corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C's compared with Corsa B's

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C's compared with Corsa B's
harrisp

User status: Offline
20th Jan 10 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My corsa B interior looks nothing like that though (standard)

Corsa Cs a ball ache to work on soo much easier than a B.
N3CRO

20th Jan 10 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
if you really want a grande punto then get one deano.

no point buying a car you don't want.

Exactly. I'd like a 1.4SRi but even if I could afford one, I'd still getta Punto GT.
neil h

20th Jan 10 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? Found my B much easier to work on than the C, even stuff like taking the door cards off is a complete faff 'cus its all held together with hundreds of those shitty lil trim clips.
harrisp

20th Jan 10 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by neil h
Really? Found my B much easier to work on than the C, even stuff like taking the door cards off is a complete faff 'cus its all held together with hundreds of those shitty lil trim clips.

I meant the engine, there is so much room in the engine bay of my gfs C sxi compared to Bs especially my sport.
neil h

20th Jan 10 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah but you wait till you have 2 change one of the sidelight bulbs, or the inevitable indicator relay failure. Then you'll learn
Joe

20th Jan 10 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87

Pffff, no I won't, I don't think. . .unless I can pick one up for £35 tax. In my budget £4k, you're looking at 04 plates on £120 tax. Plus they'll have more miles on and cost a bit more than the 1.4 16v equivalent. I only do 15k miles per year, so derv isn't that beneficial.

I

Would you really not buy a car because its £85 more a year to tax it though?! Whats £85 over a year?

The C interior is nicer but the B one feels more solid but mainly because its all just dated solid plastic. Take a drive of one Dean, I would take the C over a Grande Punto personally. Not a fan of them at all. That said I'd rather drive a Corsa B than a C if I had to choose one for nothing.
Daveskater
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by harrisp
quote:
Originally posted by neil h

I meant the engine, there is so much room in the engine bay of my gfs C sxi compared to Bs especially my sport.
That said, he's going from a 12v. You can practically get a person in the bay of a 12v

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
deano87

20th Jan 10 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Would you really not buy a car because its £85 more a year to tax it though?! Whats £85 over a year?

The main reason is that the petrols in either 1.4 SXi or SRi trim are on about £40k in my budget, and on budget. The dervs are mostly 50k+ mileage and a bit more expensive. Would take ages to reap the benefits. That said I heard the 1.3 is a better drive than the petrol

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
The C interior is nicer but the B one feels more solid but mainly because its all just dated solid plastic. Take a drive of one Dean, I would take the C over a Grande Punto personally. Not a fan of them at all. That said I'd rather drive a Corsa B than a C if I had to choose one for nothing.

What is better about a C over a Grande Punto?
pow
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No diesel is a better drive than the petrol equivalant, take that from a diesel driver of 3 years.

The ONLY C I would buy is the Exclusiv and they fall into the 4k budget.

Get buying.

Have you driven a GP?
John

20th Jan 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 1.3 diesel is a far better drive than the 1.2 petrol in the C (and the D imo)
pow
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh the Z12XE (and the Z10XE) engines are awful, but the 1.4 twinports are niceeeeeee for a 1.4
Joe

20th Jan 10 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right fair enough, personally I'd write the CDTi off anyway. I'm really not a fan and after a few miles they can end up costing a fortune.

I just think the C is nicer, it is older and possibly not as exciting to drive but you could get a nicer looking Corsa than the Punto. Again just personal opinion.

You'd be best driving a couple and seeing what you think, but we know what your like Deano, you're just one of lifes worriers
deano87

20th Jan 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
No diesel is a better drive than the petrol equivalant, take that from a diesel driver of 3 years.

Better drive in terms of 0-60 performance, or long slogs on the motorway? I need a decent motorway car tbh. My journey to work is 2 minutes to the motorway, motorway for 20 minutes then 30 seconds off the motorway, and that is it.

AA badge and towbar = grandad

Joe

20th Jan 10 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Oh the Z12XE (and the Z10XE) engines are awful, but the 1.4 twinports are niceeeeeee for a 1.4

I don't see how the 1.2 is awful, yeah the 1.0 is slow but again not awful. Its a 1.0 3 cylinder its not going to be quick ever. The 1.2 is spot on for a run about.
pow
Premium Member

20th Jan 10 at 22:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exclusiv, exlusiv, exclusiv (repeat to fade)
neil h

20th Jan 10 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 1.4TP seems to have a really odd engine note aswell, actually sounds half reasonable rather than like the bag of nails rattle you get in most others.
deano87

20th Jan 10 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Ah right fair enough, personally I'd write the CDTi off anyway. I'm really not a fan and after a few miles they can end up costing a fortune.

I just think the C is nicer, it is older and possibly not as exciting to drive but you could get a nicer looking Corsa than the Punto. Again just personal opinion.

You'd be best driving a couple and seeing what you think, but we know what your like Deano, you're just one of lifes worriers

Very true

I do think the 1.4 16v Sporting Grande Punto's are much nicer looking though:

I just don't want to drive one as the 12v will drive me more insane.

pow - 1.4 Exclusiv's in decent condition are getting rarer due to their age. And not all within £4k, more £5k.

You lot are going to make me get a Corsa C aren't you, you gits

[Edited on 20-01-2010 by deano87]
Joe

20th Jan 10 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That does look nice to be fair. Get a Punto or you will never be quite happy with it.
neil h

20th Jan 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate of mines just sold his Punto, and in all honesty the interior was much nicer than my C. The a pillars seemed a bit on the chunky side though so they kinda restricted the field of vision a lil.
deano87

20th Jan 10 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will regret the Corsa if I buy one on a whim, unless it's a decent bargain Exclusiv.

Best get saving and a better temperament to put up with the 12v.
Joe

20th Jan 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also random info, Punto's are due plugs every service! Absolutely ridiculous but true story.
John

20th Jan 10 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can get a brand spankers corsa D for 6 or 7k, get some finance on one of them, you get the car just now, it's in warranty so probably cheaper in the long run.
deano87

20th Jan 10 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
You can get a brand spankers corsa D for 6 or 7k, get some finance on one of them, you get the car just now, it's in warranty so probably cheaper in the long run.

Don't want finance. Otherwise I'd be getting a Grande Punto tomorrow, believe me
deano87

20th Jan 10 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ermmm, hello
N3CRO

20th Jan 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
Ermmm, hello

Non tinted windows FTL. They look much better with them, espc. black ones.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa C's compared with Corsa B's 23 database queries in 0.0151291 seconds