corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Saxos

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Saxos
Brian

User status: Offline
29th Dec 09 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lwigmore
quote:
Originally posted by Brian
id like a vts tbh but at 21 a vtr makes more sence insurance wise

Just look around for insurance mate, i'm 20 and got insured fully comp on my VTS

how much is it costing you to insure if you dont mind me asking? and cheers for the replys, im just going to have a look at gavins thread just now
LeeM

29th Dec 09 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i loved mine, its just been written off

never let me down as a vtr, vts engines are a bit more prone to sensor problems.
minicity

29th Dec 09 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2ud
gavin18787
Premium Member

29th Dec 09 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try admaril mate i was 21 when the policy was started 400 fully comp all mods declared

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Bonney

29th Dec 09 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good cars for hooning around in. Would have another one.

Heres a few pics of mine.

I had a bit of trouble with mine, The power steering packed in, The rear radius arm bearings went along with the gearbox. But they are some of the common problems with them.
lwigmore

29th Dec 09 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lwigmore
quote:
id like a vts tbh but at 21 a vtr makes more sence insurance wise

Just look around for insurance mate, i'm 20 and got insured fully comp on my VTS

how much is it costing you to insure if you dont mind me asking? and cheers for the replys, im just going to have a look at gavins thread just now

Nah thats fine dude, i'm with bell insurance, 600 quid fully comp with 2 years no claims and all mods declared
steve_turbo

30th Dec 09 at 00:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be ready to change either a gearbox or two or few driveshafts they eat them for fun.
Oh and dont ever crash one the crumple zones work very well at very low speeds so a 10-20 mph crash looks like you where doing 40-50mph.
ChrisBoom

30th Dec 09 at 00:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was insuring my 106 Gti at 18 for £780 FC. Had a VTS for a while, it was a donor car though, think it was £69 for the cover note for the month, im sure the VTS is a higher group than the GTIs though.

Engines are solid IMO, gearboxes are very soft, as are the shafts and wheel bearings.

Suspension wise, drop links, top mounts tend to go once its been lowered. Back axle bearings are common too.

Saxo I had:

Dont think ive got a photo of it in one peice

Engine ended up in this, which I found MUCH more fun than both the VTS and GTI.

Oh yeah, and the standard brakes are pretty horrible, I have 306 GTi6 283mm brakes to go on my current XSI.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Saxos 23 database queries in 0.1965618 seconds