far more, it just depends if you want the work. You usually find you can have a good laugh in a factory envirnment as well.

wat kind of work is that?
--DAN--

24th Nov 09 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prepared Foods/Poultry.
Adge

24th Nov 09 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iam in a similar position bt its alot smaller company, so dnt knw wat to do next

well dun with that dan
Nismo

24th Nov 09 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bin man, pays very well down here, bout £8-10 per hour.
--DAN--

24th Nov 09 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adge
iam in a similar position bt its alot smaller company, so dnt knw wat to do next

well dun with that dan

Cheers mate, what type of business are you in?
AndyKent

24th Nov 09 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Bin man, pays very well down here, bout £8-10 per hour.

But if you're anything like my mate you only work 7 til 12, so only £50 before tax per day max.

Not exactly well paid. Not bad, but not great either.
DizzyRebel

24th Nov 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Window cleaner would be your best bet. Target residential areas, charge £5 a house. takes 10 minutes to do one house. so 6 houses an hour = £30ph which isnt a bad wage.

Rarely anyone will get 10-20 quid an hour being on the doors. Most unexperience people get paid around £6-£7 an hour around here. Only the head doormen of the biggest clubs get anywhere near £20 ph.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Highest paying non-skilled jobs? 22 database queries in 0.3176188 seconds