corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » running

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author running
Nath

User status: Offline
25th Feb 10 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Treadmills are boring as fuck.
Marc

25th Feb 10 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless the girl in front/at the side is
Nath

25th Feb 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is true
Recaro1

25th Feb 10 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a good site to work out how far you've run - http://www.mapmyrun.com/

used it when i was training for my half marathon.

A mate at work raves about the nike plus. It logs all your runs/distance/pace etc so you can see yourself improving. Never used it but he showed me the results and stuff on the nike plus website.

And buy running trainers. I have a cheap pair of Asics. I ran a half marathon around silverstone in them and had no trouble.
Marc

25th Feb 10 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone seen the Nike trainers that have usb ports in them? You download all the data to your pc and it goes through your stats

[Edited on 25-02-2010 by Marc]
a_j_mair

25th Feb 10 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i ran well completed a marathon nearly 2 years ago now, was a good achievment but havent ran since, find it boring tbh

an ipod is essential
Tom

25th Feb 10 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to start doing some kind of exercise and decided that running might be the best way, I feel it's gonna take me a while to get any sort of distance clocked up in each session though as I smoke and haven't done any proper exercise for about 18 months

Has anyone got any cheap recommendations for trainers to run in? I had averagely arched feet...

[Edited on 25-02-2010 by Tom]
Carl

26th Feb 10 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran home from work today, car was in for the MOT, 3.2 miles it is, mostly down hill, forgot to log the time but i'm going to try and do it at least once a week until I finish at the end of March. This thread inspired me.
Marc

26th Feb 10 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm off for a cheeky 3 mile run at weekend, probably shock myself when I realise its a big step up from the 3k (1.8m) I do on a treadmill!
mwg

26th Feb 10 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to do running a fair few years ago when I was training to go in the army. Any decent distance gives me back problems so I gave it up years ago. I do mountain and road biking instead, seem to be ok with that. Much more fun too

[Edited on 26-02-2010 by mwg]
Jamescorsa97

26th Feb 10 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Currently trainging for the RAF at the moment and have done alot of running in recent months. Just started to add bottled water and towels into a backpack for some weight.
Laney

26th Feb 10 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamescorsa97
Currently trainging for the RAF at the moment and have done alot of running in recent months. Just started to add bottled water and towels into a backpack for some weight.

I need to start doing that again, I was doing it with 10kg in my backpack. Up hills.

Hurts doesn't it
J4M13

26th Feb 10 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamescorsa97

Im doing the same but training for the Paras, make sure you spread the weight out as evenly as you can around the backpack if you're running/tabbing so its not dead weight all at the bottom of the pack. PTI's usually advise against running with weight whilst training to get in but meh, the harder you train now the easier it will be in basic so iv been training with a bergen and weight
Seany

26th Feb 10 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5g ankle and wrist weights is where its at walk like your on the moon after it lol
Laney

26th Feb 10 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J4M13
Im doing the same but training for the Paras, make sure you spread the weight out as evenly as you can around the backpack if you're running/tabbing so its not dead weight all at the bottom of the pack. PTI's usually advise against running with weight whilst training to get in but meh, the harder you train now the easier it will be in basic so iv been training with a bergen and weight

That was my outlook too. Are you just packing your bag with plates? I'm guessing the Paras do something similar to the Marines - 1.5miles out then best effort back?
Jamescorsa97

26th Feb 10 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I have small bottles of water spread about in different towels. Works wonders! When you take the pack off try going for a sprint. Its actually quite funny!
Tom G

26th Feb 10 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started around jan time, really struggling to run but started doing it more often....Normally jog down a industrial estate near mine so it's easy enough.

I was really unfit to start with (still am now) but can run close to 2miles then have a break as im turning back around to jog back and im over 16st

Dan
Premium Member

26th Feb 10 at 18:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have an ipod touch/phone, the i map my run app is ace for tracking your runs etc

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
Baskey

1st Mar 10 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck it, after a very lazy weekend im breaking my usual routine of 5k after work on a monday and going for a 8k tonight. Think it will be the furthest i have run before. Im not going to time myself just go at it at standard pace and see if i can keep it up for the distance

[Edited on 03-03-2010 by Baskey]
Baskey

2nd Mar 10 at 08:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8k done, im the running don
Tom G

3rd Mar 10 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a run on monday just over 5K, try and blast another one out tonight!
richardworrall
Premium Member

4th Mar 10 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in the middle of training for a Marathon in April, 30 miles training a week is starting to hurt.
Voyto

6th Mar 10 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm currently training for a 10k tomorrow and a 13.5 mile in a few weeks time.

Get yourself on http://www.mapmyrun.com and plan out your route before you go. You can also keep and eye on your progress this way!
antnee

10th Mar 10 at 00:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I started yesterday morning, as I want to get fit to start biking again! Only doing 1-1.5k atm but I am seriously unfit. I can easily add on to my run in small chunks cos of the road layout where I live. Going to go a tad further tomorrow
richardworrall
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 07:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any of you guys doing the Kilomathon this weekend?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » running 24 database queries in 0.0138531 seconds