corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Well i took the plunge..

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Well i took the plunge..
A2H GO

User status: Offline
5th Jul 10 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with this, if you can get into the habit of getting your protein through food sources right from the off then it will benefit you no end. Most people tend to rely to much on protein shakes, just remember, 'You dont get Solid on Liquds'.
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Training Plan –
The first exercise of the night consists of 4 sets followed by 3 sets for other excercises..
Light, medium, heavy, medium.
Light being 12 reps heavy being 4-6.
This is my plan, it is no means perfect and no doubt will not work for everyone.

Monday – Chest/Abs
Flat Bench Press
Incline Bench Press
Incline Dumbell Press
Flat Dumbell Flys
Cable Crossovers/Pec Deck

Leg Raises
Decline Situps
Cable crunches
Ab Roller

Tuesday – Back/ Biceps
Wide Grip Pull ups
Wide Grip Pull downs
Close Grip Pull downs
Bent over dumbell rows/Seated cable rows

E-Z bar curls(normal grip)
E-Z bar curls(close grip)
Seated dumbell Curls/Hammer dumbell Curls
Standing cable curls/Steated preacher curls.

Wed - Off
Thursday – Shoulders / Traps
Seated Dumbell Press
Seated Smith Press
Lateral Dumbell Raises
Dumbell Front Raises

Upright Rows
Dumbell Shrugs
Barbell Shrugs

Friday – Triceps/Abs
Close Grip Bench Press
Skull Crushers
Weighted Dips
Close Bar Cable push downs
Rope Cable pull downs.

Abs-As per monday

Saturday - Off
Sunday – Off

EDIT - Just to add, i also do Cardio after for 10-15 mins after every workout either rower, bike or treadmill.

This works for me but may not work for you, its about finding what feels right. I tend to change it up a lot and start on different exercises each week. Im also working on Triceps more which is why even though they are a small muscle I do them first on a Friday.

Diet

8.00 – 1 Basa Fish Fillet and Protein Shake (you can buy 8 of these frozen from Tesco for £5 and only take 3 mins in microwave)
10.00 – Banana
12.00 – 1 Large Jacket Potato/ Large Salad/1 Chicken Breast(cooked night before)
2.30 – 1 Basa Fish Fillet and Rice Cake( I do two in a morning, eat one and take one work)
5.30 - Banana/Train
6.30 – Protein Shake
7.00 – Tea( whatever the Mrs makes but usually something that contains meat like chicken curry, beef dinner, chicken with pasta)
10.00 – Cottage cheese/ Protein shake.

That’s my diet for training days, on off days it’s the same only without the 8.00 and 10.00 protein shake, this is aslo my cutting diet with it being summer but im looking to keep this up all year as last year I bulked up over winter and its taken shit loads of hard work to loose the fat again for this summer,lol. Im open to anyone who has suggestions on how I can improve my diet/training, like I say im still relatively new to this.

[Edited on 05-07-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]
jibjob

5th Jul 10 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate I'll have a good read through it and work out something to suit me thats based on your plan. Cheers for the help
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jibjob
Cheers mate I'll have a good read through it and work out something to suit me thats based on your plan. Cheers for the help

Obviously you wont be able to do most of those exercises with your equipment but if you base it around that and just do what you can im sure you'll see some noticeable changes, especially within the first 3-6 months.

Just remember its 10% Supplements, 20% Training and 80% Diet.
jibjob

5th Jul 10 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye i can always improvise some of the exercises like swap the dumbells just for a loose weight. Ive been doing my exercises for a couple of weeks now and ive already seen a good gain in muscle mass and definition. Ive not really had a set routine though and my diets been ok but could be better. Are the protein shakes worth it and is there a difference between brands or is it just a case of taking different brands until you find one that works for you?
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ye i can always improvise some of the exercises like swap the dumbells just for a loose weight. Ive been doing my exercises for a couple of weeks now and ive already seen a good gain in muscle mass and definition. Ive not really had a set routine though and my diets been ok but could be better. Are the protein shakes worth it and is there a difference between brands or is it just a case of taking different brands until you find one that works for you?

I'd say only go for the shakes once your really into the training and have been doing it routinely for a couple of months. I find that when i run out and go for a week or so without any shakes, i ache more and it takes me a day or two more before i can feel that the muscle has recovered. Ive sworn by Optimum 100% On Whey for the past 2 and a half years(£38 a tub) but have recently switched to PHD Pharma whey(£31 a tub on ebay) and i cant rate it enough
jibjob

5th Jul 10 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers for all the help mate i'll give it all a go. Its a bit hard to stick to a set routine because of the hours i work as they vary from day to day and i have no set shifts so one day i could be at work for 5.30am and the next not finish until 10pm. If i keep my diet regular though even with work then i could just swap my down days for the days when i dont have time to work out.

Does it feel like you have to rely on the protein for recovery or does it just aid it?
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No i try to never rely on it. If i can, after the gym ill just have a tin of tuna on its own in a bowl with a bit of pepper and viniger Its not that bad honest. Sometimes its just more convenient to have the shakes. And cheaper, i get through a tub of 90 servings a month(£32) i wouldnt like to think what 90 tins of tuna/chicken breasts would cost.

