corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People driving at night with no lights on...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author People driving at night with no lights on...
neil h

User status: Offline
16th Dec 09 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Amazed me last weekend, the amount of people driving in the fog with no lights on. Bizarrely it seemed to be alot of silver cars aswell.
Joe

16th Dec 09 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its easy to do in some cars, my dials are always lit and my headlights are fucking toss.
richc

16th Dec 09 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Andy Stocker
quote:
Originally posted by All Torque
I've had two near misses in the past week due to this. It can't be all places, Milton Keynes is a well lit place in general so I guess its easy to leave the multi-storey carparks without realising you've no lights on, but Jesus Christ

How can you forget to turn them on?? Especially when your dash won't be lit up either...

[/Rage]

My dials are lit up whether my lights are on or not

Was gonna say astra mk5 are like it
Shell
Premium Member

16th Dec 09 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done this a few times when I first passed my test Quickly realised though.
antnee

16th Dec 09 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did it a few times with the yellow Ibiza, as the dash lit up all the time, so a few times coming out of asda and along a few roads until it was dark I didn't realise, once drove past a traffic copper and they didn't do anything!
martinlird

16th Dec 09 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
Amazed me last weekend, the amount of people driving in the fog with no lights on. Bizarrely it seemed to be alot of silver cars aswell.

those silver cars are glow in the dark though so yano, their excempt

i have done it a couple of times, but mainly when it was the switch over from driving home in the light, then it getting darker
Chris x

16th Dec 09 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The handbrake and lights come on automatically in my Dads car.

He was driving my Mums car a few weekends back with no lights on in the dark as he is use to them coming on automatically. Then got out the car and it started rolling down the hill due to the handbrake
Ian W

16th Dec 09 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Its easy to do in some cars, my dials are always lit and my headlights are fucking toss.

Seconded, worst xenons ever
AlunJ

16th Dec 09 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done it once when I first passed my test lol, not forgotten since. What bugs me more is people leaving indicators on :@
Graham88

17th Dec 09 at 03:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't say I've ever done it, the first thing I do before setting off is turn the lights on as I can't see the clocks. Fair enough to people who have fancy clocks that stay on all the time but most cars don't have this and I see it pretty much everytime I go out now

A new one today was an Ambulance sitting in traffic with the blues on, I figured he'd forgot to turn them off so waved at him to turn them off, he waved back , then realised and gave me a thumbs up, my good deed for the day
cjohnson

17th Dec 09 at 06:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I drive with lights on in the day most of the time so there's no chance of me forgetting!
dannymccann

17th Dec 09 at 07:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes this is infuriating, but so are the people who drive in the fog with sidelights on.

As are the people who drive around in no fog with fog lights on.

As are the people who leave indicators on.

As are the people who slow down / stop at roundabouts for no reason when its clear.

As are the people who just cannot understand what an indicator is for.

As are the tossers that fuck about in the morning stalling at busy junctions and traffic light sections.

As are the amount of fuckwits going around with unbelievably low levels of pressure in their tyres.

As are the lorries that seem to want to deliver things in the rush hour.

As is the c-unit that let me out of a junction then forget / acted the fool wouldnt let me out in the end

As are the people who sit in the middle of 2 lanes with no indicator on so god only knows which fucking way they want to go - usually the same way as me cutting me up as we move along

And 100 million other things no doubt that annoy me about the morning commute to work, have to say on the way back 430 these problems dont really exist for some reason
Ben G

17th Dec 09 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've done it once. purely because there were so many lights on the street it didn't look dark at all.

my dash lights are on 24-7 so doesn't matter whether my headlights are on or off.

hate people who drive around at dusk without them on though. what are they trying to prove? it's near enough to night as you can get yet they still think people can see them.
shaunmods
Premium Member

17th Dec 09 at 12:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've done it a few times in the corsa I soon realise though when I go to look at the speedo. Drive with my lights on most of the time now its getting darker though
MJFF88

17th Dec 09 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Automatic lights & windscreen wipers

I'm gonna struggle when I change to a non-lazy car which does everything for me
ed

17th Dec 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do this, saves the bulbs wearing out.
A2H GO

17th Dec 09 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Yes this is infuriating, but so are the people who drive in the fog with sidelights on.

As are the people who drive around in no fog with fog lights on.

As are the people who leave indicators on.

As are the people who slow down / stop at roundabouts for no reason when its clear.

As are the people who just cannot understand what an indicator is for.

As are the tossers that fuck about in the morning stalling at busy junctions and traffic light sections.

As are the amount of fuckwits going around with unbelievably low levels of pressure in their tyres.

As are the lorries that seem to want to deliver things in the rush hour.

As is the c-unit that let me out of a junction then forget / acted the fool wouldnt let me out in the end

As are the people who sit in the middle of 2 lanes with no indicator on so god only knows which fucking way they want to go - usually the same way as me cutting me up as we move along

And 100 million other things no doubt that annoy me about the morning commute to work, have to say on the way back 430 these problems dont really exist for some reason

I agree with every one of them points and seem to encounter them most days. It seems that the quality of driving is slowly detiorating as more and more cars are coming on the road. I know as my mrs has been driving 3 years and shes worse now than when she was when she passed.

Other annoying points to mention:

People who seem to brake for no apparent reason, then indicate at the last miniute and turn off.

People who take forever to turn into a junction off a busy road

People who drive at 40mph in a 60 then continue at 40mph through a 30 zone.

Finally, people who just drive too slow in general, more dangerous than speeding IMO, it causes people to become impatient and take risks/overtake etc. You know the ones as they all drive window licker buses like the Fiat Multipla, Daewoo Matiz.

[Edited on 17-12-2009 by CorsAsh-Sport]
nathy_87

17th Dec 09 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Switch lights on start of journey wheather it's day or night. Simples.
Graham88

17th Dec 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I do this, saves the bulbs wearing out.

Thing is I can imagine alot of people actually have this view, saving energy, the planet etc etc!
Fad

17th Dec 09 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh joys or auto lights....

Just means I forget them when driving my mums car
Scotty_B

17th Dec 09 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

That's the problem especially when you exit well lit multi storeys at night you just forget. No excuse but easily done.
All Torque

17th Dec 09 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As a general rule I put my lights on evern if theres a bit of drizzle or its early morning. Its all about letting people see you easier, even if its just sidelights. Maybe thats just me, driving a silver car and all...
ed

17th Dec 09 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorSRi_BT
quote:

That's the problem especially when you exit well lit multi storeys at night you just forget. No excuse but easily done.
It's a good excuse, it shows that the designers have fucked up in the ergonomics department.
X16XE.Adam

17th Dec 09 at 16:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate it, ive had a people carrier come up behind me before without their lights on, i sit there flicking the lights on and off, hazards, the lot, but some people just dont get the idea ! Its pointless even trying, maybe when they have an acident they will realise

Ash_EP3

17th Dec 09 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny you should say this, was behind an old chap in an astra last night who was driving without his lights on... loads of people were flashing him - I pulled along side and turned my lights on and off and he didn't even realise

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » People driving at night with no lights on... 22 database queries in 0.0147290 seconds