corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » email just received from customer

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author email just received from customer
Jambo

User status: Offline
6th Apr 10 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a racist biggot to me. If you can "report" him do. Too many morons think this is an aceptable way to talk to people doing their job.
baza31

6th Apr 10 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he was probably telling the truth
Ian
Site Administrator

6th Apr 10 at 12:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ministry of Sound may be interested that their DJ is a racist.

Reply and tell him there's no apostrophe on a plural.
BarnshaW

6th Apr 10 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do feel to just tell him that I have reported his rascist comments to the police just to see if he apologises.
DaveyLC

6th Apr 10 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
I do feel to just tell him that I have reported his rascist comments to the police just to see if he apologises.

Or he might just come and shoot you
adiohead

6th Apr 10 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Samsung are repairing my 2 year old LCD TV free of charge.
Jambo

6th Apr 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My LG tv is boss.
Whittie

6th Apr 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
My LG tv is boss.

Same here, prefer it to a samsung setup / layout. (Although the internals are made by LG for both of them )
adiohead

6th Apr 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie
quote:
My LG tv is boss.

Same here, prefer it to a samsung setup / layout. (Although the internals are made by LG for both of them )

phoned up Samsung, told them the problem and they said "we are doing a free repair service for this common fault".

being repaired this week.
now that's service!!

but I've heard they're moving the call centre to Egypt soon.

The board has the wrong size caps on them and the telly is taking longer and longer to startup. Only about 10 caps need changing.
If the internals are made by LG then I wonder if LG TVs will get this fault too?
BarnshaW

6th Apr 10 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
My LG tv is boss.

this is not true
BarnshaW

6th Apr 10 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
quote:
My LG tv is boss.

phoned up Samsung, told them the problem and they said "we are doing a free repair service for this common fault".

being repaired this week.
now that's service!!

but I've heard they're moving the call centre to Egypt soon.

The board has the wrong size caps on them and the telly is taking longer and longer to startup. Only about 10 caps need changing.
If the internals are made by LG then I wonder if LG TVs will get this fault too?

Its not amazing service to repair tv's that have a known problem, we have had tv's in ranges with known software issues and we are under obligation to fix the problem regardless of the age of the tv's. The internals on Samsungs and LG TV's are not the same. I beleive LG tv's internals or at least panels are made by Philips.
adiohead

6th Apr 10 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Its not amazing service to repair tv's that have a known problem, we have had tv's in ranges with known software issues and we are under obligation to fix the problem regardless of the age of the tv's. The internals on Samsungs and LG TV's are not the same. I beleive LG tv's internals or at least panels are made by Philips.

I feel that I have personally received amazing service.

I had a faulty phone and Orange refused to replace it. Compared to that, it is amazing service.
BarnshaW

6th Apr 10 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes but there is quite a big difference between wear and tear problems and known manufacturing problems. Manufacturer's in most cases will have a responsibility to fix known manufacturing problems on products.

I bet if the problem you reported was a one off and unheard of by Samsung then they would have told you to sling your hook.
adiohead

6th Apr 10 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
yes but there is quite a big difference between wear and tear problems and known manufacturing problems. Manufacturer's in most cases will have a responsibility to fix known manufacturing problems on products.

I bet if the problem you reported was a one off and unheard of by Samsung then they would have told you to sling your hook.

probably, then I would have received bad service.

but I received good service instead, and a kind man on the end of the phone

[Edited on 06-04-2010 by adiohead]
fir3vip3r

6th Apr 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

why is that bad service?
adiohead

6th Apr 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
quote:

why is that bad service?

because the TV should be fit for purpose
BarnshaW

6th Apr 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what do you mean fit for purpose?
fir3vip3r

6th Apr 10 at 14:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bollocks, things break, it happens. If its had a resonable life i dont think the onus is on the company to keep it running forever!
BarnshaW

6th Apr 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bollocks, things break, it happens. If its had a resonable life i dont think the onus is on the company to keep it running forever!

interesting point, we get shit loads of people with tv's that are four years old that are out of warranty by like 3 years and they claim it should be "fit for purpose" etc, its not the manufacturer's responsibility, unless it is a manufacturing defect and in which case it would have needed to have been reported IN warranty.

