corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My off at Nurburgring, pics

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My off at Nurburgring, pics
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
26th May 10 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crash like that on the open road and i bet the damages would be far worse. Banned for speeding and dangerous driving etc to go with it. Its just an unfortunate thing to happen. Your attitude towards it is spot on graham. Gutted for your wallet but i bet you had fun.
Markyc

26th May 10 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88

Oh & people who want to speculate on things they know nothing about and leave snide comments kindly press the back button on your browser. Thanks!

Safe driving people!

hahah u just fail at driving G!!
Kano

26th May 10 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Damage doesn't look to bad. I would be repairing the quarter rather than replacing it, not that bad. Be aswell having the door painted aswell so the colour matches along the side.

Without the ring bill it would be easier to stomach but thats life I suppose.
oceansoul

26th May 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
You can go to the ring and not thrash it though.

tbh, there isn't £3k in damages to the armco. Sure they will need ot pull out the pillars, re-seat new ones and replace the front of the armco, but not £3k. Can you not dispute the overall cost of repair?

Maybe its the amount of squeezing the road nazi laws are doing and forcing more people onto tracks, which in turn is causing more accidents.

I bet that place makes an absolute fortune in profit.

Its not just the cost of replacing the barrier though is it?? Dont they charge due to not being able to have the ring open thus losing money??

Also, cant you get insurance for when going to the ring...incase this kinda thing happens?
AlexW

26th May 10 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why did you/they remove the plates?

Nasty, expensive, but coulda been a whole lot worse.
Butler

26th May 10 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

tbh, there isn't £3k in damages to the armco. Sure they will need ot pull out the pillars, re-seat new ones and replace the front of the armco, but not £3k. Can you not dispute the overall cost of repair?

Maybe its the amount of squeezing the road nazi laws are doing and forcing more people onto tracks, which in turn is causing more accidents.

Its not just the cost of replacing the barrier though is it?? Dont they charge due to not being able to have the ring open thus losing money??

Also, cant you get insurance for when going to the ring...incase this kinda thing happens?

Check the ring thread, I warned him before we went!
whitter45

26th May 10 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can you not get cover for the ring - i.e they pay out damages
Nath

26th May 10 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What are the payment options for the ring damage?
Anty
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 12:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesnt look that bad tbh.. main thing is your still alive and breathing !! the car is replaceable... But your NOT !!
Daveskater
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Exactly why I've never been there. Not only do you have a fucked car with a big bill to fix, but the fuckin ring bill on top of that is ridiculous. Screw that.
I feel the same. I'm too scared to trash my car
Same reason I'm a bit unsure about track time at Castle Combe

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Graham88

26th May 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I had no idea this had happened. That rules out getting the Mazda then

Kidding. Glad you're ok as it could of been a hell of a lot worse and at least the car isn't completely fucked too!

It got posted in the Nurburgring thread but that's it, I didn't have signal all weekend or anything so not even my mates or family knew until I got back. Mazda was a decent car though, certainly surprised a few people around there, just gotta watch the back end, it's savage lol
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

The more I look at the damage now the more I think I've been proper ripped off, but unless I can find somebody who has a similar ring bill I wouldn't really have a clue, for the armco alone it was €1500, then €900 to take it apart, plus all the small costs, it added up quickly. I doubt I could dispute it tbh and I cba anyway I crashed, I pay for the consequences, it's a risk you take on the Ring and everybody knows it
quote:
Originally posted by broster
so its true that the armco is costly there then! do they give you a break down of the repair bill for the ring or is it just, its this much pay?

You get a nice printed receipt of the break down so you can see where you're money is being spent, so nice of them!
quote:
Originally posted by FlamingCorsa
gutted for you graham :-(

least your not making excuses and not really moaning about going off! sure you are gutted about the car tho! least it was only cosmetic and you could get few laps done and drive car back just imagine if it had to be trailerd back!

i guess are are in posistion to pay the repair bill for the ring also, sure lots of people would not have the 3k for that!

glad your ok and hope you get the car sorted, its stunning!

Tbh, I've not really got the feeling of guttedness once! The only bit that's annoyed me about the whole thing is the fact the rear end came round and did the rear quarter, that's the only bit I can't fix myself and I hate relying on other people to fix my cars! The front end is all bolt on, even the crossmember, just a case of adjusting bits as a few bits have moved on the bolts

Ring bill has to be paid there and then, a few people have asked me what you'd do if you didn't have the money, but I've no idea!
quote:
Originally posted by Chris x
Love the stickers!

At least you can laugh it off!

Will you being going through your insurance for the car or pay for it out of your own pocket?

Insurance won't cover me on track, so it's out of pocket for me, guess that's all my modifying out the window gone for the year

The stickers are awesome
quote:
Originally posted by AW06
Why did you/they remove the plates?

Nasty, expensive, but coulda been a whole lot worse.

I ripped them off as alot of people were going past filming, was a spur of the moment kinda thing but a bit pointless looking back
quote:
Originally posted by oceansoul

I didn't shut the ring mate, just had traffic going slow past it as I only slightly covered the track in dirt so they sweeped it off. Some people say you can but it's very crap insurance, only covers 3rd party of ring repairs and not your own car, or something like that
quote:
Originally posted by Kano
Damage doesn't look to bad. I would be repairing the quarter rather than replacing it, not that bad. Be aswell having the door painted aswell so the colour matches along the side.

