corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » F1 2010 Teams and Cars (& Launches)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author F1 2010 Teams and Cars (& Launches)
Dom

User status: Offline
5th Feb 10 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A few images of the McLaren team using flo-vis (paint) -

Also, Craig Scarborough's twitter page is worth keeping an eye on - http://twitter.com/ScarbsF1
p

6th Feb 10 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is the paint all about, something to do with down force or anything crazy like that ?
gavin18787
Premium Member

6th Feb 10 at 18:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just shows how the air is flowing

Think they watch too much top gear

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
22B

6th Feb 10 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
FOTA (all of the teams) have agreed to get Double Diffusers banned for 2011 season and onwards, although i think a few teams aren't running them this year, like Red Bull.

Although some diffusers are ridiculous this year, ie: McLaren's -

oRbbo - The cars are far from hideous, just look at the Sauber or the livery on Virgin's, they are absolutely amazing Although i'm not too sure

edit - Apparently the majority of the backend of the Merc car is currently illegal.

[Edited on 05-02-2010 by Dom]

When you say Merc, do you mean Mclaren or Mercedes?. theres a lot of debate about the mclaren diffuser, as the hole at the very top on the rear wing structure is meant to be a cooling channel, but other teams think its another level of the diffuser.

The Mercedes in testing apparently doesnt have its 2010 diffuser or front wing yet, they were testing for mechanical grip as a few sources are commenting.

Matt H

6th Feb 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
Sauber = win

Their car seems to lack something
mwg

7th Feb 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
oRbbo - The cars are far from hideous, just look at the Sauber or the livery on Virgin's, they are absolutely amazing Although i'm not too sure

The Sauber is the one that stands out to me as looking the worst. McLaren is the best looking car, always are. Not that it matters what they look like
Jamie-C

7th Feb 10 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't wait for this to start! been watching the count down timer for weeks
Ad Blue B

8th Feb 10 at 01:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it me or does Alonso's face look photoshopped?
Dom

8th Feb 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 22B
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
FOTA (all of the teams) have agreed to get Double Diffusers banned for 2011 season and onwards, although i think a few teams aren't running them this year, like Red Bull.

edit - Apparently the majority of the backend of the Merc car is currently illegal.

[Edited on 05-02-2010 by Dom]

When you say Merc, do you mean Mclaren or Mercedes?. theres a lot of debate about the mclaren diffuser, as the hole at the very top on the rear wing structure is meant to be a cooling channel, but other teams think its another level of the diffuser.

The Mercedes in testing apparently doesnt have its 2010 diffuser or front wing yet, they were testing for mechanical grip as a few sources are commenting.

Merc = Mercedes
It's been reported to currently be illegal anyways, due to the exhaust not being flush with the bodywork (i think there is more to it than that..).
Someone else is also running a 2009 front wing, forgotten who though....

[Edited on 08-02-2010 by Dom]
Robbo

8th Feb 10 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom - they are all so unbelievably long and short now, look ridiculously out of proportion... Virgin one looks OK tho I'll give it that
Dom

8th Feb 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
Dom - they are all so unbelievably long and short now, look ridiculously out of proportion... Virgin one looks OK tho I'll give it that

you mean long and wide/fat? I see what you are saying though, but they've had to lengthen the wheel base due to the larger fuel tank/cell and there wasn't a lot they could have done. Although i remember reading on a blog that moving the oil cooler from the front to the back of gearbox (or the other way round) would have freed up enough space to allow for the fuel cell without increasing the cars wheel base, but i'm guessing there was a reason why no one went with it.

Stefan GP, who didn't make the line up, are still moving ahead with testing and have already started shipping gear to Bahrain. Apparently someone from the team leaked that a few of the teams in the line up (rumoured to be Campos and USF1) are struggling and Stefan GP are hoping to take one of the positions.

[Edited on 08-02-2010 by Dom]
Cosmo

8th Feb 10 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye its been rumoured a lot that not all of them will make the starting grid, Eccleston has said nothing but that for a few months now.
Dom

8th Feb 10 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could certainly make the start of the season interesting, although i would have though they'd be more talk about it considering we're only a month and a few days away from the start.
Cosmo

8th Feb 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well a few have yet to name their driver line ups, let alone reveal their cars, so its going to be touch and go I think.
Dom

8th Feb 10 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
Well a few have yet to name their driver line ups, let alone reveal their cars, so its going to be touch and go I think.

true, Campos and USF1 only have a driver each (currently). Certainly would be a shame if they didn't make the grid, especially Campos as it would have been interesting to see what Bruno could have done.
Dom

8th Feb 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATES!!
Have posted a few updates in the 'Other/Misc' section back on page one - Virgin testing their car at Silverstone, USF1 CAD Drawings and rumours that USF1 will miss the first 3 races!
22B

8th Feb 10 at 23:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
UPDATES!!
Have posted a few updates in the 'Other/Misc' section back on page one - Virgin testing their car at Silverstone, USF1 CAD Drawings and rumours that USF1 will miss the first 3 races!

USF1 at present looks a mess, rumours are they havent even got one tub completed, and they also dont have the money to pay cosworth for an engine. I'd be very surprised to see them on the grid this year.

I saw something posted on another forum, apparently its someone close to the team, or possibly working in the team.

"It got hot in the kitchen for a while because of my posts, but the situation is now so chaotic and the lying taking place borders on complete fraud.

The car is easily 2 months away from being complete--and thats if they had the money and manpower to complete it and they gave decision making to the appropriate people.
Ken couldn't make payroll at the end of January and finally paid everyone 1/2 of what they were owed this past Monday, the 2nd half is promised this Monday--I'm not holding my breath. About 2/3rds of staff are showing up semi-regularly…who can blame them..there is little to work on.