Moral of the story, if your spending hundreds of pounds on a TV and you dont buy extended warranty then you are running a massive risk by thinking "oh it wont break for at least 5 years"
fir3vip3r

6th Apr 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

interesting point, we get shit loads of people with tv's that are four years old that are out of warranty by like 3 years and they claim it should be "fit for purpose" etc, its not the manufacturer's responsibility, unless it is a manufacturing defect and in which case it would have needed to have been reported IN warranty.

Moral of the story, if your spending hundreds of pounds on a TV and you dont buy extended warranty then you are running a massive risk by thinking "oh it wont break for at least 5 years"

i suppose everyones "reasonable" use times differ! Ive always been under the impression if your out of warranty your boned!
adiohead

6th Apr 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I agree, I wouldn't of minded having to pay for the fix.

I would have been annoyed if they'd told me to sling my hook.

This is what I mean by Fit for Purpose:

Fit for purpose covers not only the obvious purpose of an item but any purpose you queried and were given assurances about by the trader.

If you buy something which doesn't meet these conditions, you have the potential right to return it, get a full refund, and if it will cost you more to buy similar goods elsewhere, compensation (to cover the extra cost) too.

Note, however, that the right to reject goods and get a full refund only lasts for a relatively short time after which a buyer is deemed to have 'accepted' goods. This doesn't mean that the buyer has no legal redress against the seller, just that he/she isn't entitled to a full refund.

Instead a buyer is first and foremost entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced. If these remedies are inappropriate, then you're entitled to a suitable price reduction, or to return the goods and get a refund (reduced to take account of any wear and tear).

The act covers second-hand items and sales. But if you buy privately, your only entitlement to your money back is if the goods aren't 'as described'.

If goods which are expected to last six months don't, it'll be presumed that the goods didn't conform to the contract at the time they were bought, unless the seller can prove to the contrary.

In all other situations, it's for the consumer to prove their own case (that is, that the problem existed at the time of the contract). This will prove more difficult the longer you've had the goods. Subject to this, a consumer has six years from the time they buy something in which to make a claim, irrespective of how long the goods actually last.

Durability
Durability is another recent addition to the definition of quality. How long should a dishwasher or a vacuum cleaner or a printer last? This is a very common source of complaint and one which manufacturers were always quick to turn back on the consumer, requiring them to provide proof that the item did not conform to contract specification from the start, or implying an element of misuse or neglect. Thanks to the new European Regulations, UK law now offers greater protection for consumers against products which develop faults within the first 6 months. The assumption is now that if it breaks down within this time period it cannot have conformed to the contract specification when purchased and you have the right to an automatic repair or replacement. Having said this, items which should last several years can still break down after this six month period. If the retailer or manufacturer’s warranty has run out, the shop is often quick to say there is nothing they can do before attempting to sell you an extended warranty. This is misleading. If you buy something which should last 7 years but breaks down after a year and a day, you can still claim it was of poor quality in reference to the durability aspect. In this respect it will help to know how long items such as washing machines or printers should last. You can get this information relevant trade association

oceansoul

6th Apr 10 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
"oh it wont break for at least 5 years"

But theres not that much inside of a TV to go wrong. I.e. no moving parts. All you'd expect to fail are capacitors in the power supply from the constanting charging and discharging cycles.

However i know what your saying, but dont the EU high commision (or what ever they call themselves) say that "reasonable time for electrical goods" is like 6 or 7 years think i saw that on the one show once.
adiohead

6th Apr 10 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:

But theres not that much inside of a TV to go wrong. I.e. no moving parts. All you'd expect to fail are capacitors in the power supply from the constanting charging and discharging cycles.

However i know what your saying, but dont the EU high commision (or what ever they call themselves) say that "reasonable time for electrical goods" is like 6 or 7 years think i saw that on the one show once.

I read 7 years
oceansoul

6th Apr 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:

I read 7 years

I was writing out as you posted.
Carl

6th Apr 10 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I buy a tv I expect it to last 6 years at least. If Ibought one new and it broke after 2 years or even 3 i wouldn't be happy and i'd not buy that brand again.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » email just received from customer 22 database queries in 0.0207999 seconds