corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bikers

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Bikers
Nath

User status: Offline
26th May 10 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Always check your blind spot! So important...

Yup, isn't called 'blind' for no reason.
mwg

26th May 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant be arsed reading all that. Is the summary that bikers are amazing?
adiohead

26th May 10 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Always check your blind spot! So important...

yeah, this is the main reason why bikers are more aware than car drivers.
of course I'm generalising, but I believe this is the main difference.

it's something that foreign lorry drivers can't do and is why they sometimes pull out on other road users.

there are a lot of twat scooter drivers around my way who go to Langley college. They are idiots who "think" they own the road.

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by adiohead]
scottyp1989

26th May 10 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
The biggest difference between a biker and a non-biker is the shoulder check.

I shoulder check in my car. So many car drivers don't do this! It should be part of the test, imo.

checking blind spots is part of the test
ed

26th May 10 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ever stopped to think that the majority of car drivers do check their mirrors/blind spot and that foreign lorry drivers can't see their blind spot because they are on the wrong side of the vehicle and no amount of mirrors can sort that problem.

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by ed]
Nath

26th May 10 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I cant be arsed reading all that. Is the summary that bikers are amazing?

They appear to have superhuman powers of thought.
adiohead

26th May 10 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by scottyp1989
quote:
The biggest difference between a biker and a non-biker is the shoulder check.

I shoulder check in my car. So many car drivers don't do this! It should be part of the test, imo.

checking blind spots is part of the test

well yes, but I think it should be made more of. They certainly don't make as much issue of it in a car test to a bike test, from experience.

and many drivers don't do it.

for example, it is:
Mirror - Signal - Maneuver

the saying should be:
Mirror - Signal - Shoulder Check - Maneuver

adiohead

26th May 10 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Ever stopped to think that the majority of car drivers do check their mirrors/blind spot and that foreign lorry drivers can't see their blind spot because they are on the wrong side of the vehicle and no amount of mirrors can sort that problem.

[Edited on 26-05-2010 by ed]

exactly what i said above
Neo

26th May 10 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bikers infuriate me, in my relitively short period of being on the road (3 yrs) I have seen 2 crash's with the Biker at fault (1 was speeding and went into the back of a car, another was undertaking a van that had stopped to let a car out of a junction so they could turn in and the bike went straight into the car coming out as he was hidden behind the van)

Both times however the driver of the car was blamed.

On monday I saw another who must have felt he was invincible, going between very narrow gaps between cars at around 80/90 mph as well as swerving through other lanes whilst only wearing a t shirt and jeans, no lid.

Yesterday whilst indicating to overtake a push bike a motorbike came flying past me within 2 inches or so of my wingmirror at way over the speedlimit straight after a corner so I couldn't see him until I almost moved out resulting in me hammering my brakes on so I didn't hit the push bike. Worst thing was I even got a shake of the head as he went past.

Without branding all bikers, a lot seem to think they are invincible/above all other road users.

The amount of times I get bikers shaking their heads or staring in is rediculous, usually its because I haven't moved far enough towards the pavement to allow them past, regardless that within 3 or 4 seconds i'm about to turn right, or because i've used the brakes and they have been sat to close to the rear. Whatever the reason it always winds me up and probably the reason why some do it.

VXR, I know you are trying to defend them to the death, however you must admit that some act like complete cocks, same as some drivers do. My personal opinion won't change until a few months goes by without me seeing one drive like a complete tool.
grubz172

26th May 10 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

car drivers are the ones that cause most the accidents with bikes as they just pull out and say "sorry i didnt see you" well open your fuckin eyes then .. also most cars drivers only hate on bikers as they have to sit in traffic watching all the bikers filter through ... jelousy imo
Nath

26th May 10 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by grubz172
car drivers are the ones that cause most the accidents with bikes as they just pull out and say "sorry i didnt see you" well open your fuckin eyes then .. also most cars drivers only hate on bikers as they have to sit in traffic watching all the bikers filter through ... jelousy imo

Ok
ed

26th May 10 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
VXR, I know you are trying to defend them to the death, however you must admit that some act like complete cocks, same as some drivers do. My personal opinion won't change until a few months goes by without me seeing one drive like a complete tool.
He'll never do that, this is an actual video of him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh33bGAxl58
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
As a biker, you can see whats happening before the car driver even thinks.

this is exactly what gets my goat with bikers

as a well trained motorist you can anticipate, not JUST as a biker, most bikers think the moment they slip that helmet over their heads that they have some sort of super power and priority over other road users

You driven on the roads recently.

I never said just bikers

As a biker, wearing jsut leathers, im fully aware im one of the most vunerable people on the road. Your dad and his "mates" must be right biker chavs to give you this impression as no bikers I know have this attitude. We're the ones at risk.

