corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Vegan (well Dairy & meat free) week as a challenge.

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vegan (well Dairy & meat free) week as a challenge.
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th Mar 10 at 13:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
Adiohead; serious question now but can I ask Why you're a vegetarian?

because i don't want to eat animals

I wasn't having a dig; I was meerly interested.

I sympathise with the vegitarian view but see it from aslightly different angle in that if an animal has been killed to be eaten (natural selection) then every part of that animal, where possible, should be used. I hate seeing waste or people throwing meat away. My family breed and rear our own Pigs, cattle, sheep, chickens and geese and we try to make use of every part of the animal. Even bones being used to produce stock - that way the animal hasn't died to end up in a landfill
RichR
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was also asking as I know a number of people who are vegitarian for different reasons. One doesn't like the idea of eating another living being; another does it as a personal protest towards how animals are kept and thinks they should be free to roam not fenced/caged in etc.; another doesn't like the taste and the final one is because her parents both are
Nath

10th Mar 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck that.
adiohead

10th Mar 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i knew you weren't having a dig. just could find the right smiley for my comment. i made it sound sarcastic, when really i just meant that it's 'that simple' for me.

it's good that you use every part. if a life is going to end then it should all get used up
with millions starving around the world it's a shame we waste so much food

i suppose it will eventually get used up on the landfill too. just a slower process.
RichR
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 13:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My missus used to be so wasteful but I just have one rule in life and that is if there's meat on the plate, something has died and every part shoudl be appreciated. I'm not fussed about leaving veg etc but I do think the meat should all be eaten.

It used to really piss me off when I ran a pub/restaurant to see how much meat (and food in general) people wasted. I noticed more because our bins were billed by weight and the thought of how much we'd save alone if people just ate what they'd ordered
Dom

10th Mar 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lee, what do you do with fat on meat? EG: the grissle on a steak? Do you eat it?
adiohead

10th Mar 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, "It takes up to 16 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of edible animal flesh."

and then there's CO2 emissions. if CO2 was really a problem then something would/should be done about the meat industry.
RichR
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 13:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Lee, what do you do with fat on meat? EG: the grissle on a steak? Do you eat it?

A lot gets trimmed off and used for stock etc and anything left on the meat, I tend to eat. Gristle is different to fat - its basically cartlidge.

We've got a deep freeze full of home made stocks/soup bases/mince etc

[Edited on 10-03-2010 by LiVe LeE]
RichR
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 13:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also, "It takes up to 16 pounds of grain to produce just 1 pound of edible animal flesh."

and then there's CO2 emissions. if CO2 was really a problem then something would/should be done about the meat industry.

ours live a fairly Organic life, living on 28 acres of land, including several acres of woodland and a couple of marshland, which means all of them get a healthy, mixed free range diet. We do have supplements in the winter, but most of the animals are slaughtered before winter hits; purely because keeping them over winter costs too much and doesnt yield the meat weight
mwg

10th Mar 10 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

man up, eat some meat
Conway563

10th Mar 10 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
that's a myth. he just didn't eat a lot of meat.

http://www.naturalnews.com/025163_Hitler_vegetarian_vegetarianism.html

According to a some books, notably there are also a number of books that say he was
Either way meat tastes good and if people didn't eat them or their products a lot of animals wouldn't exist
adiohead

10th Mar 10 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Conway563
quote:
that's a myth. he just didn't eat a lot of meat.

http://www.naturalnews.com/025163_Hitler_vegetarian_vegetarianism.html

According to a some books, notably there are also a number of books that say he was
Either way meat tastes good and if people didn't eat them or their products a lot of animals wouldn't exist

like whales?
DaveyLC

10th Mar 10 at 14:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My missus used to be so wasteful but I just have one rule in life and that is if there's meat on the plate, something has died and every part shoudl be appreciated. I'm not fussed about leaving veg etc but I do think the meat should all be eaten.

It used to really piss me off when I ran a pub/restaurant to see how much meat (and food in general) people wasted. I noticed more because our bins were billed by weight and the thought of how much we'd save alone if people just ate what they'd ordered

Agree'd! I also agree with hunting as long as the animal is consumed!
Conway563

10th Mar 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
like whales?

I was thinking more cows TBH but I'll try eating anything
RichR
Premium Member

10th Mar 10 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We do a lot of shooting around the grounds of the hotel my missus runs as they have a problem with Rabbits. She was quoted £2000 for someone to come in and gas the warrens which was not only expensive but intolerably cruel as well; so we shoot them for the pot. A lot of people round my way shoot pheasant/wood pigeon or fish for Trout etc so we trade a brace of rabbits for a brace of pheasants and so on - works really well and we've always got well stocked fridges/freezers
Rob E

10th Mar 10 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My housemate is vegan and he cooks some fucking amazing meals. Currys, burios, pies, and my personal favourite is vegan bangers and mash with onion gravy very tasty
adiohead

10th Mar 10 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
like whales?

I was thinking more cows TBH but I'll try eating anything

but the causes of extinction for wild cows were hunting, a narrowing of habitat due to the development of farming, climatic changes and diseases transmitted by domestic cattle.

Conway563

10th Mar 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm just gonna agree to disagree
jacko198

10th Mar 10 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
I LOVE meat

adiohead

10th Mar 10 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm just gonna agree to disagree

why?

what do you think were the extinction causes for wild cow?

[Edited on 10-03-2010 by adiohead]
SVM 286

10th Mar 10 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
are baked beans vegan? Are there not animal products in the making of it? The recipes I've just checked on line contain butter and worcester sauce (anchovies)

I'm pretty sure a bean is a vegetable and so is a tomato?

It's a pulse actually dave and the tomato is a fruit
DaveyLC

10th Mar 10 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh! Pulse-shmulse!
SVM 286

10th Mar 10 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SVM 286

10th Mar 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't eat meat for about twenty years, but fuck being a Vegan. That's just fanaticism in my book and a surefire way to malnutrition if one isn't very carefull.

Plus it's such a pain in the arse having the ear surgery to get them pointy enough.
Conway563

10th Mar 10 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what do you think were the extinction causes for wild cow?

At what point was I talking about that?
The point I was trying to make is if everyone goes vegan and stops eating meat, using leather etc where are cows gonna go? There's no need to keep them around or space as fields are gonna need to be filled with crops to eat instead

[Edited on 10-03-2010 by Conway563]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Vegan (well Dairy & meat free) week as a challenge. 22 database queries in 0.0143309 seconds