corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Winning the Lottery

Poll: Winning the Lottery
  I would go public
  I wouldn't go public

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Winning the Lottery
_Allan_

User status: Offline
17th May 10 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matt H
I wouldn't mention it to anyone at work, then just turn up for work as normal & pretend I'd had a normal weekend

Me too.........then slap my boss in the face with a wad of fifty's.
Neo

17th May 10 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee_wee
I wouldn't shout about it, although like previously mentioned I reckon my brand new gallardo would give it away

Thats why I'd get a day to day hack, An RS6 Estate but debadged. Already live out the way and its not out the ordinary to see ferrari's/lambo's etc on a day to day basis so wouldn't stick out that much.

Most people would probably see is a new suit and watch
Colin

17th May 10 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Zero publicity!!

Although the 86M euromillions would be hard to hide & theres no way I could live where I do just now with people around here knowing I had that sort of kitty. You'd get taken hostage on a weekly basis out of jealousy!!

I think i'd move abroad for a while, just to reflect on what I want to do in lfe, as money opens a lot of doors.

If it was a smaller amount 1-2M then I recon I could sit on my hands so to speak a fair bit & not be seen as a lotto winner. As said the Galardo in the garage would be a bit of a givaway though!!
Joe

17th May 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd tell the world so all the bitches know I'm minted!
nathy_87

17th May 10 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keep it quite, tbh.
Nath

17th May 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 5dr corsa-3dr_polo
Keep it quite, tbh.

Quite what?

Reecemac

17th May 10 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite quiet?

[Edited on 17-05-2010 by Reecemac]
Cole

17th May 10 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt go public but i would walk into the place i work go up to the boss and say so how much for me to buy you out and then just rent a bull dozer from across the rd and level it
jibjob

17th May 10 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its a massive jackpot id go public. Like its been said above money opens doors but it doesnt if people dont know you have it. Ye you would get harassed for a little while but it would go away and you would be left with magazine/photo shoot offers if you wanted it to go that way. You could either buy a business and live a quiet and refined life or you could go out and blow it living the playboy lifestyle at which point some celebrity decides she wants you and then you can live off magazine offers for your wedding/child birth/divorce/affairs etc.

In all seriousness though the first thing id do is help my mum and dad out. Pay their house off, clear debts, buy them new cars and send them on a holiday. Id buy my sister a horse so she could compete in horse trials again. Then id treat myself to a nice house with nice gardens and a nice garage. Nothing mega though ive never seen the point in having 14 bedrooms when its just you and your other half. A few nice cars, a couple of toys (motorbikes, powerboats, quads, microlites, etc), a small business and then living off the interest would suit me just fine
Jake

17th May 10 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt tell anyone, just sit back smugly knowing that if i set up a tab behind the bar for my mates, id be even richer from the interest than before i walked in the pub
jacko198

17th May 10 at 23:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would probably go public. Would like to just go all over the world.

1st thing i would do it to rent out Necker Island for a month £50,000. And just bring the whole family over And decide what to do with my life!

http://www.neckerisland.virgin.com/
jacko198

17th May 10 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infact, scrap that. For exclusive use its $36,000 a night. So that would be $1million.

Maybe just a few weeks then could still afford it either way though!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Winning the Lottery 22 database queries in 0.5511889 seconds