corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Becoming a "Morning Person"

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Becoming a "Morning Person"
Robbo

User status: Offline
5th Feb 10 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James Im exactly the same as you
Daimo B

5th Feb 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I disagree...

I had to start work in London for 6am for a couple of years. Also in a later job had to be in the city by 7am.

I have NEVER got used to it. I get up as late as possible as I really cannot hack mornings. I do not like them.

Happy to stay up till 4am odd easy, but mornings, nope. Not even if I go to bed mega early, I still don't wake up well.

The best trick i've found so far, is to set my radio, hit snooze for 10 min, then when it goes off again, let the music carry on playing and let it wake you up gently.
Fro

5th Feb 10 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to struggle at first, but now I've had to get up at 6am for the last 5 years its almost second nature. Even to the point where i dont need the alarm most of the time.

I do get the odd day where i feel rough as and I snooze as much as poccible then pass out on the train aswell
MJFF88

5th Feb 10 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have struggle getting up at 10am everyday (genereally work late, go to bed at 2/3) but recently found if I have exactly 8 hours sleep, set my alarm for the 7th hour and reset it for the 8th then I get up alot better.

Couple of weeks ago I was bored of sleeping the day a way so I just woke up, drank a relentless shot and was buzzing. It was awesome. Probably not all that good for you though. Its something you could use to get your body clock adapted I guess, so long as you dont depend on it.

I'm going to order one of them clocks Will I dont see how light will wake me up but its worth a short, and if all else fails I've got my phone clock.

[Edited on 05-02-2010 by MJFF88]
Jambo

5th Feb 10 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that sounds great Will! I may go grab one of those...

And James i am the same i cant wake up, just have a hugely foggy head sometimes a headache feel slow, grouchy and sensitive to cold, even had the odd dizzy spell. Ive also found if i spank the chimp it barely produces an orgasm so i think its to do with my brain?! I have tried sleeping earlier and longer, actually makes effects worse. I drink loads of water keep a routine and exercise. Not the healthiest diet ever but i get veg down me and no caffine in the evenings. Nothing has made a difference, apart from its easier in the summer?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

5th Feb 10 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I think the light clocks are great, we are humans and it should be installed into our brains to get up as the sun goes up and go to bed as it goes down.

Since the winter months, I've felt fucked, dont wanna gym, no energy to do anything, want to eat shitcunt carbs all the time and generally feel like a proper cunt. This week my brain has been working differently and I feel great, even on Tuesday night I went to bed at 12, got up at 6.30 by my light clock, went to the gym for an hour and still felt great as I went on my day to work etc.
willay
Premium Member

5th Feb 10 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also worth a skim read of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder
Fro

5th Feb 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lumie group buy?

think I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and give it a go.
willay
Premium Member

5th Feb 10 at 10:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If anyone does get this clock because of this thread please report back your findings cause I wanna know if its actually the clock or if I've convinced myself its the clock
mwg

5th Feb 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one of those light clocks. It wakes me up when the light starts to come on so I turn the light off and go back to sleep...
Fro

5th Feb 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt.
mwg

5th Feb 10 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the radio alarm set for 7: 05, the light starts to slowly come on at 6:35 which then wakes me up but I'm still knackered so turn the light off and go back to sleep till the alarm comes on. Then hit snooze on the alarm a few times to take me through to around half 7. I'm hopeless, I really am

[Edited on 05-02-2010 by mwg]
Paul_J

5th Feb 10 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Lumie group buy?

think I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and give it a go.

I was thinking I need to get an affiliate link all over this asap.
Daimo B

5th Feb 10 at 11:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
also worth a skim read of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasonal_affective_disorder

I have a milder version of this.

I am very very low in the winter, quite depressed for quite a while. Lathargic, the dark nights REALLY get to me, you don't want to do much.

Come summertime though, its the complete opposite. Stupid amounts of energy, i get really hyperactive. I find it easier to wake up, want to spend all my time in the sunshine doing something to burn off the energy.

its not a nice thing to have to be honest. It effects your personality in the same way. Generally much happier and perky in the summer, but down a lot in the winter.

A lot of people suffer with a milder vesion of it, but i really suffer. Hence why when the sun comes out at the moment, I simply sit facing the sun with my eyes closed. Its like natural energy being absobed into your body and lifts you right up.
MJFF88

5th Feb 10 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I have one of those light clocks. It wakes me up when the light starts to come on so I turn the light off and go back to sleep...

Robbo

5th Feb 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i've been doing shifts between 6.30 to 2.30 and 10am to 6pm for the last 6 years and its not easy at times.

I find that doing the early shifts i get up because i have to, on the late shifts i like to get up early (6.30ish) and go to the gym before work, for a good 3 months i've not been able to get up at 6.30 for the gym, instead i smash snooze and go to bed.

It waso nly until lately i was sorting through my junk and found my Lumie SAD clock/alarm, its basically an alarm clock that uses bright light to wake you, I decided to use it this week (I'm on the late shfit) and every day i've woken up without issues, drive to the gym and do an hours work out before going into London.

http://www.lumie.com/shop/products/bodyclock-sunray-100

I reccomended them 100%, fantastic little gadget.
will can you have this go off without makign a noise? ie just ahve the light go on?
willay
Premium Member

5th Feb 10 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the light gradually comes on over 30 minutes or something, and if you still havent got up you get the beeping treatment. I've yet to stay in bed long enough (on a work day) for it to go off though
Robbo

5th Feb 10 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you make it so the beeper desnt come on at all?
James

5th Feb 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perhaps I should just stick to my current career
willay
Premium Member

5th Feb 10 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
can you make it so the beeper desnt come on at all?

not sure mate, might be able to disable it with some snips
Paul_J

5th Feb 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by James
Perhaps I should just stick to my current career

what career are you thinking of changing to?
James

5th Feb 10 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power Scheduler/Trader
willay
Premium Member

5th Feb 10 at 12:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as in, trading energy?
Cosmo

5th Feb 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Move in to the office and just wake up at your desk.
James

5th Feb 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
as in, trading energy?
Aye

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Becoming a "Morning Person" 22 database queries in 0.3759711 seconds