corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » im snowed in at work.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author im snowed in at work.
Graeme
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Dec 09 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nearly got stuck at the GYM, its up a 2 mile road that isnt gritted and on a steep downward slope!

On my way home i had to go up a hill, was met by a car rolling back down towards my car so went round him and on the fresh snow it was ok but if u went on others tracks it was so slippers, just made it up but i could feel the front wheels twitching badly!

[Edited on 21-12-2009 by Graeme]
_Allan_

21st Dec 09 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still there Ryzer?, you'll be packing your toothbrush to work next week
saj_123

21st Dec 09 at 22:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ryzer
yup. Bracknell where i work is just completely dead, mate of mine just went for a walk to see, he said it was soo quiet and eerie, but everyone had shut their engines down.

i wonder what i can get from the vending machine to sustain me.

Yea i live in Bracknell and i just got out of town in time before the roads became packed. Roads are not gritted either, was going sideways most of the time.

[Edited on 21-12-2009 by saj_123]
Ojc

21st Dec 09 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UN FUCKING BELIEVEABLE

I went out at lunch at 1pm, went to the bank then on the way back to work it started coming down and traffic ground to a halt, I sat in the car and done 2.3 miles in 4 hours around Caversham.

I've left the Polo in a car park and walked to my mates then walked home.

So basically walked from Reading town centre to my house in the snow, just got in.

Rach had it even worse.

She started work at 8am, the last kid at her nursery got picked up at 22.30 and her and another had to wait until the kid got picked up.

They can fuck off if they think I'm going to work in the morning, I've just walked my journey to work in the road and it's an ice rink.

SNOW IS A SHITCUNT
ryzer

21st Dec 09 at 23:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking ridiculous, (sp) got in at half nine, took nearly 50 mins, clear but sooooo icy, could only go 20 tops as i was worried i wasnt going to stop! its just sheet ice, a colleague of mine left brackers at 15:10 and only got to cemetary junction in reading at quarter past 10. seven hours. madness
Cavey

21st Dec 09 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And I get pissed off at it taking me 20 mins to drive the 1.5 miles home from work.

Can't imagine how depressing it must be to take that long to do a simple trip!
Ojc

21st Dec 09 at 23:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where were the gritters? Surely they knew this was going to happen?

No snow ploughs and nothing.

It's sheet ice out there and I've still got to get the car home somehow.
atz_49

21st Dec 09 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here in Tamworth (Midlands, not far from Birmingham) there's no absolutely no snow. All roads functioning completely as normal. In fact it raining at the moment. It's beena typical grey December day. Hard to believe other parts have it so bad!
antnee

21st Dec 09 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you southern pansies afford gritters?
Ojc

21st Dec 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's beyond that now, ts a good 8 to 10" of snow out there and roads are sheet ice as it's not got above freezing for a week.
Cosmo

21st Dec 09 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gritters dont really do much with snow does it? Not thick snow anyway.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 23:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate was stuck on the m40 between high wycombe and beaconsfield for ages, i saw on the news that john lewis high wycome was letting people in for food, so phoned him and he's on his way there now, tis crazy, my mrs has just got in, finished work at six, waited till 8 as was dead lock and only just got to maidenhead. i havent seen one gritter

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Graeme
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 23:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A friend of mine is a on call gritter driver (main job being farner) and he has been out every night here. Gets paid a fortune but says its not doing a great job as is sitting on the top of snow or ice.

Alot of snow here now and really hard to get out my street, worse part for me is that at the end of the street where its a T junction, at the oposite side to the junction where you stop is a 6 foot ditch, can see people ending up in there soon.
micra_pete
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 23:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

listen to you southerners fucking moaning, if this snows falls up north do you know what changes. Nothing at all, we just get on with it. Why? because we aren't southern.
ryzer

21st Dec 09 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its bizarre, it was just pure ice, cars couldnt move anywhere there is a really steep hill to the left of the entrance to my work, and you need to get up said massive hill to get towards reading and the M4, so that was most of the problem. but i cant see it being any better tomorrow morning so balls to going in tomorrow.
Hammer

21st Dec 09 at 23:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it snows and you grit the roads then it snows again a few hours later surely there's not a lot you can do? I was thinking this earlier on when the roads were clear and it started snowing again. The traffic went from going 70 to 20 in the space of 30 seconds.
ryzer

21st Dec 09 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
listen to you southerners fucking moaning, if this snows falls up north do you know what changes. Nothing at all, we just get on with it. Why? because we aren't southern.

you are quite right, nothing changes, as not many people work up north.

[/flamesuit on]
micra_pete
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 23:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair cop
Ojc

21st Dec 09 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Come down here right now and deal with it.
daymoon
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 23:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

snow? what snow? abit of ice but thats it
Tomnova16
Premium Member

21st Dec 09 at 23:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:

Come down here right now and deal with it.

i was thinkin the same

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
micra_pete
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 00:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

meant in jest loves.

looks rough.

[Edited on 22-12-2009 by micra_pete]
antnee

22nd Dec 09 at 00:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely if the gritters were out before it snowed, so the road is just wet, then keep going while its snowing it should be fine? They do that around here and we have no problems!! Saw gritters go past work 4 times between 5 and 9!!
Ojc

22nd Dec 09 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not seen a single gritted since 1pm but then if they had gone out on the roads they would have been stuck as well.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

22nd Dec 09 at 00:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did you lot not have hours of pissing down rain before the snow came?

We had that, must have just washed the salt away.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » im snowed in at work. 23 database queries in 0.6184440 seconds