corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got pulled over for... [Defective Form Pics]

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just got pulled over for... [Defective Form Pics]
N3CRO

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 10 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old Corsa had rear lights with no reflectors for almost 6 years, me nor my sister ever got pulled for it.
FAZ
Premium Member

23rd Jun 10 at 22:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Huwsi
thye are like that round my way too One accused me of having an illegal plate because it had a Wales Badge on it, he then told me he could give me 6 points on the spot......

It's usually the panda cops who pull me for defective this, illegal that. Traffic boys are sound to be fair

racist
.Matt

23rd Jun 10 at 22:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was undercover who pulled me follwed me, since i left my girlfriends house, i see them speed round a roundabout to get behind me prob thought they would catch me speeding but only thing they got was me plodding 10 mph below speed limit smoking a fag.
Huwsi

23rd Jun 10 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by .Matt
It was undercover who pulled me follwed me, since i left my girlfriends house, i see them speed round a roundabout to get behind me prob thought they would catch me speeding but only thing they got was me plodding 10 mph below speed limit smoking a fag.

I'm suprised you didn't get done for smoking whilst driving
Adam_B

23rd Jun 10 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
they're like that round my way too One accused me of having an illegal plate because it had a Wales Badge on it, he then told me he could give me 6 points on the spot......

There was a time when country flags were illegal, you could only have the euro GB, but i think its gone back again now. The laws on whats permitted seem to change monthly.
Huwsi

23rd Jun 10 at 23:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:
they're like that round my way too One accused me of having an illegal plate because it had a Wales Badge on it, he then told me he could give me 6 points on the spot......

There was a time when country flags were illegal, you could only have the euro GB, but i think its gone back again now. The laws on whats permitted seem to change monthly.

It was one that had the EU badge on as well, i bought the plate at halfrauds

I laughed when he said that he was being "nice" to me and sparing 6 points on my licence
Limecat
Banned

24th Jun 10 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
None Standard Exhaust... Woo go me. Got a 14 day ticket thing to get it changed.

Well i orginally got pulled for apparently not wearing a seatbelt, opening line from the police women was "Do you like your face" it then went on about seatbelts and showed her the harneses etc. But then she went on about defective rear light, which was due to connector pushed on the holder bit properly so fixed that but insisted it gets looked at, then the bloke said i had a race exhaust on my car, and measured it as 3.5" when infact its 2.5" and then said i bet there no centre or cat so he looked and too his surprise there was both. but again insisted i removed backbox.

Oh well, get that done then put back on.

I call bollocks.

Post your vehicle defect form. Otherwise it is just bullshit.
Corsa_Scotty

24th Jun 10 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got nothing better to do to be fair. Ive been pulled numerous times for an exhaust ive got which you can hardly hear till you floor it but as soon as you ask them to do a decibel test on it they soon stutter and let you on your way!
Limecat
Banned

24th Jun 10 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's why I think the OP is talking bollocks. I want to see the vehicle defect form but I expect some bullshit about why he doesn't have it.

Just another person posting crap on the Internet.
mattk

24th Jun 10 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and there is one more...
spikedjack

24th Jun 10 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Comming to the end of the quarter, quartly quota's to meet and what not
nathy_87

24th Jun 10 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Power tripping sods tbh.
Fro

24th Jun 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got pulled loads in the corsa and golf and searched for drugs etc Never found anything and i ended up writing to the police complaining.
.Matt

24th Jun 10 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Call your bluff with...

Steve
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt know it was illegal to own a non standard exhaust
Archie
Organiser: Scotland
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happens if you buy a standard replacement from the motor factors
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 14:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you define a 'non standard exhaust' though? He's got a cat and middle box on so I can't the problem myself. I'd be complaining if that happened to me
.Matt

24th Jun 10 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They were just "goating" so to speak couldn't find anything wrong. Also occused me of fronting because i have my parents as Named drivers on my policy.
AlexW

24th Jun 10 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmfao Sound like dicks.
Argue it.
Graham88

24th Jun 10 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
They were just "goating" so to speak couldn't find anything wrong. Also occused me of fronting because i have my parents as Named drivers on my policy.

What's wrong with that?
Brett
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds a bit funny
shaunmods
Premium Member

24th Jun 10 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Seriously?! They sound clueless to be honest!
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Jun 10 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Non standard exhaust? Every car I've ever owned over a few years old has a non standard exhaust because the standard one normally falls off after a bit.

What about your non standard tyres? Or are you supposed to keep the perished bald ones? Or perhaps he was a concourse judge
Nic Barnes

24th Jun 10 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

size of it done matter it if they judge it to be too loud for road use. you can fail an mot on noise from an exhaust i do believe.
Ian
Site Administrator

24th Jun 10 at 17:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perhaps the terminology is confusing but that to me says the problem is with it being not factory specification. Which isn't necessarily an actual problem.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Just got pulled over for... [Defective Form Pics] 22 database queries in 0.0134342 seconds