corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » [Loan Day]Who here has a loan?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author [Loan Day]Who here has a loan?
Fro

User status: Offline
11th Jun 10 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Nothing wrong with Renault, but if we are talking proper cars here then BMW is what you need!

Noooothing James?

FB suggests otherwise Jamborine
Budgie

11th Jun 10 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a loan to get the silvia.

and tbh i would never get a loan again or advise people to get one. but thats just me.

just save up buy a cheap car. save up again. sell car. buy more expensive/better car. save up and do this untill you have yourself what you're after.
Bart

11th Jun 10 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Budgie
just save up buy a cheap car. save up again. sell car. buy more expensive/better car. save up and do this untill you have yourself what you're after.

This is it... but why should I spend alot of money on a car I dont want, continue to save, while this money could be put towards a decent car which I do want and be costing around the same per month if not less?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

11th Jun 10 at 09:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Buy some baby clothes mate.
Jambo

11th Jun 10 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I said Renault, not MY Renault

Colin

11th Jun 10 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fucking right mate, get it done!!!

I've got some Finance, cant remamber exactly how much think its about 6-7k. Its not a problem though, £200 a month & I dont notice it come out my account.
ashleh

11th Jun 10 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to uni .
Bart

11th Jun 10 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
Fucking right mate, get it done!!!

I've got some Finance, cant remamber exactly how much think its about 6-7k. Its not a problem though, £200 a month & I dont notice it come out my account.

Thats the spirit
Ian W

11th Jun 10 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't have a problem getting another loan for a car.

Got one to get my last car and just pay it each month as I would with finance.

There is only a few options when it comes to buying cars really, save up for years and buy the car you want outright which few can afford or just have cheap cars all your life.

Or just get a loan - works for me
John_C

11th Jun 10 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make the terms as small as possible so your not paying it over a long period. Instead of 5 yrs make it 2 or 3
Bart

11th Jun 10 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John_C
make the terms as small as possible so your not paying it over a long period. Instead of 5 yrs make it 2 or 3

jesus, mary and joseph, that'll be closer to £500 pm, which is not what im looking for.
Nath

11th Jun 10 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd do it again, but this time I'd save alot more to put towards it so the payments are smaller. My car is paid for next month, finally!
Twiggy

11th Jun 10 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 years! fuck that 18/24mths tops
Colin

11th Jun 10 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I usually take mine over 4yrs then sell the car after a year-18months & settle the loan. Just make sure you put up enough cash so your never going to be in the red with it!!

5yrs term seems long but its a good way to get what you want when you want it, without having to save until your old & boring & dont want it any more!!

1 life........
ed

11th Jun 10 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a loan for furniture. How boring is that
Graham88

11th Jun 10 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would definetly get a loan it just makes things easier. Although that long a period wouldn't be a consideration for me mainly because I wouldn't know what I'm doing in 5 years, I might want a house in 3 years time and that £240 a month could be put towards the mortgage etc. I have got 6k over 18months which I put towards my car simply to make things easier, would have been tight for money for a couple of months if I'd have paid it outright. Nothing wrong with debt.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

11th Jun 10 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh if i had a kid on the way i wouldnt be spending 21k on a car

can you not get a car for 9k?

mondeo st tdci
Bart

11th Jun 10 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
I usually take mine over 4yrs then sell the car after a year-18months & settle the loan. Just make sure you put up enough cash so your never going to be in the red with it!!

5yrs term seems long but its a good way to get what you want when you want it, without having to save until your old & boring & dont want it any more!!

1 life........

Thats a very good point, a 21k car, with a £12k loan, I should never be in negative equity, if the worst comes to the worst, I sell, loose a bit of my deposity I put down, but still have enough money to pay off loan, and buy cheaper car.

Im a bit more happier knowing that now.
Budgie

11th Jun 10 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:
Originally posted by Budgie

This is it... but why should I spend alot of money on a car I dont want, continue to save, while this money could be put towards a decent car which I do want and be costing around the same per month if not less?

well i got a cheap ass 306 to get me round while i save and its probably the worst car ive ever driven.
i actually die a little everytime i drive it. its soul crushingly dissapointing.

so now savin up on top of already saving to get myself something nicer/newer to roll in, whilst still saving up.

also if you get a loan and stack your car. youre then paying a loan off with nothin to show for it. not that i would know of such a thing
Bart

11th Jun 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Budgiealso if you get a loan and stack your car. youre then paying a loan off with nothin to show for it. not that i would know of such a thing

Its swings and round abouts.
If I waited 2 years and bought the 20k car and then stacked it, im still stuck without a car
ed

11th Jun 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what insurance is for.
John_C

11th Jun 10 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
quote:
Originally posted by John_C

jesus, mary and joseph, that'll be closer to £500 pm, which is not what im looking for.

If you can't afford that then get a cheaper car. Your paying way more interest over the longer term if you go 5 years. What about buying house etc down the line? Even if you pay up loan early there will be early repayment fees, normally 1 or 2 month interest. IMO your not winning in life by buying a depreciating asset with a loan on 8,9,10% interest. Not meant to be harsh just the facts
Mase
Premium Member

11th Jun 10 at 16:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you can afford it, go for it. I've got mine over 4 years and plan to keep for 2 ideally, getting shot then doing the whole thing again!

Mase
Tiesto

11th Jun 10 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a 14k loan over 5 years to get a Z4, biggest mistake ever. Still paying for it and don't even have it anymore.
Graham88

11th Jun 10 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But that's your choice, you obviously used the money for something else or you could have ended the loan?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » [Loan Day]Who here has a loan? 23 database queries in 0.0157678 seconds