corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Regional Groups

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Regional Groups
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jun 10 at 21:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I reckon Pow could do North of SC. Might be best to clear that with him first though

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Callum

21st Jun 10 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by connollygt30
Scotland one is piss poor

I went to a few meets etc with the local RSOC when i had the rs turbo,they are years ahead of the vauxhall scene with meets,events etc

I'd probably go to more of these if there was alot, but ive read that most of the scottish meets have been poor, not slating anyone for poor turnouts though - at least they are trying
pow
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm in agreement with 2 organisers for SC...
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would gladly take charge of Scotland, or at least the southern region.

I've been organising meets in my area, but looking to put together a more central based one regularly so that we can get a better turnout.

I've also emailed the organisers of a car show being held in Ayr in August enquiring about putting a stand together as 2 of my local cruise sites are showing and i could probably get a decent turnout to attend this show !

I've got plenty of free time to put into it.

Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can you not go to a meet because they're poor?
Daveskater
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
I'm in agreement with 2 organisers for SC...
Any thoughts on my post at the top of the page?

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
pow
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm happy to help, but only if Ian thinks I'm up to the job!
Archie
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

If people turned up they'd be alot better.

I appreciate that they have been more Ayrshire based but like i had said looking to organiser more central ones after SMC.

The Maidens meet i organised was a great meeting, banter was great, the drive down was a hoot, plenty of good pictures and a lot of faces turned up, good to meet new people
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is my point. To avoid a meet in case it's not busy is to be part of the problem.
Callum

21st Jun 10 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

I mean theres been alot of low turnouts which doesnt really sound very good, obviously I should really go and then there would be a higher turnout, i think the scotland section needs at least 2 organisers

[Edited on 21-06-2010 by Callum]
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would like to see the reasons for these - like if the people actually aren't close or if they are and not going. And if not, why not.

I do intend getting the stuff busy and proper so any information at all is welcome.
Archie
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
That is my point. To avoid a meet in case it's not busy is to be part of the problem.

Agreed, i notice connolly commented that Scottish meets are pish, but he has never attended.

It may well be a distance for him, yet Nic Barnes has said a few times he has contemplated coming up, and i'm sure he's probably further away than Connolly
DannyB
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We had over 80 people to the last RR day with around 30 cars turning up, that's a good turnout in my eyes. The only issue I have is people don't stick to their word. The majority of members paid up no bother to the RR day except a few that I had to chase. I tried to organise a karting day, tons of people said they would go but as soon as it came to parting with cash no one piped up so it got cancelled.
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by thegsi
May I add our region was in Total Vauxhall.

+ 2 East midlanders

I'd have to agree that they could do with being sorted, the EM region especially as its always quiet and when you do organise things no one turns up
A few of us from the EM region that use corsasport do have photoshoots/meets but a lot of it is organised outside of the website, which i must admit doesn't do much for helping the new lads/lasses get involved

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Archie
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
And there have been events up there as well? Also was talking about heading up to SMC in July to see if it's worth taking CS there officially next year.

That i would love to see.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 21:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What could we do to sort that Danny?
RCoughtrie

21st Jun 10 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Callum

I'd probably go to more of these if there was alot, but ive read that most of the scottish meets have been poor, not slating anyone for poor turnouts though - at least they are trying

To be fair wee archie more than trys to get things going even after poor turn outs... agree tho effort from members, myself included, is poor in our area.
SnK

21st Jun 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian, as previously noted, is it possible for myself and SamCorsaB to me nominated to be organisers of Yorkshire events, or West Yorkshire atleast as yorkshire is quite a big county... I do think we could get alot more members..
Callum

21st Jun 10 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alot of the times Ive been to busy to attend meets (genuine reason) I am up for them though and im not moaning or anything if thats the way its coming across
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No I think we can be honest and say some of them have not gone so well. And I'm not referring to any particular region there. I'm all about fixing them. So whatever we can do there.

[Edited on 21-06-2010 by Ian]
Nic Barnes

21st Jun 10 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Archie
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

Agreed, i notice connolly commented that Scottish meets are pish, but he has never attended.

It may well be a distance for him, yet Nic Barnes has said a few times he has contemplated coming up, and i'm sure he's probably further away than Connolly

i often debated going to a few of your ayr meets. its about 80-90 miles away. they all fell on days i was doing something else or mates to come up with me were busy or i would have come up for a drive out.
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 21:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What if everyone stuck to first Sunday? Would that make attendance easier? Or is that part of the problem?
Nic Barnes

21st Jun 10 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

half the problem i bet in going to a meet is that you know nobody there. and lets be honest, nobody wants to be the odd one out sat in the corner on their own.
pow
Premium Member

21st Jun 10 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just seeing this has giving me the incentive to kickstart the meet I posted up about a couple of days ago
Ian
Site Administrator

21st Jun 10 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That is the least of our problems if they're on a day no one can make.

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Regional Groups 23 database queries in 0.0179179 seconds