corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rossi rides WSB R1 32 days after breaking leg

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rossi rides WSB R1 32 days after breaking leg
DizzyRebel

User status: Offline
8th Jul 10 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
He's only being consistent because Rossi isn't there! And he's no Schumacher

Even when rossi was there at the beggining of the season he was beating him.

Lorenzo will never have the experience and outright skill to be better than rossi. He missed out on the 500 days and they were the bikes that made the greatest great. take all the aids off the bikes and lorenzo, pedrosa, stoner etc would never keep up with the boys who have 500 experience.

I can see rossi having 2 or 3 more years in gp's, as soon as he wins with ducati i can see him looking towards retirement.
Nath

8th Jul 10 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leg-end
shibby

8th Jul 10 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

absolute machine. wasnt a small break either, full compound fracture so not a quick fix!
John G

8th Jul 10 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks like hes still wearing the cast in that first picture
fred7

8th Jul 10 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fir3vip3r
quote:
Originally posted by jr
thing is, as everyone has agreed, rossi has defined the motogp era, it is rubbish without him

The trouble when one man becomes bigger than a sport. I cant see Rossi being around much longer. Now lorenzo's being consistant Rossi will definitely struggle

Do u watch the races at all? rossi won the first race, 3rd in the 2nd race then 2nd in the 3rd race then the crash? hes currently 7th and with 1 win can be forth after missing 3 races!! how is he struggling?
smcGSI16V

8th Jul 10 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
Thank god, it's boring without him.
Daimo B

9th Jul 10 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fred7
Do u watch the races at all? rossi won the first race, 3rd in the 2nd race then 2nd in the 3rd race then the crash? hes currently 7th and with 1 win can be forth after missing 3 races!! how is he struggling?

James love Rossi like I do, we would have his babies, but don't be blinded because the person coming 1st 1st 1st was Lorenzo.

I love Rossi, he's a legend now, he is the GOAT, and I can't feel MotoGP is hugely missing him. That along with 16 bikes is making one of the most boring seasons ever. Moto2 with 42 bike is certainly the even to watch this year.

Rossi was already on the downwards slope, and I hate to say it, but Lorzeno is quicker. Last few years he was on Rossi's ass all the time, but he kept binning it, which lost him the championship.

Lorenzo will stay with Yam, Spies will join him, Rossi will go to Ducati, and then if he doesn't win he has a get out clause and can blame the bike.

I don't really like him, but Lorenzo is the future atm, and the only person even close is Dovi.

God bless the day Rossi returns though, the sports just missing "something" being there.
Daimo B

9th Jul 10 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And if Rossi does go to Ducati, and Stoner goes to Honda, who do they get rid of?

Their love child, who's never performed, Pedrosa?
Or the on form this year, give him another chance Dovi? (KEEP DOVI HONDA!!!! Bin thats moody short assed misery guts Pedrosa).
jr

9th Jul 10 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stoner has gone to honda for 2011, confirmed this morning
Daimo B

9th Jul 10 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any news on who's being booted from Honda?
RichR
Premium Member

9th Jul 10 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did hear a rumour that they might run three bikes; not sure if that's accurate or even in keeping with the legislation - can;t see it happening but with all of Pedrosa's early whinging this season, I think he might be off.

Ben Spies to take Rossi's ride is to early to call in my opinion - a couple fo good finishes doesn't make him consistent yet. Maybe Pedrosa will go there as a shock move?
Jamie Walby

9th Jul 10 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
Stoner has gone to honda for 2011, confirmed this morning

Saw this coming a mile off!

Id love to see Rossi bow out by winning the title on a Ducati! Be a shame when he does retire though
Daimo B

9th Jul 10 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I did hear a rumour that they might run three bikes; not sure if that's accurate or even in keeping with the legislation - can;t see it happening but with all of Pedrosa's early whinging this season, I think he might be off.

Ben Spies to take Rossi's ride is to early to call in my opinion - a couple fo good finishes doesn't make him consistent yet. Maybe Pedrosa will go there as a shock move?

