corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lunch Time munch

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lunch Time munch
Fro

User status: Offline
18th Mar 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can eat whatever when ever thanks to my metabolism so its mostly fatty foods for lunch(chinese, fish and chips, pizzas) but do try to have something healthy like a jacket potato or salad every now and again.
sc0ott

18th Mar 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

duirng my working hours of 9-5, i normally eat 3-4 bananas, a litre of fresh orange or apple juice. 3-4 rolls on chicken, corned beef or some other sort of meet.
DaveyLC

18th Mar 10 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Not got anything like that round here. Don't Jacket potatoes need cooking first, does a microwave cook spuds?

IMHO convection microwaves do spuds better than the oven!

I whack my microwave on spud mode and they come out cripsy on the outside and soft in the middle mmmmmmmmm
Tom G

18th Mar 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chicken breast with rice noodles today but i normally have rice or a few new potatoes...

Just microwave it for around 2.5 mins! Jobs a gudden!
Then snack on fruit in the day...
AndyKent

18th Mar 10 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Always the same for me. Simple sandwich from home (2 slices) with a pack of crisps and multiple chocolate bars to snack on throughout the day.

Occassionally topped up by a bag of McCoys and a Yorkie from the local corner shop

Haven't put on, or lost, any weight with that diet over 5 years
Marc

18th Mar 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

Really! I've always preferred them from the oven, crispy jacket from oven. I always find microwave spuds are a bit mushy.
Cybermonkey

18th Mar 10 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a barbecue
Hammer

18th Mar 10 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate eating anything from the microwave, food wasn't meant to be pumped full of radiation to heat up, especially if you are trying to eat healthily.

I normally eat soup and a brown tuna or chicken baguette but I go on phases of eating rolls and fritter.
Cybermonkey

18th Mar 10 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I hate eating anything from the microwave, food wasn't meant to be pumped full of radiation to heat up, especially if you are trying to eat healthily.

I normally eat soup and a brown tuna or chicken baguette but I go on phases of eating rolls and fritter.

y'know you should use the term radiation loosely. Yes, Microwaves are a form of radiation but so is the radio signals flying around your head and when you use your mobile.

from wikipedia

Spinach retains nearly all its folate when cooked in a microwave[13]; in comparison, it loses about 77 percent when cooked on a stove, because food on a stove is typically boiled, leaching out nutrients.[13] Steamed vegetables tend to maintain more nutrients when cooked on a stovetop than in a microwave. Bacon cooked by microwave has significantly lower levels of carcinogenic nitrosamines than conventionally cooked bacon.
AndyKent

18th Mar 10 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always find baked potato still very watery and with a much softer skin than out the oven.

Vegatables are much better out the microwave though.
Hammer

18th Mar 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cybermonkey
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

y'know you should use the term radiation loosely. Yes, Microwaves are a form of radiation but so is the radio signals flying around your head and when you use your mobile.

from wikipedia

Spinach retains nearly all its folate when cooked in a microwave[13]; in comparison, it loses about 77 percent when cooked on a stove, because food on a stove is typically boiled, leaching out nutrients.[13] Steamed vegetables tend to maintain more nutrients when cooked on a stovetop than in a microwave. Bacon cooked by microwave has significantly lower levels of carcinogenic nitrosamines than conventionally cooked bacon.

They are good only for convenience and in an increasingly lazy world they'll continue to be used. I still stand by hating them, no matter how many stats about how healthy food is after being cooked in one. Are we supposed to eat food that is still getting hot after we've ate it? Does the human body like being pumped full of molecules and energies to which it's not accustom?

I don't have stats or lab results but common sense tells me conventional cooking is far better for you.
Cybermonkey

19th Mar 10 at 02:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, conventional cooking using a normal oven will always be used (until they invent that microwave oven from Back To The Future Part 2 that makes a pizza 100x as large in 10 seconds) but its also common sense to know that you should let food stand for a couple of minutes before consuming from a microwave
Ben J

19th Mar 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I eat whatevers put out in the staff canteen!!

And working in a hotel I can snack all day if I want to, but i've been trying not to recently.
Colin

19th Mar 10 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My works a pretty bad place to be if you dont want to put on weight.

Full works 3-4 course buffet breakfasts, lunch & dinner all you want for free & also trays full of tab nabs at 9am & 3pm.

Can easilly get carried away!!
Andy Stocker

19th Mar 10 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wraps, red peppers, salsa, chicken breast, yoghurts, bananas
DaveyLC

19th Mar 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC

Really! I've always preferred them from the oven, crispy jacket from oven. I always find microwave spuds are a bit mushy.

Give it a go in a proper microwave

The one I got I just whack in the weight of the spuds and it does all the work, takes about 15-20 minutes and they come out amazing
RichR
Premium Member

19th Mar 10 at 13:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I very rarely have anything during the week; In the very rare circumstance that I do, I have something like totasted pitta breads with taramasalata or a jacket with coronation chicken.

I don't not eat for the sake of not eating; its more a case of not being arsed to walk/drive out from work to get something and never get round to buying something to bring in with me
Munchie

19th Mar 10 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
My works a pretty bad place to be if you dont want to put on weight.

Full works 3-4 course buffet breakfasts, lunch & dinner all you want for free & also trays full of tab nabs at 9am & 3pm.

Can easilly get carried away!!

where do you work?

Little Chef?
CORSA NUT

19th Mar 10 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Funny i was thinking about this today

I used to work in workshops so i had the use of a microwave which was sooooo much easyer.Now though we are out and about everyday so it's a packed lunch

I just can't be arsed to make nice healthy things.I tend to get meat from Asda with brown bread..packet of either Walkers baked or other crisps and a nutra grain bar and a banana.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Lunch Time munch 22 database queries in 0.0912039 seconds