Everything is hand to mouth -- all of the suppliers are on COD terms if they will supply at all. We haven't seen a Cosworth because they still owe 2.5M euros for them. We have no materials to turn into parts--but assumes that we'd have drawings to produce parts from Anderson Jr….another complete incompetent that barely got his High School diploma!

We think Bernie is on to them and Hurley must be at this point too. Any reasonable person could see how mis-managed the whole operation is".

Thats just a little extract, could be total rubbish but USf1 seems very quiet at the moment.

[Edited on 08-02-2010 by 22B]
Rick Draper

9th Feb 10 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

EPIC fail of anyone thinking redbull are not running a double diffuser. Hell lets take a major rear step from our car last season and do without it....
Cosmo

9th Feb 10 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH if it was banned they'd have no choice. But they arent banned so they wont do.
Dom

9th Feb 10 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

USF1 have denied the rumours about them not having an engine in an interview with AutoSport and said that had a few issues with sponsors not paying up, but that is all behind them.
Although if there is truth to what that guy posted, then it seems that USF1 are in some serious doo doo. If they did miss the first 3 races, would the extra month see them on the grid for the 4th?
Maybe we will be seeing Stefan GP on the grid for this season....

22B - is it possible to post the whole extract? or post up a link?

[Edited on 09-02-2010 by Dom]
Cosmo

9th Feb 10 at 00:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not only that but would missing 3 races mean returns to their sponsors which in turn will put them in more shite.
Rob E

9th Feb 10 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Force India'a 2010 Challenger launched this morning.

quote:
Originally posted by Autosport.com
The team's design director Mark Smith said the new car is an evolution of the machine that enjoyed a strong second half of the season last year.

"The VJM03 is definitely an evolution of the VJM02 in terms of the design philosophies we have developed at Force India over the last year," Smith said. "We are very happy with the direction, therefore we have opted to evolve the car rather than significantly revise.

RedBull's Launch day tomorrow. Also Lotus have sucessfully fired up their engines for the first time, 6 days ahead of schedule which is brilliant news to hear! They had their shakedown yesterday and are set to launch the car to the public on the 12th Feb

Still not a word from either Campos of USF1 Maybe Stefan GP did do the right thing shipping their equipment out to Barhain...
Dom

9th Feb 10 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for the update rob, have placed the images on the first page!

Yeah was reading about Lotus last night, you rarely hear about a team being days ahead but fair play to them

As for USF1, a few snippets from other forums -

quote:
Apparent USF1 Employee
USF1 can announce drivers all day long, but they will not make it to the first race.

Let's see -- the latest I have heard:

No engine -- late on payments to Cosworth

No shocks --- no payment made (company knows Anderson well - no $$ no shocks)

No undertray -- has not been started --takes over 2 weeks to be completed (need more than one!!)

The front wing and tub has passed the crash test (third try on the tub) -but it really does not matter at this time.

I bet Anderson will "disappear" in the next 30-45 days. He has a BIG history of starting and then leaving.

Hopefully we will not have to hear his (and Windsor's BS) anymore about USF1.

I wonder if SPEED is holding his position open????

Anyone need any toasters??

quote:
Apparently Someone in the know
I can't reveal sources either but I can idependantly confirm the sad state of affairs. One part that might be wrong - the front wing/nose passing the crash test. They have passed independant tests, but I don't think they've passed the FIA witness test - that is to say witnessed by the FIA at an approved facility. Similarly, and almost unbelivably there is no front wing (or rear for that matter). Also, they may have passed the various chassis tests, but I think they have only just got the first bare tub finished. Sme of the these tests are not actually carried out on the chasiss initially. Testing of the roll hoop and side imapct structures can be done independantly of the tub. Of course to fully pass with the FIA they have to be done on the chassis.

quote:
Apparent USF1 Employee
My sources regarding the shocks and undertray are direct with the people involved. As for the crash testing, thanks Riley...I was told that they "passed" something but as you say it prob was not the FIA.

As for my statements about Anderson disappearing...well that is what he does and has done MANY times in the past.

He has skipped out in the middle of the night as well as when time get tough he has left the shop while others put the Falcon together with FAKE parts prior to the press conference showing the Falcon IndyCar with Tony George.

As for Windsor admantly telling everyone they will be at the first race. Well...he tells potential investors that USF1 will RECEIVE $40 MILLION from FOA for racing in 2010!!!! I have the documents.

There guys are embarrasssing!!!

I would love to see a team from the US but when I heard it was Anderson and Windsor - I was very disappointed.

Both taken from - http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136228&page=12

And 22B snippet from CompositeKen (apparently an employee) - http://forums.autosport.com/index.php?showtopic=115762&st=2960&p=4123537&#entry4123537

Yet to find anything on the forums about Campos, very little rumours floating about compared to USF1.
Rob E

9th Feb 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wont be suprised if USF1 fold shortly then... Surely if their company is in this sad state of affairs already, Bernie should step in and do something. IMO Stefan GP would be the better option as they are prepared thanks to gaining the rights to Toyota's 2010 chassis and technology
Dom

9th Feb 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm taking it with a punch of salt, even though there seems to be a lot of people saying the same and not many saying the opposite. Although apparently Speed TV, who have their offices up the road from the USF1 factory, have been quoted saying that everything is fine, the car is on track and they'll be at Bahrain.

Saying that though, Chad Hurley wrote on his twitter that it was crunch time for Anderson an Co - not what you need from a major sponsor

Aren't Stefan GP testing sometime this/next week? Although i didn't realise they got the chassis/gear from toyota though....

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » F1 2010 Teams and Cars (& Launches) 24 database queries in 0.0172391 seconds