Already rumoured tbh, has been for quite some time. Spies is a fantastic rider, but its only his 1st season remember. Toseland was awful in comparison. He's the best of "the rest of the world" and has done Yamaha well, I think they will give him another 2 seasons worth of trying yet.

Stoner, just seems to have lost the will these days. He was my tip for this years championship, hasn't performed at all.

3 bikes for Honda, possible? Meant to be 20 odd bikes on the grid next year.
DizzyRebel

9th Jul 10 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Spies - Factory yamaha
Stoner - repsol Honda

They are both confirmed. Rumours are that Pedrosa is being dropped from honda.

Also, Cal Crutchlow is supposed to be on the Tech 3 Yamaha next season!
jr

9th Jul 10 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rumour is this

stoner telefonica honda HRC

dovi/pedrobot repsol honda

lorenzo/spies fiat yam

hayden/rossi ducati

crutchlow/capirossi tech 3
Daimo B

9th Jul 10 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 different rumours there boys.

Also, Repsol will be the sponsership if Dani goes as well. Another rumour.

Cal crutchlow isn't good enough for MotoGP.
jr

9th Jul 10 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Casey Stoner will ride for Honda in the 2011 MotoGP World Championship after it was confirmed he will part ways with Ducati at the end of the 2010 MotoGP season.

Stoner's future with the Italian manufacturer, with whom he won the 2007 MotoGP World Championship, has been the subject of speculation for several months, but both Ducati and Honda have now confirmed the inevitable

Coming shortly after Ducati announced Stoner was to leave it at the end of the 2010 season, Honda confirmed its new acquisition, stating its delight in signing the former champion.

"We are very pleased that Casey will join Honda again next year,” said HRC vice president Shuhei Nakamoto. “Clearly he is one of the top riders in MotoGP and he will bring valuable speed and experience to our team.

“In the factory Honda squad we already have two very strong and experienced riders in Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso who are performing very well and currently hold second and third positions in the 2010 World Championship.

"HRC hopes also to retain these two riders for next year - giving us what would be a truly formidable line-up."

Marking a return to the manufacturer he made his MotoGP debut with in 2006, Stoner's move is expected to kick-start a flurry of activity in the rider market.

Foremost will be the whereabouts of Valentino Rossi, who is tipped to replace Stoner at Ducati, with Ben Spies being earmarked for FIAT Yamaha.

During his time with Ducati, Stoner won 20 grands prix
Daimo B

9th Jul 10 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So 3 bike lineup.

They've done it before so why not? They can afford it (proving money can't buy championships, no matter who's in the team squad. No top rider, no championships)
DizzyRebel

9th Jul 10 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daimo B
2 different rumours there boys.

Also, Repsol will be the sponsership if Dani goes as well. Another rumour.

Cal crutchlow isn't good enough for MotoGP.

He's a lot faster than toseland and hes still young enough to learn... toseland made it to gp's so Cal deserves a shot too. He would probably benefit from another year or 2 in wsb before he moves into the premier class though.
Daimo B

9th Jul 10 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cal was excellent on the 600's. Hasn't quite made the top flight of WSB.

Top flight of WSB isn't quick enough for MotoGP. Spies oblitorated everyone last year, and is doing quite well for his 1st year in MotoGP. Cal would be no-where near Ben imo.

You need to have something extra special in WSB, and I don't think anyone is good enough at the moment. Its quite a step up.
ianofbhills

9th Jul 10 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where's crasher de puniet going next year?

He's the only thing keeping me watching this season tbh its pretty dull really. His on the edge crash waiting to happen riding style is entertaining to watch.
jr

12th Jul 10 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rossi out on track in 5 mins at brno
Steve
Premium Member

12th Jul 10 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi
jr

12th Jul 10 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Completed 46 laps (good choice ) doing 1.59's with a lot less pain
Daimo B

13th Jul 10 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aiming for Germany isn't he.

Thats a tight tight track though, coming back a bit 2nd hand wouldn't be as good as it would be to leave it another race, get fully fit, and stuff Lorenzo's ass.

But notl yet please, i've just picked Lorenzo on my dream team

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Rossi rides WSB R1 32 days after breaking leg 22 database queries in 0.2238982 seconds