corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can people under 25 actually get insured on decent cars?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can people under 25 actually get insured on decent cars?
!_roderzz_!

User status: Offline
19th Apr 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im 20 with 2 years no claims got me a ctr. not exactly performance import mind you ha. but im not bein fully raped on insurance either!
FruitBooTeR

19th Apr 10 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
mates got a r33 gtr and he is with bells insurance, he is 22
i was with adrian flux till i got my traders policy when i was 23

Oh wow bell will actually insure me on an FQ-300 FOR £3000.00 and £2200 on an Evo 6 with my mom added and 1000 excess

Its a start though
P1CK4D

19th Apr 10 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FruitBooTeR
quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
P1CK4D on here is under 25 and has a white evo 7 import.

And is his rectum the size of the channel tunnel yet?

You have to pay a premium for the finest things in life. Im 23
Wrighty

19th Apr 10 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

youd be bonkers to spend 14k on an astra, you could get a shit hot jap car for that and insure it. or a kit car with a turbo engine tuning jap cars is, IMO cheaper then throwing money at a vaux too. look how much youd pay regal etc to get a few ponies outta a vxr or something and compare that to what you can spend on a jap car to free up a few hp!

everything in life comes with a premium if your willing to pay it, look at the lads in their early 20;s running fast jap cars, like c20let, his evo is amazing and hes 23 - 501hp!

i pay £112 a month on my golf gt tdi 130 via keith micheals, can ring my insurance up anytime to switch to my impreza for a weekend/week whatever and im fully comp all mods declared for just an extra few quid on a car three times more powerfull - im willing to pay that because thats great for me and took about 10 mins to sort out setting up the policy.
big eck

19th Apr 10 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tomnova16
mates got a r33 gtr and he is with bells insurance, he is 22
i was with adrian flux till i got my traders policy when i was 23

Oh wow bell will actually insure me on an FQ-300 FOR £3000.00 and £2200 on an Evo 6 with my mom added and 1000 excess

Its a start though

Thats about right, £8k on an evo7 or even £10k on an 8 and your still making a saving.
FruitBooTeR

19th Apr 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeh but I havent actually got the full amount to spend..ive got about 7k so its not like ive got 14k to play with, id be paying the rest off the astra over 3 years which isnt something you can do with a second hand evo..unless you buy from a garage that does finance..

I think in the long run buying a cheaper car like an evo for 8k would still work out more anyway as id prob end up spending £££ on it making sure its not going to blow up...then thers fuel and servicing.

Could get a nice S14 for 5k and insure it for under 2k...just depends if it wants to blow up on me.
Ojc

19th Apr 10 at 14:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These Jap cars are high maintance, that is the downside of owning them. Oh and the interiors are awful.
Nic Barnes

19th Apr 10 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
These Jap cars are high maintance, that is the downside of owning them. Oh and the interiors are awful.
agreed.
Ojc

19th Apr 10 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rebuilds etc are far more expensive as they are always going to be more highly strung than a Vauxhall.

You have to weigh up the pros and cons and why buying a Evo 8 for 7k might seem like a good idea now, when it needs bits doing to it or it develops a fault you will wish you had the Vauxhall which could still be in warranty.
Wrighty

19th Apr 10 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Yeh but I havent actually got the full amount to spend..ive got about 7k so its not like ive got 14k to play with, id be paying the rest off the astra over 3 years which isnt something you can do with a second hand evo..unless you buy from a garage that does finance..

I think in the long run buying a cheaper car like an evo for 8k would still work out more anyway as id prob end up spending £££ on it making sure its not going to blow up...then thers fuel and servicing.

Could get a nice S14 for 5k and insure it for under 2k...just depends if it wants to blow up on me.

Are you using it every day for work or just the weekend?
Fro

19th Apr 10 at 14:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
agreed.

Agreed, Interior on my golf was much better. (aside from the seats)
Fad

19th Apr 10 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think rebuilds now days are pretty rare and generally they dont go wrong unless someone with no knowlege has played with it or its poorly maintained.

For example Standard WRX STi Scooby my mate has owned it for fours years since new and its now on 105k.

Also when you seek serious perfomance high maintainence comes with the territory. If you can afford it...do it!

big eck

19th Apr 10 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
agreed.

There not to bad, the MR versions of the evo have nice interiors but for the price of them new then yes they should have been alot better.

There no different from any other high performance car on maintenence imo. Yea the servicing on the evo is only 4.5k but thats just an oil change which most of us change around then anyways.
FruitBooTeR

19th Apr 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:

Are you using it every day for work or just the weekend?

Everyday but not mega miles as its only about 4-5 miles to work, then you have general commuting etc.
Fad

19th Apr 10 at 14:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are doing repeated short journeys you dont want an Evo
Ojc

19th Apr 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just look at Andy's Scooby and how well he looks after things and that went pop in a big way and cost stupid amount to get fixed.

If they go wrong, they go wrong big.
Steve
Premium Member

19th Apr 10 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its because the pistons were made at Cadburys
big eck

19th Apr 10 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we use the evo every day in all weathers and its been very reliable.
Ojc

19th Apr 10 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah fuck that mate, it's not even going to get the oil temp up enough on a 5 mile trip.
spikedjack

19th Apr 10 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats my problem, i can afford an evo 8, but out of principle am not paying 3.3k a year to insure it
Fad

19th Apr 10 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes but it was a jap import with hardly any history and you have no idea who did what to it!

Any modern car if they go wrong they cost loads...we dont buy our cars expecting to rebuild them.
Nic Barnes

19th Apr 10 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you can afford to buy run and maintain whatever car you want then thats cool. Some people clearly earn more than others or have more diy knowledge.
FruitBooTeR

19th Apr 10 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Yeah fuck that mate, it's not even going to get the oil temp up enough on a 5 mile trip.

I know what your saying but thats the same with any turbocharged car, even the VXR and tbh im not exactly going to floor it all the way to work, save the fun driving for longer drives at weekends.
Ojc

19th Apr 10 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get whatever takes your fancy mate.

Get a Nova IMO
Marc

19th Apr 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got my Impreza at 22.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Can people under 25 actually get insured on decent cars? 22 database queries in 0.0224831 seconds