corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Got declined for a loan

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Got declined for a loan
mantamark

User status: Offline
24th Mar 10 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

moneysavingexpert.com - loans section, see whats best for you.
Colin

24th Mar 10 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
With that kind of deposit to put down you will get a good deal on finance.

Aye will have at least half to put down in deposit proberly more.

Finance deffo then!!

Legally if you own half (may be less %) then even if you default they cant take the car
Ojc

User status: Online
24th Mar 10 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate you could even get 0% finance on a lot of cars if you have more than half the cars value for a deposit.

Don't even bother with the loan.
Colin

24th Mar 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
my comment about credit cards was meant as though he should spend on his credit card and pay it straight off for a while to get his credit rating up.

my credit limit on my card is £2850 so obviously it wouldn't work

Ah right yeah deffo, im with you now!!

I used mine for years just to pay for petrol & then pay it off in full each month. Thats the way to go.

Now ive got a couple k's on one that runs out of free 0% in June from buying stuff for the house. Bloody plastic!!
FruitBooTeR

24th Mar 10 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Mate you could even get 0% finance on a lot of cars if you have more than half the cars value for a deposit.

Don't even bother with the loan.

I thought that was only on new cars though?

If I can find anywhere that will give me 0% on an 08 Astra VXR ill be extremely happy!
Ojc

User status: Online
24th Mar 10 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not always new cars, if you have a deposit large enough it plays into your hands to haggle.
Colin

24th Mar 10 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.astonvauxhall.co.uk/vauxhall-dealer-new-cars-vxr-range.htm
FruitBooTeR

24th Mar 10 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does taking finance and paying it off successfully over a number of years also improve your credit rating?
Ben G

24th Mar 10 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

of course, it's just a direct debit coming out your bank.

obviously if it can't come out due to no money in your account it can fuck you over but just make sure you always have enough money in there.
Colin

24th Mar 10 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it adds to your credit score & shows youve been committed to paying it off, & not missed any payments etc.
Fad

24th Mar 10 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Does taking finance and paying it off successfully over a number of years also improve your credit rating?

Massively the key is not to default any payments especially simple bills like phone bills etc.

Dont touch dealer finance its suicide IMO. I've done it once and never will do it again. Always secure your assets with a personal loan so when hard times do come you can raise capital and you are not tied into a fixed term agreement with penalties to pay for paying it off early.

If you have never borrowed money it will be hard initially to borrow a large sum. So maybe as someone suggested apply for a credit card and use it on normal stuff and just pay it off at the end of each month.

Further to that maybe it may be an idea to save up a bit more money and then borrow a smaller amount over a shorter term. This will be easier with a low credit rating. This way you wont easily be in negative equity with the car at any point.

Also don't keep applying for loans consequtively as it shows up on your credit score that you have been declined loans previously which obviously isnt a good in the eyes of any prospective lenders.
K3 VMU

24th Mar 10 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sell drugs tbh imho lol
FruitBooTeR

24th Mar 10 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad
quote:

Massively the key is not to default any payments especially simple bills like phone bills etc.

Dont touch dealer finance its suicide IMO. I've done it once and never will do it again. Always secure your assets with a personal loan so when hard times do come you can raise capital and you are not tied into a fixed term agreement with penalties to pay for paying it off early.

If you have never borrowed money it will be hard initially to borrow a large sum. So maybe as someone suggested apply for a credit card and use it on normal stuff and just pay it off at the end of each month.

Further to that maybe it may be an idea to save up a bit more money and then borrow a smaller amount over a shorter term. This will be easier with a low credit rating. This way you wont easily be in negative equity with the car at any point.

Also don't keep applying for loans consequtively as it shows up on your credit score that you have been declined loans previously which obviously isnt a good in the eyes of any prospective lenders.

Nice one cheers for that advice!
Limecat
Banned

24th Mar 10 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, did I honestly just read that you would pay 15.9%?

You do realise what the BOE base rate is don't you? Seriously lad, take your head for a fucking wobble. You could walk into a high street bank before the 'credit crunch' (god I hate that term) and get half that rate when the BOE was a shit load higher.

The banks want people to think that credit is hard to get - it fucking isn't.
Nick-S

24th Mar 10 at 23:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I dont mind paying 15.9% if I can get one.

I thought i was get fucked at 7% over 3 years
AK

24th Mar 10 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also - dont keep trying for loans over and over. Each attempt will show up on your credit rating, and look like your trying to amass a 3rd world debt

We had no probs getting a loan for range rover. We have mortgages etc though.
Graham88

25th Mar 10 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live at home and have no credit cards and got a loan fine twice now
StuartVRS

25th Mar 10 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its always much easier to get a loan through your own bank too, as they will see your wages coming in and what you spend. Also, most banks can get better rates if you get written quotes beating their ones.
gazza808

25th Mar 10 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Satander are a bunch of badgers, mrs had hassle just getting an overdraft and a debit card out of them,

it's odd people are struggling to get credit, but every time i'm in the bank, they offering me loans and potential mortages etc.
Kano

25th Mar 10 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had never had a single thing on credit in my life and in 1 month I got myself a mortgage and a 10k loan with no issues. Was told by the bank that it wasn't an issue that I had never had credit.

If you have been refused there will be a reason for it.
Toby
Premium Member

25th Mar 10 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i would always go fiance for a car, i'm only paying 4.8% apr and would never have got that with a loan
FruitBooTeR

25th Mar 10 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kano
I had never had a single thing on credit in my life and in 1 month I got myself a mortgage and a 10k loan with no issues. Was told by the bank that it wasn't an issue that I had never had credit.

And when was this? Take it is wasnt in the past few years when it is actualy harder to lend money...

Also your proberly older than me, im 21, you might earn more etc..

The only reason I can think of is still living at home and not having ever owned a credit card, the only thing ive ever had which requires credit payment was a 1k loan via my own bank 2 years ago which was paid off over 1 year not missing any payments.
lostboy
Banned

25th Mar 10 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I live at home, have a shit income and had no real credit rating at the time, yet I managed to get a loan and top it up later.

Although I dare say my credit rating is now piss poor
Fad

25th Mar 10 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
I live at home and have no credit cards and got a loan fine twice now

Yes but its purely down to your earnings and your job which they take into account when lending you money. Also the first loan you got clearly benefited your credit rating.
Kano

25th Mar 10 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kano

And when was this? Take it is wasnt in the past few years when it is actualy harder to lend money...

Also your proberly older than me, im 21, you might earn more etc..

The only reason I can think of is still living at home and not having ever owned a credit card, the only thing ive ever had which requires credit payment was a 1k loan via my own bank 2 years ago which was paid off over 1 year not missing any payments.

Last March so it was when things were at there worst. Bank agreed the mortgage on the spot and I had moved into the house within 3 weeks. Was the most hassle free thing ever, I was surprised to say the least. I had just changed job aswell so thought I had no chance.

I was only 23 at the time aswell and not earning a huge amount, around 22k..

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Got declined for a loan 22 database queries in 0.0545490 seconds