corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my motorbike getting a spring clean *new pics added pg3*

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author my motorbike getting a spring clean *new pics added pg3*
Warren G

User status: Offline
20th Mar 10 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i use something called muck-off

doesnt eat on any bling chrome/polished bits, but gets all the crap off
K3 VMU

21st Mar 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah you can see in the pics of the cleaninstuff i bought that its all muc-off stuff, various different things,degreaser,leather wipes etc

good stuff!!

managed to refrain myself at the bike show today, only bought a new visor and custom ear plugs, i could have spent thousands, i had a 1-piece leathers on, but changed my mind at last minute, was getting mega discount too
deanmcreynolds26

21st Mar 10 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how was the bike show then? any pics?

drove past it yesterday on way back from the zoo, was too late though!!!
K3 VMU

21st Mar 10 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye it was ok, wasnt as big as last year, but still was nae bad.

not enough scandaly dressed shhllllaaaaaaggggsss!! was a few

plenty fat beardy men with there just as beardy biker wifes

went on the simulator of a lap round the isle of man at the tt last year holy shit !! was a giggle 160mph wheelies !!

was some stunning new bikes there, the special edition ducati 1098 corse new bmw

bugs_bunny1

21st Mar 10 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by K3 VMU
TODAYS EVENTS:

well took my bike from where i kept it over winter (my uncles farm) down to my new garage.

first stop was to give it a wash to get all the mud etc off (yes mud!! i had to take it through my uncles and it was a bit muddy)

bought a few products yesterday, and set about cleaning it. started off with a good pressure wash to blast all the shit off, then used a degreaser on all the parts that grease/grime get on,and gave it a scrub with this flexi brush thing i had, worked ace. then once rinsed, used the big bottle of spray and covered whole bike in it, then using my new mit thingy and clean water in a bucket cleaned it off. next was the wheels, then rinsed the whole thing, chamiosed dry, then took it to garage where it got put on its stands and used the spray prtoectant stuff and sprayed all the parts (except paintwork) then used the carnuba wax stuff and waxed all paintwork.

looking extremely clean now (like it usually is)

whats with the battrys in the bucket?
K3 VMU

21st Mar 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

knew someone would pick up on that

i bought them cause they were cheap and forgot to take them out the bucket before the photo.

they are for my sky+ remote, xbox controller, and the missus` dildo if she needs them
Bonney

21st Mar 10 at 23:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I washed mine for the first time since i got it the other day. Usually just give it a wipe over with some megs quick detailer and a microfibre cloth. The other day i had all the panels off and did behind them!
Daimo B

22nd Mar 10 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I simply started mine for 5 minutes yesterday

MOT next weekend methinks. Bring her back out to play for 2010

Muck off is good for removing the crap, as long as its rinsed off. I wouldn't use the Muck-Off chain lube though, I don't think its very good.

[Edited on 22-03-2010 by VXR]
K3 VMU

22nd Mar 10 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well today led to more cleaning.....

took all the fairings etc off, cleaned them all, now sitting drying, cleaning engine etc tomoro, and building it back together.

rim tape came off today, as i am going to replace it, and have the honda racing sticker on it too.

cant get pics from phone yet, but will put them up!!

for anyone that actually gives a fuk
K3 VMU

22nd Mar 10 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TODAYS WORK:

well gave my helemt a polish (ohhh ) and fitted my new tinted visor, then stripped the bikes fairings, cleaned them all, will be cleaning engine etc tomorow. will let the pics do the talking. hope you enjoy

old visor, dirty helmet

new visor, clean helmet

some bike stripping action

rim tape off too

power house

fairings etc

bit of a mess

any comments welcome

K3 VMU

22nd Mar 10 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some OLD SKOOL PICS!!!!!!!!!

my old mans granada and my uncles seirra in background, my cousin on the back and me in front, my uncles 250 trike, which he still has

me getting my first motocross bike for my 5th christmas, 50cc malagutti i also still have this my other uncles original silvia turbo in background (which he still has stored away

my little brother on it

K3 VMU

23rd Mar 10 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TODAYS UPDATE:

cleaned the chain and sprockets, then engine and chain etc got a good steam clean this morning

then back in the garage and cleaned all that sorta parts with this protecter/cleaner stuff, bit like wd40, then each panel got de-tarred, then waxed, then fitted

the bike is now back in one piece apart from the chain guard that i de-greased this adternoon.

cleaned my leathers/gloves aswel

pics shortly!!
K3 VMU

23rd Mar 10 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

heres the pics:

plastics undereath rear seat area cleaned

even underneath the actual seat got cleaned

chain and sprockets cleaned

rear cowl on after engine been degreased and cleaned

clean engine

rims cleaned ready for new rim tape tomorrow

rear swingarm clean

rear hugger fitted after cleaned

all cleaned, and waxed, ready for fitting

nearly there

jobs a good un !!

cant really see how clean it is, but will roll her out the garage tomorrow and get some good pics.

got new rim tape to fit tomorow, then thats all the cleaning donw, will have to wait till i come back from singapore for new tires to get fitted then go out and enjoy

hope you like
Mo

23rd Mar 10 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ace dude, looking uber clean.