Without the ring bill it would be easier to stomach but thats life I suppose.

The quote I had was to repair it, he said replacing the quarter would be a last resort as it'd be blatently obvious it had been repaired at some point as you will never get the seal inside the boot the same as a robot in a factory. The labour I can deal with it's the price of parts that's criminal, and I would get a few bits sprayed at the same time
quote:
Originally posted by Markyc
hahah u just fail at driving G!!

Fuck off you nonce
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
crash like that on the open road and i bet the damages would be far worse. Banned for speeding and dangerous driving etc to go with it. Its just an unfortunate thing to happen. Your attitude towards it is spot on graham. Gutted for your wallet but i bet you had fun.

Yeah definetly, I'd probably hit a tree or something. Ta Nic, and it was the bollocks, I recommend going out there to anyone, even standing in the car park and seeing the cars out there is amazing
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
On a plus side, Mazda looks gorgeous

Cheers Jambo Hopefully have her back looking her best again soon
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
What are the payment options for the ring damage?

Pay immediately, basically
quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
Exactly why I've never been there. Not only do you have a fucked car with a big bill to fix, but the fuckin ring bill on top of that is ridiculous. Screw that.
I feel the same. I'm too scared to trash my car
Same reason I'm a bit unsure about track time at Castle Combe

Tbh a place like Combe, you have so much run off you'd be hard pushed to hit something! There is probably 10m of run off where I crashed which is quite alot for the ring, most places are about a metre of grass to the armco and you are doing 140mph down some of those parts!
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Graham, NOT that i'd advise this of course......

But say you were home and parked your car in a bush, then called your insurance company to say you'd crashed.

Sure you will will have the excess, and loose ncb, but will save repair costs. Depends what financially is better for you.

PS< I remove my plates every time.
A) Insurance people send photographers to trackdays sometimes.
B) Less drag
C) No photos of your car when trying to sell, someone sends a shot out with ad.
Graham88

26th May 10 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not making a fraudulent claim

You can't remove plates on the ring it's a public road! On trackdays I always do.
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey man, im just saying what I hear at every single trackday i've ever been/driven/ridden at
Graham88

26th May 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know mate I'd been told it by plenty of people but it's just not an option for me, by the time I pay my excess and what my insurance goes up extra it'll be better just taking the fall for it now and being done with it. I seriously doubt I'd get insured again anyway with another claim, I'm 21, 0ncb, 1 fault crash for 16k, another claim would rocket
Rich H

26th May 10 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I saw / heard the description of the damage in the other thread I expected worse tbh. Absolutely gutting feeling I'm sure, and a massive contributing factor as to why I keep wimping out of track days!

Main thing is the 'Ring repairs are paid for (good on you for being able to find the £3k there and then!) the cars repairable and you're ok

Have you spoken to Tom about fixing it out of interest? He may be able to help
Fro

26th May 10 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If bolts and stuff have moved i would get it done properly mate or you may end up with panel gaps etc and it looking obvious it was repaired
Graham88

26th May 10 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
When I saw / heard the description of the damage in the other thread I expected worse tbh. Absolutely gutting feeling I'm sure, and a massive contributing factor as to why I keep wimping out of track days!

Main thing is the 'Ring repairs are paid for (good on you for being able to find the £3k there and then!) the cars repairable and you're ok

Have you spoken to Tom about fixing it out of interest? He may be able to help

For the speed I hit the barrier it should have been alot worse, aside from the rear quarter I am lucky! Trackdays are a different league to the Ring IMO, having done both!

I was lucky to have it tbh, seeing as I had no contact with home I don't know what I'd have done otherwise!

I haven't mate, I'll direct him to this thread and see what he thinks
quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
If bolts and stuff have moved i would get it done properly mate or you may end up with panel gaps etc and it looking obvious it was repaired

Yeah I am gonna mate I want it done properly, if I have to pay more for the privilege then so be it
chris_uk
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 15:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the stickers are a nice touch
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ill be able to help you out graham, drop me a u2u
proper shit thing though but still, could have been worse

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Graham88

26th May 10 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers lads, will u2u you now
antnee

26th May 10 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unlucky Graham, this is my biggest worry for when I go to the 'ring, so my first visit may have to be after uni

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

I don't get that at all, how would someone 'find' photos of a particular car on track? And TBH, the vast majority of people on track days are well into their cars so will be looked after with no expense spared, so I would have no problem buying one
Fro

26th May 10 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good lad G
Ben G

26th May 10 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee
Unlucky Graham, this is my biggest worry for when I go to the 'ring, so my first visit may have to be after uni

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

I don't get that at all, how would someone 'find' photos of a particular car on track? And TBH, the vast majority of people on track days are well into their cars so will be looked after with no expense spared, so I would have no problem buying one

graham had that exact problem when selling his fiesta iirc. the guy saw pics on the net and decided not to but it.
Graham88

26th May 10 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by antnee

Take it from me and my past experience, somebody put a deposit on my old car, found pictures of it on track and backed out, despite me saying what you just said, that it was highly maintained whatever the cost, it put him off

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My off at Nurburgring, pics 23 database queries in 0.3679302 seconds