corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Promotion in work - talk me in to it

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Promotion in work - talk me in to it
Carl

User status: Offline
10th Mar 10 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
here's some words for free:

Cat Mat Sat Flat Pat Accelerate Cancer Aids Fiesta Trial Monkey Cheese Hamster Exciting Genius Pillow Horse Wooden Pipe Clock Cycle Awesome

there's 21 more mate.

Now only 2979 to go.

Ironically probably the shortest post you have ever done.
MarkSport

10th Mar 10 at 23:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What have you got to do exactly? Just explain why you want the job and so on?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Mar 10 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck ian.
Winemaker

11th Mar 10 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not getting any younger, Nothing to lose, better position within the company, more disposable income to play with. I'd say use whatever get's you motivated and do it! To use the old adage 'Gotta' be in it, to win it!' Good Luck!
Aaron

11th Mar 10 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Carl
quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
here's some words for free:

Cat Mat Sat Flat Pat Accelerate Cancer Aids Fiesta Trial Monkey Cheese Hamster Exciting Genius Pillow Horse Wooden Pipe Clock Cycle Awesome

there's 21 more mate.

Now only 2979 to go.

Ironically probably the shortest post you have ever done.

Fro

11th Mar 10 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck gaffa
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 10 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2791 down.

Still 9 points to address, few paragraphs each.
Tiger

11th Mar 10 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair Ian, i've always just walked the path. I don't aim for anything, if it comes to me, an opportuinity or otherwise i'll have a go.

It comes down to if it feels right, you should do it. You know that feeling you get if something is right, its just intuition.

I'm certain I could have changed jobs now, for a better paying job, but i'm not inclined to because it doesnt really feel right to change right now.

Other times when i've quit work to travel, it felt totally right at that time, it was just the path.

Do what your intuition tells you, listen to your body not what you 'think' you should do.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 10 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My body is telling me that if I earned more money I wouldn't have an office chair with rips in.

Doing the app because it'll annoy me if someone gets it who I don't think deserves it. There are a few strong candidates, all of whom I know as its internal and if I'm beaten by someone better than so be it. But I need to have had a go.

I spoke to another guy who is going for it and he had also contemplated not doing so, but wanted to make sure some random didn't chance in there with a lucky break simply because other people hadn't wanted to put themselves through a difficult process.

[Edited on 11-03-2010 by Ian]
Tiger

11th Mar 10 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An office chair with rips is better than no office chair at all.

You are obviously a competive person, don't let it blur your vision.
Laney

11th Mar 10 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Doing the app because it'll annoy me if someone gets it who I don't think deserves it. There are a few strong candidates, all of whom I know as its internal and if I'm beaten by someone better than so be it. But I need to have had a go.
[Edited on 11-03-2010 by Ian]

That was gonna be the reason I was going to state to do it
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 10 at 18:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to be clear in case anyone from work is reading

I do really really want it, just don't fancy my chances and didn't want to waste time and get let down. I've been through this a few times now and its come to nothing, and you do wonder what it's for. But if you don't go for it, you definitely won't get it.
gavin18787
Premium Member

11th Mar 10 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Best of luck mate

Definatly go for it as you will regret not doing it. Can always turn it down if you change your mind

Internal means they know you anyway so wont be 100% on your ap and interview anyway

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 10 at 18:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is my concern!
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 10 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leighton

11th Mar 10 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try harder
SetH

11th Mar 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You dont really have anything to lose by going for it? save the headache of the process and your preparation which im sure you are capable of dealing with.

In my experience with internal posts like these they have already selected their candidate and this is usually just a formality.

I may be way of the mark, however surley its a viable point?
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 10 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just the time taken to knock the letter up and the interview if I go through that and don't get it. No massive hardship.

I'm not sure if they have someone in mind. The last person died so its not like they're promoting for the sake of it, it's an actual post appointed outside of the current team.

See what happens eh.
Cosmo

11th Mar 10 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You want me to write a reference?
Jules S
Premium Member

11th Mar 10 at 22:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Just to be clear in case anyone from work is reading

I hope you don't do CS admin on works time then

IME almost all internally allocated posts are given to the person before applications/interviews anyway.

Has anybody tipped you a wink on the post in question?
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 10 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No quite the opposite, I don't even know who is on the panel.

I don't go on CS at all from work any more. I made a decision years ago to stop taking work home and with that came the requirement to do it while I'm there. Far prefer it that way.
Jules S
Premium Member

11th Mar 10 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
No quite the opposite, I don't even know who is on the panel.

I don't go on CS at all from work any more. I made a decision years ago to stop taking work home and with that came the requirement to do it while I'm there. Far prefer it that way.

Same here.

I'd go for it if I were you, and I'd make 110% effort in doing that even if you don't 100% want the job.

Commitment and progression being the buzz words.
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Mar 10 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it was easy to get I would want it more but I'm for 4000 words now, may as well go through with handing it in tomorrow!
jaffa

11th Mar 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good luck Ian
Jules S
Premium Member

11th Mar 10 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
If it was easy to get I would want it more but I'm for 4000 words now, may as well go through with handing it in tomorrow!

Bloody hell, that's about 13ish A4 sheets no? That'll take some reading/taking in.

Either way, best of luck to you

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Promotion in work - talk me in to it 23 database queries in 0.0331261 seconds