It is hard because life will always do its best to stop you getting into a routine or going the gym when you want to but thats half the challenge. We all have a million and one things we need to do or would rather do but you hust have to make sure gyms very near the top of the priority list. For example, the Mrs parents will invite us round for tea one night in the week, if its a night im suppose to be at the gym, ill go the gym. Simple as, its not rude, the more you do it the more people will realise how important it is to you.

jibjob

5th Jul 10 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahh i see so you can replace the shakes with something else thats high in protein? Like lean steaks, nuts, etc. The shakes would be a good idea for when i was at work though and have a limited option of what to eat. Do the shakes help with hunger?

With having the weights at home i think its a lot easier to get it done rather than having to go to the gym everyday. Plus if i finish work at 10pm i can still work out after.
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ahh i see so you can replace the shakes with something else thats high in protein? Like lean steaks, nuts, etc. The shakes would be a good idea for when i was at work though and have a limited option of what to eat. Do the shakes help with hunger?

With having the weights at home i think its a lot easier to get it done rather than having to go to the gym everyday. Plus if i finish work at 10pm i can still work out after.

Thats it mate. A bag of cashew's to munch on throughout the day would be ideal. Don't know about other people but they dont help me with hunger at all(i have them with water not milk) but then i try an not let myself get to the point where im hungry as this means your body is catabolic and begins to eat away at your hard earned muscle for energy.

jibjob

5th Jul 10 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spot on. Cheers for all the help mate i'll give the diet a go starting on monday just so its kept to a week. I'll keep doing my workout until monday aswell and then give yours a go and see how it goes.

I'll start off with fish, steaks, nuts etc and then progress onto shakes after a while just when im up and running with a set routine.
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any time. Best of Luck. Just remember to be patient, it wont happen overnight.
Paul_J

5th Jul 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsAsh-Sport
quote:

Obviously you wont be able to do most of those exercises with your equipment but if you base it around that and just do what you can im sure you'll see some noticeable changes, especially within the first 3-6 months.

that's 110%

- The training plan seems quite close to p90x schedule, but you have wed off I'll give this a go... seems good balance that shouldn't take too long (p90x used to take over an hour and a half each night).

how many scoops did you have in your shakes?
jibjob

5th Jul 10 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ye im hoping to see an improvement within a month of hard work but im not expecting a lot, maybe just a reduction in the podgy belly i have and being able to feel the muscles under the skin. Then hopefully 3 months in i should have a bit more muscle mass and a bit of definition and then from then on its just a case of more mass more definition.
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
quote:

that's 110%

- The training plan seems quite close to p90x schedule, but you have wed off I'll give this a go... seems good balance that shouldn't take too long (p90x used to take over an hour and a half each night).

how many scoops did you have in your shakes?

Always give 110% and all that... maths never was my strong point.

I have Wed off as i find its nice to have a break mid week meaning you don't have to do 3 nights in a row and it gives your body a day to recover.

Just one scoop in the shakes mate, used to have two but was getting though it really quickly so dropped to one and haven't seen any noticeable difference. There is less protein in the PHD compared to the Optimum(think its about 20g's a scoop rather than 24g's) but i try to make up for it with food. The above diet is 160-170g's of protein, ideally it should be 1.5 x your lbs in bodyweight, which for me is(200g's of protein a day) which means ideally i would look to introduce an extra chicken breast/tin of tuna day. It has to be done slowly though, theres no point writing up a perfect deit then expecting yourself to stick at it for the next 5 years, it needs to fit in with your lifestyle. Tupperware is your friend.

BarnshaW

5th Jul 10 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your diet is not perfect, I would suggest you iintroduce a tiny amount of simple carbs after your training.
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
your diet is not perfect, I would suggest you iintroduce a tiny amount of simple carbs after your training.

Cool. Remind me again what simple carbs are? As far as im aware potatos are complex carbs right?

For tea(just trained) ive just had Lentils with Chicken and a small Jacket Potato.
Dan
Premium Member

5th Jul 10 at 20:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was always recommended dextrose/maltodextrin for post workout.

I used to mix a small amount in my post workout shake

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
A2H GO

5th Jul 10 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan
I was always recommended dextrose/maltodextrin for post workout.

I used to mix a small amount in my post workout shake

Whats that for?
Ben G

5th Jul 10 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Good Luck with the training buddy, that is a good start. I was a little podgy so started training around 3 years ago. This was me last Summer so around 12 months ago:

I cut the bottom of as it was a shoot for an underwear catalogue.

I'm no expert by any means but i'd be happy to let you know my training plan, diet, anything you need to know really. IMO All supplements are a waste of time and money apart from one, protein powder(and even then it should only be to supplement your diet, not replace it).

[Edited on 04-07-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]

christ there's some dedication gone into that!
A2H GO

6th Jul 10 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Good Luck with the training buddy, that is a good start. I was a little podgy so started training around 3 years ago. This was me last Summer so around 12 months ago:

I cut the bottom of as it was a shoot for an underwear catalogue.

I'm no expert by any means but i'd be happy to let you know my training plan, diet, anything you need to know really. IMO All supplements are a waste of time and money apart from one, protein powder(and even then it should only be to supplement your diet, not replace it).

[Edited on 04-07-2010 by CorsAsh-Sport]

christ there's some dedication gone into that!

Cheers Dude.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Well i took the plunge.. 24 database queries in 0.0221639 seconds