I just got my first bike a Kawasaki ZX636 Ninja. Haven't got a clue what cleaning products to use so this post helps
deanmcreynolds26

23rd Mar 10 at 23:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate,

gona attack mine with muc off at the weekend hopefully and get the fairings off as well... give it a proper good clean!!

been sat up for a bit and desperately needs it
Graham88

24th Mar 10 at 01:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Excellent stuff

What did you clean the chain and sprockets with? I need to get all the old stuff off mine and give it a coat of fresh stuff. I'm just lubing up dirt on mine!
_Allan_

24th Mar 10 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham, this stuff is ace.

http://www.performancemotorcare.com/acatalog/Wurth_Brake___Chain_Cleaner_500ml.html

GT85, similar to WD40, contains silicone and is also good for cleaning and polishing the plastics and metals, safe for electrics etc...Leaves a thin residue and makes 2nd time cleaning a little easier

PS: Nice job on the cleaning. I used to strip all the fairings and give a good yearly clean also.

[Edited on 24-03-2010 by _Allan_]
K3 VMU

24th Mar 10 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Excellent stuff

What did you clean the chain and sprockets with? I need to get all the old stuff off mine and give it a coat of fresh stuff. I'm just lubing up dirt on mine!

cheers

this is the stuff i use, i have used it for ages, used it on my race quad,and previous motocross bikes:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/motul-motorcycle-quad-atv-mx-offroad-chain-cleaner_W0QQitemZ360212193601QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item53de51e141

then once its clean i use this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MOTUL-CHAIN-LUBE-ROAD-400ml-Motorcycle-lubricant_W0QQitemZ380195437372QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item588569fb3c

make sure it says road use on the tin

i have a tin o off road and road use, the off road stuff is thicker

Daimo B

24th Mar 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't go there with chains.

My bandit chains got 3 locked links around the chain total. I've tried everything, cleaning, hammers, nothing will un-budge the locked links. Its shaped to go round the sprocket, but anything over 25% throttle in 1st-3rd means the chain slips off the sprocket.

Also the starter switch is giving me jip and not starting every day. Cleaned the connections, no joy, might need a new switch (so thats chain, sprocket, and starter switch).

Original key has been worn down, now on the spare, need to get that cut.

Rear indicator has come unstuck, tried bonding but still come unstuck. Currently held on/hanging off with wire insulation tape and duct tape. Unless i can find some mega sealent glue, its a new indicator or tail tidy (dont really want to).

Bandit needs its new tyre fitting saturday (got one), Benelli has its MOT saturday, Benelli needs a service, and new shoes (also got tyres for that). New coil stick, and its 2010 clean as its been under cover since Dec last year.

So, not much work needed to get both my toys ship shape and like new again

Friends and missis is saying use my spare cash to get new boots and gloves. My brain is also saying the same, but my heart say to get all this funky carbon fibre covers whilst they have a 25% discount for Benelli forum members saving me about £80 (about £210 for the bits I want).

Dammmm brain stew.....
Graham88

24th Mar 10 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate, I'll give that stuff a go I think I'm the sane as Daimo I need to give mine a good going over
K3 VMU

24th Mar 10 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus VXR.......

It looks like you are going to be busy

i hate when niggly little shit like that holds up progress!!

i havent got my new supercorsas fitted yet (they havent arrived) which is fine because i am due to singapore fri/sat and i aint going to be out on it. so will just have to get it done when i get back!

not much meat left on the bridgestone on the rear!!

go for the carbon fibre goodies Daimo..... you already have boots etc. the deal isnt going to be there forever

i need to get an aftermarket exhaust system for mine, just this second been looking at Leo Vince ones, reasonably priced (compared to the Akrapovic i was wanting )

thats the only pain in the arse about having an underseat exhaust....fuking expensive

also priced trackdays at Knockhill.....fuking expensive too
Daimo B

24th Mar 10 at 12:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boots are ok, just been down the road a few times, scuffed, and let in water.

Dads telling me to get the carbon too.

Best mates got an evening session at Brands next wednesday. 1st time on his new trackbike.

These are the carbon bits I want.

http://www.carbon.sk/en/benelli-tornado

Parts:

I just hate the niggly jobs. Bandits been so good, but 30,000 miles on her now, 3+ years old. Bits are just starting to give up.

Still unsure whether to fix and carry on riding, or give up and get a car ready for next winter

Exhausts are not cheap. Why is it we pay £6-£7k for a brand new bike, then £1500 on an exhaust system, £700 on Brembo master cylinders, £300 on rearsets etc...

Go figure ???
K3 VMU

24th Mar 10 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GO CARBON!!!

that parts will set it off, i want to carbon mine up too, but the parts are so expensive

its not only the price of the exhaust system, but you have then to buy a power commander and get it properly mapped for the best benefits.

where are the simpleness of whacking a ashley onto my xr2 then giving it beans? ha ha

went into Honda today for my red rim tape, that has honda racing writing also, £30...... and it wasnt in stock also needed a small bolt for a clip that holds brake pipe onto front fender, 75p...... not in stock

the nerd didnt have a clue about what i was wantiong for either, so i got the honda extras book and showed him about rim tape, then basically used his computer to find the bolt i was needing.

i said to him, "do you guys actually stock anything?"

he just laughed, dont think he realised i was being serious

so hopefully tomoro i will get it
fir3vip3r

24th Mar 10 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look at that poser bike, needs a good riding K3.

Lovely bike still!
K3 VMU

24th Mar 10 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
Look at that poser bike, needs a good riding K3.

Lovely bike still!

trust me it does, but i just like to keep on top of keeping it clean, makes life easier,and it look better

its done 3000miles since last march (or whenever the 09 plates came out)

and considering i stay in scotland (shite weather mostly) and work offshore, i think that its not too bad? no chicken strips on my tires if you notice

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » my motorbike getting a spring clean *new pics added pg3* 22 database queries in 0.3323100 seconds