corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hughes out at City, Roberto Mancini in

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hughes out at City, Roberto Mancini in
MatthewR

User status: Offline
20th Dec 09 at 03:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he will, awful manager
Rick Draper

20th Dec 09 at 16:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Silly going for Mancini, they should have went for Moyes or O'Neill who both would have them challenging for the title with some decent money to spend.

What 2 managers the same caliber as Hughes with little or no money, give them monies to spend and epic fail will ensue.
Eck
Premium Member

20th Dec 09 at 19:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you kidding? Moyes and O'Neill are a far higher calibre of manager than Hughes.
Rick Draper

20th Dec 09 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Are you kidding? Moyes and O'Neill are a far higher calibre of manager than Hughes.

Where? Show me there credentials? O'Neil won at celtic iirc, but its north of the border and football is not real up there.

Show me the last time either had £15+ million to spend on one player and bought well As i thought tbh neither has been in that position and nether ever will. Moyes or O'Neil will never be trusted at any of the bigger clubs.

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by Rick Draper]
Limecat
Banned

20th Dec 09 at 23:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rick. You ARE talking shit.

O'Neill hasn't exactly had a tiny budget, granted it doesn't have any £30m players in there but you don't follow football much if you think he hasn't had a good level of backing (same as Moyes TBH).

O'Neill is a top manager and what makes me absolutely PISS MYSELF is that you are a Liverpool fan talking about other managers not spending £15m+ plus well.

Ironic or what?

Aquilani you sodding trumpet!

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by LETGSI16V]
mwg

20th Dec 09 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V

You are forgetting he has single handedly turned their season around.... oh wait
Rick Draper

20th Dec 09 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LETGSI16V
Rick. You ARE talking shit.

O'Neill hasn't exactly had a tiny budget, granted it doesn't have any £30m players in there but you don't follow football much if you think he hasn't had a good level of backing (same as Moyes TBH).

O'Neill is a top manager and what makes me absolutely PISS MYSELF is that you are a Liverpool fan talking about other managers not spending £15m+ plus well.

Ironic or what?

[Edited on 20-12-2009 by LETGSI16V]

Aquaman cost £5m upfront and the rest spread over 3 years iirc. It was a gamble but with no money you have to take gambles.

Torres bought for £20M now worth £60M+ fuck thats a bad buy, Alonso £10M sold for £30M etc etc. Fuck me they are 2 terrible buys to name a few.

O'Neill has not ever proven himself with money so therefore will imho never get a chance at a large club. Same with Moyes, good with no cash but potentially shit with lots. Look at Wenger, he never spends large amounts of money and over achieves far beyond either of the above mentioned managers and has done season after season. Look at Villa last year, top 4 then they capitulated and ended the season on a huge low.
Carl

21st Dec 09 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are talking crap, O'neil is a shit hot manager. Also how many managers do get the chance to spend a lot, not many, and the ones that do often don't prove themselves. There as to be a first time at some point.
Eck
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 00:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait... "Good with no cash, but potentially shit with lots"...THAT is your theory on why they won't be big managers!?
strick206

21st Dec 09 at 00:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Aquaman cost £5m upfront and the rest spread over 3 years iirc. It was a gamble but with no money you have to take gambles.

Torres bought for £20M now worth £60M+ fuck thats a bad buy, Alonso £10M sold for £30M etc etc. Fuck me they are 2 terrible buys to name a few.

Robbie Keane?
Ryan Babel?

And there is no possible way i believe roma allowed you to pay just 5 million up front

You liverpool fans are amazing, everyone you sell you add 20% on, and anyone you buy costs an easter egg up front and the rest in installments

Stop kidding yourself
Rick Draper

21st Dec 09 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
quote:

Robbie Keane?
Ryan Babel?

And there is no possible way i believe roma allowed you to pay just 5 million up front

You liverpool fans are amazing, everyone you sell you add 20% on, and anyone you buy costs an easter egg up front and the rest in installments

Stop kidding yourself

Babel was £12m max, Keane was a Coco buy, everyone knows that. Look at the AS Roma publications on there site, its there for everyone to see.

[Edited on 21-12-2009 by Rick Draper]
Rick Draper

21st Dec 09 at 02:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
You are talking crap, O'neil is a shit hot manager. Also how many managers do get the chance to spend a lot, not many, and the ones that do often don't prove themselves. There as to be a first time at some point.

How is he shit hot? WTF has he done to be classed as shit hot? As far as i can see he has done fuckall in the league to warrant the "SHIT HOT" tag.
Rick Draper

21st Dec 09 at 02:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Wait... "Good with no cash, but potentially shit with lots"...THAT is your theory on why they won't be big managers!?

Show me one club in the top 4 that would go for either of them? Why were City not knocking on there doors? why did Chelsea not go for them? Why did England not take one of them? Because they are not good enough. Hence City have gone for Mancini who is less of a risk as he has managed on the big stage and WON things. That last bit is kind of important. Its also why Jose, Frank Rijkaard and Guus Hiddink are constantly linked with big clubs in the UK.
Rick Draper

21st Dec 09 at 02:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

O BTW and as this is my thread you should all value the fact everyone has a opinion and lucky we are not all like yourself
Eck
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 02:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And you didn't do the same as I did? I questioned your opinion much like you questioned someone else's
strick206

21st Dec 09 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

O'Neill is a good manager

Breaking into the top 4 without spending 200million is almost impossible

He would certainly make better buys than that waiter you have at the minute

The thing that all the managers you name have is a big name, and it's hard to get started in football now.
Nath

21st Dec 09 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lets not forget what Oneil and Moyes done at Leicester and Preston too!
whitter45

21st Dec 09 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Lets not forget what Oneil and Moyes done at Leicester and Preston too!

mwg

21st Dec 09 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That press conference got a bit shitty
strick206

21st Dec 09 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope brian kidd falls on a spike as well now going to that shite after years with us
Hammer

21st Dec 09 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Silly going for Mancini, they should have went for Moyes or O'Neill who both would have them challenging for the title with some decent money to spend.

What 2 managers the same caliber as Hughes with little or no money, give them monies to spend and epic fail will ensue.

Everton have been in the top 4 under Moyes and Villa will be in and about it again this season, if you gave both money to spend then surely they'd do better, nah?

Both managers turn good players into excellent ones; Young, Cahill, Pienaar, Milner etc etc etc
strick206

21st Dec 09 at 18:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes and rafa turns good players into shit

keane, babel
Nath

21st Dec 09 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I hope brian kidd falls on a spike as well now going to that shite after years with us

He's been shit everywhere else too. I don't get why people keep hiring him.
Cosmo

21st Dec 09 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

TBH its true, direct from Roma who had to release the figure. Go to their website and search for news stories the date we signed him and you'll find it for yourself.

BTW - how did this turn in to a Rafa bashing thread without be even being in here
Nath

21st Dec 09 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still adds up to £20million of whatever though.

Rafa is a joke tbh. What a retard.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Hughes out at City, Roberto Mancini in 23 database queries in 0.0139210 seconds