corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!

Poll: Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!
  I use my mobile phone while driving
  I never use my mobile phone while driving

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again!
daymoon
Premium Member

User status: Offline
11th Dec 09 at 11:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have bluetooth thing... but dont makee calls when driving... if some one calls me i tell them to call back in 2 mins... turn on bluetooth and i am sorted. never text though.
corsa120

11th Dec 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am SHOCKED AT how many people said they use it...... seriously all of you are nothing but a bunch of selfish inconsiderate people, i know we always say what might happen blah blah blah! but trust me your time is coming tommorow or 3 years away..... AND IF YOU HIT ME cos of a silly txt and im not unconcious or dead YOU WILL BE LOL!

im am completely honest i do not use my phone in the car or at work ITS SIMPLE YOU DONT NEED IT!
I even got my mrs into the frame of mind to pull over or simply wait....

people these days are so pathetic about phones constant txting txting txting FOR WHAT? WHAT ARE YOU ACTUALLY SAYING WHICH CANT WAIT?

this post should be forwarded onto the police as youtube video's are

i only just missed a car the other day because i sneezed

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by corsa120]
mwg

11th Dec 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Internetz police have landed
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

& THERE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John

11th Dec 09 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time of the month corsa120?

I'm off out this afternoon to go speeding past a school while talking on 2 mobiles at the same time.
mwg

11th Dec 09 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
this post should be forwarded onto the police as youtube video's are

Good luck with that one
mwg

11th Dec 09 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Time of the month corsa120?

I'm off out this afternoon to go speeding past a school while talking on 2 mobiles at the same time.

He's forwarding that post to the police as we speak
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kangaroo court here I come
Whittie

11th Dec 09 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
anyone ever had abuse off people because you're on your phone? I had some guy get out of his car before while we were in slow moving traffic cause I was on mine

Someone went mental at me once in London, I was only leaning at the time aswell, wasn't even on the phone
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said, talking on the phone isnt a problem usually, its just ive seen too many folk swerving about & pulling daft last minute maneuvers for no other reason that there line of site has been directed towards the ground while they stealth text some bint.

Again this will be the minority, most folk have the skillz to multi-task & will say I can do all sorts safely.

So, I see your talking on the phone while driving & raise you eating a 16" pizza out a box while driving barefoot.....now that is hard!! BUT IS IT ILLEGAL

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by Colin]
Marc

11th Dec 09 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
& THERE OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If someone went into me cause he or she was on his phone I'd just be telling them that they are going to be fixing my car on their insurance
Half Pint

11th Dec 09 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

see lots of badgers doing this in London every day and some have the capacity to drive and others have no ability at all.

It all comes down to those who present the biggest risk and cause massive accidents, I cannot count the number of times I have nearly been tipped off my bike by badgers on the phone.
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely you are the biggest risk on the road Tony, darting in and out of London rush hour traffic on a hairdryer?
John

11th Dec 09 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There should be a law that if you hit a bike it's the bike's fault, under all circumstances.
willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh now you've done it John.
djmattyh

11th Dec 09 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i only do it at night or on a very quiet road. if i'm driving in town i wont use it.
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
If someone went into me cause he or she was on his phone I'd just be telling them that they are going to be fixing my car on their insurance

So, if they wrote off your pride & joy & you stood to loose out, just because some retard was texting mother asking what was for tea that night, you wouldnt consider Vinny Jones'ing them with their own door?

Im not sure I could keep calm.
corsa120

11th Dec 09 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i guess its always the same nobody likes being told the truth!

the answers you get as usual sarcasm

thanks colin

all im gonna say is i lost a best friend 3 years ago because of a women on the phone and i almost lost my brother and mother on their way to get a passport and a business rep of somesort was on the phone and tried to overtake a lorry and caused it to jack knife into my brother............

see you brother on a life support and come back and give me the same answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

willay
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If they denied everything that I'm sure something would have to be done to prove it, not exactly violence but theres plenty of ways to prove it I would imagine... witnesses, CCTV (as its fucking EVERYWHERE!), telephone records which the police can get quite easily I would imagine if it involved giving someone points, they would be all over it.

I had to convince a taxi driver on Saturday he was in the wrong for reversing into my car cause we were both stationary and he then decided to reverse without looking in his mirrors, I even tooted my horn. Irish cunt.
Colin

11th Dec 09 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

People should just get meaqns tested on their abilities tbh, theres a wide spectrum of skill out there & tbh some of the mongs ive had the displeasure of meeting in this life time who have the same rights as myself shouldnt be allowed past licking the back window never mind driving a car with a phone attached to the chubby side of their face!!

Giving a monkey a gun comes to mind.
Ojc

11th Dec 09 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What the problem is here and Tony has raised it already is that the majority of idiots on the road have difficulty driving without distraction, throw a mobile into the mix and it's a receipe for disaster.

If my phone goes I put it on loud speaker, I don't see why people hold their phones to their faces you don't need to?

[Edited on 11-12-2009 by Ojc]
VegasPhil
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm deaf as a post, can never hear it when it's on that shitty speaker, always cuts out so I only get half words.

Especially when the engine is being ragged, seatbelt beeper etc. It's too noisy!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Toby
Premium Member

11th Dec 09 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think points are bit excessive i mean i feel that talking on the phone at times is not as bad as having someone in the car as you tend to look at ther person etc plus if you only have one arm does that you mean you are a poor driver?
Luckily i have bluetooth and voice cotnrol so am ok now

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Using your mobile while driving - its getting popular again! 23 database queries in 0.0170429 seconds