Also, sitting in your car, your not at a higher level of sight, so no you don't have the vision that a biker does. A van driver has a closer vision range than a car driver, your sitting too low to see so how can you see what a biker does
Neo

26th May 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
also most cars drivers only hate on bikers as they have to sit in traffic watching all the bikers filter through ... jelousy imo

Yes this is exactly the reason why I have strong opinions over bikers, not for any of the very clear reasons that I described above your post, however instead because I'm jealous they will get home ten minutes before me. Such a stupid fucking thing to say
adiohead

26th May 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
a van that had stopped to let a car out of a junction so they could turn in

the van shouldn't have done this and the car pulling out should have waited until there was a gap and it was safe to do so.
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by a_j_mair

Quote without all the crap and i'd reply.
Neo

26th May 10 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Neo
a van that had stopped to let a car out of a junction so they could turn in

the van shouldn't have done this and the car pulling out should have waited until there was a gap and it was safe to do so.

Van had no choice, was turning right into a single lane road with a car pulling out. Car had to come out for the van to move. Doesn't excuse the biker from undertaking the van at a speed that was to fast to react to whatever was the over side of the van.
grubz172

26th May 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
quote:
also most cars drivers only hate on bikers as they have to sit in traffic watching all the bikers filter through ... jelousy imo

Yes this is exactly the reason why I have strong opinions over bikers, not for any of the very clear reasons that I described above your post, however instead because I'm jealous they will get home ten minutes before me. Such a stupid fucking thing to say

jelousy kicked in yo .. least you admit it though
pow
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 13:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ed
adiohead

26th May 10 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo

Van had no choice, was turning right into a single lane road with a car pulling out. Car had to come out for the van to move. Doesn't excuse the biker from undertaking the van at a speed that was to fast to react to whatever was the over side of the van.

there's nothing wrong with passing a car on the inside when it's stopped to turn right.
"only overtake on the left if the vehicle in front is signalling to turn right" (rule 163)
the car pulling out was at fault.

yes, the biker was wrong if he/she was speeding, but the car would still be at fault for not making sure the road was clear/safe.

pow
Premium Member

26th May 10 at 13:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bikers should NEVER undertake. That's in the fucking highway code and concidered dangerous driving.

Defend that daimo
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
Bikers infuriate me, in my relitively short period of being on the road (3 yrs) I have seen 2 crash's with the Biker at fault (1 was speeding and went into the back of a car, another was undertaking a van that had stopped to let a car out of a junction so they could turn in and the bike went straight into the car coming out as he was hidden behind the van)

Both times however the driver of the car was blamed.

On monday I saw another who must have felt he was invincible, going between very narrow gaps between cars at around 80/90 mph as well as swerving through other lanes whilst only wearing a t shirt and jeans, no lid.

Yesterday whilst indicating to overtake a push bike a motorbike came flying past me within 2 inches or so of my wingmirror at way over the speedlimit straight after a corner so I couldn't see him until I almost moved out resulting in me hammering my brakes on so I didn't hit the push bike. Worst thing was I even got a shake of the head as he went past.

Without branding all bikers, a lot seem to think they are invincible/above all other road users.

The amount of times I get bikers shaking their heads or staring in is rediculous, usually its because I haven't moved far enough towards the pavement to allow them past, regardless that within 3 or 4 seconds i'm about to turn right, or because i've used the brakes and they have been sat to close to the rear. Whatever the reason it always winds me up and probably the reason why some do it.

I've had some bloke do that right next to me, totally the bikers fault.

As for Van driver, whilst the biker shouldn't have gone up the inside, the van driver should not be stopping on a road.

Filtering, honestly, no-one can comment on this until they have done it. But jeans n t-shirt, well, no sympathy. Sounds like a cock. I never go out fully geared up, ever!!!!

Cycling incident, if your indicating then your fully legal to pull out and imo its the bikers fault.

tbh, i don't know anyone who shakes their head because you haven't moved. Thats stupid, your have as much right to the road as we do. Its OUR responsibility to get around the obstruction/cage, not yours to move out the way. We should only pass when safe, and the amount of bikers that don't indicate as they do this really really winds me up. Like car drivers, it takes a mear second to flick the switch.

Never said otherwise, in fact I said a lot of bikers ride like tits, in which case no sympathy.

Riding experience - 8 years commuting to central london every day, riding motorcyles since I was 6, and 10 years road riding now.

I still learn something new every day, any biker who thinks they are gods gift will soon go down, and hard.
Daimo B

26th May 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Bikers should NEVER undertake. That's in the fucking highway code and concidered dangerous driving.

Defend that daimo

Highway code states keep to the left too. So its ok for the car driver to ignore this, but not the biker???

If there is room, its safe. You don't crawl past at the 1mph over the cars speed, you apply the throttle before approaching to ensure a speedy and safe overtake.

If bloody americans of all people can grasp undertaking safely, then anyone can, its just another stupid law. If people won't keep left, they people will undertake. I do it in the car, and 13 years experience and not a crash yet.

Keep to the inside lane like the law requires and no undertaking needed.

In fact, coming out of London, theres a stretch where an inside lane joins in. NO-ONE ever went in it, so thousands of cars are squeezing into the outside 2 lanes to overtake each other. So all the bikes just up the inside lane. Middle lane tossers
jimmy 2.1

26th May 10 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's some good and some bad rider's out there. I saw that on my clocks over the weekend, but i know when and where to do it that won't involve other road users. That guy clearly didn't.
a_j_mair

26th May 10 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
I never go out fully geared up, ever!!!!

bit silly

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Bikers 22 database queries in 0.0162230 seconds